Min Yoongi

Yoongi grew up to be known as the bad boy, the heartless bad boy. It wasn't his choice but people made him that way; 'Yoongi you are so indifferent', 'Yoongi your parents are good people how come you are so bad', 'it's a waste your parents had you'.

Yoongi hears these insults everyday; at school, on the streets, everywhere. People only know how to run their mouths but they never knew why Yoongi chose solitude. Rather than talk, he likes to write, instead of saying what's on his mind he'd rather write it and compose a beautiful song. But people won't understand. He hated people, he hated everyone and hated to even engage with that trivial society. He saw humans as a heavy annoyance until he met someone unlike everyone else. Someone who understands every aspect about him, someone who appreciates what he does, someone who calls him an artist rather than a weirdo, someone who cares.

Son Chaeyoung, the name that broke Yoongi's mystery. Even though their first encounter wasn't that great, and even though Yoongi treats her badly, she still left something warm inside of him. Chaeyoung was the only person who ever regretted calling Yoongi a creep, why? Because she believed in his reasons of acting weird and rude. Rather than underestimating his talent, Chaeyoung called him an artist. Rather than feeling ashamed to be saved by him, Chaeyoung thanked him and called him her saviour. Chaeyoung made him feel that he has his own spot in this world and that the world won't be complete if he disappears. 
He was surprised and delighted the other day to see her at his father's store, worried, asking about his absence from school. But it is part of him to treat her rudely.
Now, not only Chaeyoung cherishes him and his talent, all his classmates as well.
Seeing all of them gathered just to listen to his music and dance to it, was more than what Yoongi wished for, it was a miracle. He enjoyed their company and was deeply happy to drink coffee with them at that hour but showing rudeness is a part of him which he can't control. Seeing them leaving to their houses he wanted to thank them but couldn't. Yoongi never thanked a human, it's out of his personality to do that.

"Chaeyoung-ah" Yoongi called suddenly as his friends were leaving.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung said as she stopped and turned to see him.

"Can you stay for a moment. We need to talk" Yoongi requested.

Chaeyoung, who was supposed to be accompanied home by Yugyeom, looked at the latter as if asking his permission. She was still angry at his way of treating her the previous night but still she felt that he was serious and that she needs to listen to him.

"I'll take her home" Yoongi said to Yugyeom " you don't have to worry"

Without a reason, Yugyeom trusted the person he was never able to take and left but he was still wondering about what's going on between the two.

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked coldly.

"My mother.." Yoongi muttered "she woke up this morning".

Chaeyoung eventually changed the indifferent look on her face to a wide smile that almost got her in tears. But still wasn't sure if she should be that happy because of Yoongi didn't seem happy.

"She left this for you" Yoongi said as he handed Chaeyoung a piece of paper.

"Where is she and why is she writing to me?" a confused Chaeyoung asked "Yoongi what is this?"

"I don't know what's in it, she told me to give it to you so I didn't read it"

"Where is she?"

"In the same place" Yoongi said in a sad tone "in a coma again"

Chaeyoung lowered her head without a word but full of tears. She clenched her fist where the paper was and bit her lower lip.

"Yoongi-ah" she whispered.

"Yes?"

"Take me home"

Without a word, Yoongi walked right behind a tearful Chaeyoung who was trying to cover her face with her hair. She felt extreme happiness that turned into sorrow in a matter of seconds. She wished to see his mother.

"What is her name?" A walking Chaeyoung said in a low voice that Yoongi was barely able to hear.

"Jin Kyung" he replied.

"Inspiring" Chaeyoung whispered as she stopped "this is it. See you tomorrow".

"Good night" Yoongi bid her a good night and waited until her door was opened for her to enter the house. Yoongi felt that he didn't say it all. Giving her the letter wasn't mainly why he asked her to wait and talk.
Hesitated, Yoongi moved forth towards her door and knocked.

"Yoongi-ah" Eunwoo, Chaeyoung's older brother, said in surprise.

"Hyung!" Yoongi sighed "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing in my house!" Eunwoo joked.

"You live here?" Yoongi muttered "You're Chaeyoung's brother?"

"Indeed" Eunwoo smiled "seems like you already became friends"

"Well .... Kind of" Yoongi approved "can you call her for me?"

"Of course" Eunwoo looked upstairs "chaeng-ah! You have a guest"

"Who is it?" Chaeyoung shouted as she was coming downstairs "who is it? Uh! Suga? What's wrong?"

"I'll leave you guys alone" Eunwoo said as he saw Yoongi giving him an 'excuse us' look.

"There's something I didn't tell you"

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Two years ago I promised Jimin and Jungkook that I'll never forgive for what they've done to me, I swore that no matter what, I will never take that notebook back because they made me hate it" Yoongi paused for a while then muttered "but then you had the notebook and ...."

"And?"

"And you changed my mind" Yoongi added turning his back to Chaeyoung.

"Yoongi-ah" Chaeyoung called "anyone would've done that, anyone would've done his best to get old friends back together after a long time of disagreement"

"But no one did" Yoongi lowered his head "a lot of people knew about the matter but no one tried to get us back together... I hated these two Chaeyoung-ah, I hated them to the point that I was ready to kill them.... But I feel like there's no big deal now"

"You did the right thing" Chaeyoung smiled "there's no point of keeping hatred towards them. They did a mistake and they regret it"

"It was all thanks to you"

"Yoongi-ah!"

"Chaeyoung-ah" Yoongi interrupted her "thank you.... And I'm sorry about yesterday"

Yoongi, despite being unused to theses words, felt relieved to spell them out for her. But he wouldn't be Yoongi if he keeps going smooth. A little bit of rudeness is necessary.

"This is it, I said it all" Yoongi said pushing Chaeyoung inside the house "go in, don't waste my time dwarfy"

"But... My god... You were a nice person two seconds earlier" Chaeyoung said struggling to resist.

"That's only the past. Now go" Yoongi pushed her quickly inside and closed the door then laid against the wall to take a deep breath "such a pain in the butt".

History must've noted the first time Yoongi thanked someone, the first time Yoongi opened to someone and the very first time he apologised to someone. Chaeyoung changed him a lot, she unknowingly healed the pain inside of him and got his old friends back to him.

"Kook-ah, Jimin-ah you should thank this dwarf as well"