Next Step

JHope headed towards the gym to practice with Kai. He didn't practice since the competition that took place two weeks ago. He got inspired by IDOLZ win in the local competition so he wanted to work harder to win too. He entered the gym hoping to find an empty spot. The receptionist told him that two boys are about to leave and he can take their place. Hoseok waited as he enjoyed some coffee.
In about ten minutes the gym's door opened and the two boys walked out. Hoseok stood up to enter but got surprised when he saw them.

"Yugyeom-ah?" Hoseok said.

"A...ah ... Hob-ah" Yugyeom muttered.

"You're training with Yoongi?" Hoseok said when he saw Suga.

"No, we just shared the gym room but we exercised separately" Yoongi explained.

"Oh! You exercise? That's cool" JHope smiled "I'm meeting Kai now but he's too late"

"Call him or he'll forget about you that brat" Yugyeom said.

"Yeah, I will" Hoseok checked his bag "oops! I left my phone at home" Hoseok said "can you guys give me yours?"

"There you go" Suga handed him his phone.

"Thank you" Hoseok thanked Suga as he unlocked the phone. Before he could even dial, Hoseok widened his eyes when he saw the background picture of Suga's phone. His hand trembled and he couldn't do anything.

"Are you okay?" Yugyeom asked.

"Eh? Ye... Yes... I'm fine" Hoseok muttered then he quickly called Kai. Yugyeom noticed the confusion of Hoseok, Suga too, but no one made a big deal. As they both left, Hoseok entered the gym and instead of training, he sat on the ground thinking about the picture he saw. He didn't know how to react nor how to take action. He just froze speechlessly thinking about what he should do, should he tell someone or he should just ignore this matter. Hoseok couldn't simply focus on training, no matter how hard he tried to do it, that picture confuses him. Hoseok stopped training and laid down on the floor thinking about what he should do. He closed his eyes for a moment but was interrupted by the door being opened. He turned to see who's coming to find Yugyeom coming back.

"You haven't started yet?" Yugyeom asked.

"I did" Hoseok answered "what brought you back?"

"I forgot my keys" Yugyeom answered "there they are, I'll go for now see you tomorrow"

"Good night" Hoseok said then suddenly stood up "Yugyeom-ah?"

"What?"

"Do you happen to know anything about Kai's parents? You know he said something before about his father disowning him"

"You know when it comes to introducing a topic you're absolutely the worst" Yugyeom teased "Kai told me that you knew about Chaeyoung being his sister"

"So he told you!" Hoseok hesitated "and his mother?"

"He knows nothing about her" Yugyeom said.

"The thing is that earlier when I used Yoongi's phone I saw the same picture Kai has" Hoseok explained.

"Picture? What picture?"

"A picture of his mother with her baby"

"He didn't show it to me" Yugyeom frowned.

"When I asked him about his mother, he said he only has one old picture of her and it's the same one in Yoongi's background photo"

"Are you positive?" Yugyeom asked.

"I'm dead positive" Hoseok nodded.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Yugyeom frowned "I even talked to Eunwoo before but he didn't give me any clues about her" Yugyeom added.

"Should we ask Youngjae?" JHope suggested.

"I'll call him" Yugyeom picked his phone and called Youngjae. He told him that it's an emergency and that he should come to the gym. In a matter of fifteen minutes, Youngjae came running to the gym, worried about what may be going on.

"Guys! What's wrong?" Youngjae panted.

"It's about Kai" Yugyeom said.

"What about him?" Youngjae asked.

"About his mother, remember last time when I saw that old picture of his mother?" Hoseok said.

"Yes?"

"I used Yoongi's phone earlier and he's using that same picture as his background photo" Hoseok announced.

"Why would he use it? Why does he even have it?" Youngjae wondered.

"I don't know but the baby in the picture, is he Kai or someone else?"

"I thought the baby is his mother's child with her second husband because Kai was already born when the picture was took" Youngjae explained.

"So why does Suga have it?" Yugyeom asked.

"Look guys we have to make Yoongi talk" Hoseok said.

"Leave this to me... I'm going to his father's store" Youngjae said.

"Now?" Yugyeom asked.

"It's now or never" Youngjae nodded.

"Then I'll be going to Chaeyoung's house ... I'll talk to her father"
_________________
Author's Note:

A dark box of complicated secrets could be revealed by an innocent act. Even if we keep it unseen, its secrets will be revealed somehow.

Next chapter: Investigation