The competition

IDOLZZ gathered backstage waiting for their turn to perform. There was about twenty groups and solo dancers who participated. A lot of magnificent stages were showcased which made the boys very nervous about winning. Suga, who was standing next to them, watched all the performances and was amazed. At this point, he thought that his friends won't be able to handle this level of competition. As the announcer called their names, the boys walked nervously towards the stage followed by Suga who stood behind the curtains to watch them. He watched them as they took their spots and got prepared to perform. Yugyeom, followed by all the other members, turned their gazes to Yoongi telling him that they'll be okay. Yoongi, who didn't budge, trusted them for a second then felt threatened by the other groups performances but he didn't have a choice other than to watch and wait. As the music started the boys dominated the stage, everyone was dancing like a pro. Yoongi was even more overwhelmed by Yugyeom's ability to pull the group together and lead them. They were all beautifully synchronised that Yoongi couldn't take his eyes off them. It was at that moment that he realised how much he wanted to be with them, how much he wanted to be surrounded by them, it was at that moment that he realised that Chaeyoung was right, it's really time for him to get close to them because they're really the best people to be around. Yoongi took a hold of himself, he didn't want to act emotional nor impressed in front of his friends who came back backstage celebrating their good work. Even though the results hasn't been announced yet, they celebrated as if they really won. They all ran joyfully towards Yoongi and stood around him.

"How did you like it?" Kai asked expecting a positive response.

"Who said I liked it?" Yoongi said as he immediately left the building.

"What's gotten into him?" Kai asked in big surprise.

"He liked it" Jungkook smiled "it's just part of him to act rude"

"It's exactly like you said Yugyeom-ah... He really has his own color" Kai shook his head.

As the boys were chit chatting, the MC announced that the teams who performed should go back onstage for the results' announcement. The boys were getting more nervous as only three teams remained. IDOLZZ, team Gimpo high school and team Namyangju high school. They almost had a heart attack when the MC announced that team Gimpo high school are the third place winners which means IDOLZZ are only one step close to winning the regional competition. The boys closed their eyes waiting for the big news as they couldn't get anymore nervous.

"The winner of Suwon regional dance competition is.. " the MC said "Namyangju high school"

With this big announcement the audience went hallelujah. Even many of them wanted IDOLZZ to win still they cheered for the winning team. IDOLZZ congratulated the winners and left the stage feeling the bitterness of losing after coming this far.

"What?" Suga said as he noticed their sad faces "you were expecting to win?"

"Why not? Is it impossible for us to win" kai protested "we made a very good ranking after all"

"If you're not the winner, second or last .... It doesn't really matter, they're both the same"

"Are you making fun of us?" Baekhyun stood angrily.

"No! I'm basically blaming you because you caused this to yourself" Suga crossed his arms "you should've listened to the principal, you guys needed someone to guide you"

"The principal?" Vernon wondered "what did the principal say about us"

"I'm sorry guys I didn't tell you earlier but the principal told me that we needed a dance teacher and that he already recruited someone for this .... I didn't want to tell you earlier because he talked to me just two days before the competition so I didn't want to confuse you"

"Ugh! Can things get any worse!" Jimin complained.

"So we can't ask you to join anymore?" Jungkook asked Yoongi without even turning to look at him.

"I thought we made a deal" Yoongi shrugged.

"Let's just leave" Baekhyun turned to leave "a double loss that is"

Hearing Baekhyun's words, Yoongi widened his eyes, surprised, not believing that Baekhyun considers Yoongi's absence from the group a loss. He stood obliviously unable to understand why the boys are so desperate about adding him to the group especially when he's not actually a dancer. He froze watching the boys leaving the building one by one looking miserable as if they are living a tragedy. JHope who was the last to leave was pulled by Yoongi who didn't want to grab the others' attention.

"Why is it so important?" Yoongi asked "I'm not even a dancer and there's no guarantee that I can add anything special to your team, so why does everyone want me so bad?"

"Do you want to hear the truth?"  JHope said.

"All of it" Suga requested

"Everyone grew to have a huge respect for you ever since we saw you performing your song back then... We used to have a very bad idea about you especially when you had that fight with Yugyeom. But ever since we heard your song, we grew aware of your hardship and that you're fighting life so everyone grew to look highly at you"

"Hardship? Who talked to you about such a thing?"  Suga asked.

"Chaeng-ah" Hoseok smiled "of course she wouldn't talk to us about your personal life but she said that we shouldn't look down at you because you're having a hard time"

"Isn't there a trouble where Chaeyoung isn't part of it!" Yoongi sighed.

"I doubt that" JHope chuckled "but you know what, you really have the nicest person besides you... Don't let her go even if she does stupid things" Hoseok said as he waved to Suga and left.

"I know right!" Suga whispered.