D-day

Hoseok sensed familiarity in the picture he was holding but couldn't tell who those people were until he paid attention to note written on the back of the picture :"Chaeyoungie, Eunwoo-yah! I hope we live together like real siblings one day"

"Chaeyoungie?" Hoseok whispered "that's right the girl looks exactly like Chaeyoung"

"Hob-ah" a voice coming from the toilets called "you came early"

"Kai-ah" Hoseok responded "it's you? I thought someone else came here".
Looking at Hoseok's confused face, Kai felt something suspicious. He didn't have any clue at first then he saw Hoseok turning around and holding the pictures.

"Are these yours?" Hoseok asked.

"Ehh... Uhm .... Yes" kai said as he walked closer to Hoseok to take the pictures and hide them. Jongin tried to avoid Hoseok's looks that were seeking answers. He wanted to change the topic but confusion detained him.

"You know you can talk to me about anything if you want" Hoseok said not moving his gaze away from Kai.

"I'm fine but thank you" kai muttered.

"I read what's on the picture" Hoseok announced "I apologise but I felt suspicious about anyone coming this early"

"No biggie" kai faked a smile.

"The Chaeyoung in the picture, does it happen to be our classmate?"

Kai refused to respond. That was his only secret that he wanted to keep to himself. But things always run out of control and his friends always expose him.

"Hm" kai acknowledged.

"Jongin-ah" Hoseok called changing his tone "aren't you telling me?"

"What do you want to know?" kai asked.

"Everything"

"Me and Chaeyoung were born to the same father" kai confessed.

"He's the one who disowned you?"

"Indeed" kai affirmed then looked straight at Hoseok.

"Does Chaeng know?" Hoseok asked again.

"She has no clue" kai said then held Hoseok's arms "You're keeping my secret right?"

"Kai-ah" Hoseok walked closer to him "how can you still live happily?"

"Who told you I'm living happily? It's true that I feel happy being around you guys but once I go home misery gets the best of me".

Hoseok dropped a tear listening to his teammate. He felt how much pain kai is going through still his smile is always the brightest in the group. Hoseok wanted to know more about Kai but they were interrupted by the sound of the door being opened.

"You already came?" Youngjae said with a wide smile.

"Hi Youngjae-ah" Kai greeted.

"What's with this gloomy atmosphere?" Youngjae asked looking at Hoseok's sad face.

"He saw Chaeyoung's picture and ... I .. I told him about it"

"Youngjae knows about that?" Hoseok asked.

"There isn't a single aspect Youngjae doesn't know about me" Kai smiled.

"Guys let's cheer up, the others will arrive soon" Youngjae clapped trying to change the negative vibes.
The three dancers snapped out of the gloomy atmosphere and went to change. It hasn't been two minutes and the others started coming in until there's only Yugyeom and Vernon who didn't come yet.

"There's only Yugyeom and Vernon left" Jinyoung said looking at his watch "hopefully they don't get any later"

"We won't" Vernon walked in followed by Yugyeom.

"But we won't start until Suga comes and tells us his decision" Yugyeom said.

"Hopefully he doesn't ruin our mood" Baekhyun said.

"okay let's wait for him at the gym"
The boys moved to the gym to start warming up until Yoongi comes. That rehearsal was their last before the competition. They're going to go to Suwon the next day to get prepared for the day after. Baekhyun played the song they're going to dance to and everyone got all hyped besides Jungkook who stood next to the door waiting for Yoongi. He laid on the wall with his hands crossed and walked back and forth from time to time as if waiting for something very important.

"You must really love him" Jinyoung said "You've been eagerly waiting ever since we came"

"Of course I cherish him a lot" Jungkook admitted " I really wish he agrees to join"

"Speak of the devil" Jinyoung pointed.

"Guys! He's here" Jungkook announced making everyone stop and turn to look at the gym's entrance.

"What's wrong?" Suga said as he opened the door "what's with those stares?"

"Hyung we've been waiting for you" Jungkook went to Yoongi.

"Don't get too excited" Yoongi crossed his hands and looked at everyone around "I'll go to Suwon with you but you guys have to forget about the idea of me joining this club"

"Ahh! Hyung!" Jungkook complained with a high voice "why are you being like this?"

"Why?" Baekhyun asked "can we at least know the reason?"

"This isn't simply my thing" Suga shrugged "I'm not into dancing"

"But you seemed to like it back then when we danced to your song" Youngjae interrupted.

"Does that mean I want to join?" Suga said "does that mean I want to dance too?"

"If you like something and you're given the chance to be part of it why would you reject?" Youngjae walked towards Suga.

"Look Youngjae-ah we're only classmates so you basically know nothing about my perspectives so don't act cool" Suga started to get annoyed.

"Hyung just give it a shot" Jimin begged "you can drop out afterwards if you don't like it".

"Hyung please" Jungkook held Suga's hand.

"Oh come on, the Suga I know is braver than this" Yugyeom tried to cheer him up "I know it's not your thing but you're a guy with his own color... Don't let this talent go to the trash"

Yoongi couldn't add a word because Yugyeom was right. Yoongi indeed has a talent that shouldn't be wasted but he's still not very good at making bonds and having teammates which is why he has always rejected the idea of joining the club.

"I have one condition" Yoongi said after a long moment of silence "if you win the competition I'll join but if you lose, even with a good ranking, don't even think about bringing this up to me ever again"

"This is harsh but you got it" Yugyeom said.

"As if we'll accept other than first place" Kai added "we worked so hard for this"

"We'll see about this" Suga said turning to leave.