Our Pain

Kai entered the science lab and looked around to see if any of his friends has come. He saw Yoongi and Chaeyoung sitting together and they seemed to be on good terms after a long fight they went through. Kai walked towards and greeted them. It was obvious that Yoongi didn't want to talk to him since he ignored him but Kai wasn't sure why. No matter what it is, it hurt Kai.

"Hi Yoongi-ah" Kai repeated himself.

"Hi" Yoongi shrugged without looking at him.

"You were nicer to me when we weren't brothers'' Kai said.

"Are we now?" Yoongi got annoyed.

"You hurt my feelings Yoongi-ah"

"You're not the only one hurt so don't worry" Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"What exactly is your problem?" Kai raised his voice.

"Ahaaaa! So you're going to scold me now as my older brother" Yoongi stood up "I don't actually care about who you are to me so know your place ... You don't want to get on my bad side"

"I guess I just did" Kai felt disappointed.

"You don't know me yet .. Trust me" Yoongi gave a death glare.

"So it's dangerous for my sister to hang around someone like you" Kai grabbed Chaeyoung's hand "let's go Chaeyoung-ah"

"Freeze right there Chaeyoung-ah" Yoongi gritted his teeth as he pulled Chaeyoung roughly towards him "if you think your brotherese attitude can allow you to come in between me and my girlfriend then wake up you're messing with the wrong person"

"Can you both stop" Chaeyoung yelled "I'm sick of chewing this topic so stop it"

"I'm sorry Chaeyoung-ah" kai hugged his sister "he got on my nerves"

"You weren't considerate yourself" Chaeyoung blamed "you know how hard it is to receive such a news"

"Chaeyoung-ah ... I'm most aware of his feelings" Kai talked seriously "but I never treated any of you coldly ... Not even this brat"

"Yeah thank you for being good to me" Yoongi shouted "I already know I'm too bad to be your brother .... You don't have to remind me" Yoongi said as he left the classroom.

"Yah Yoongi-ah" Chaeyoung called "wait where are you going?"

"Look I'm trying my best to have room for him and he's treating like I'm the worst person on earth" 

"He's not Yoongi-ah" Chaeyoung tried to calm him down as she walked next to him "to be honest you were mean to him ... He was trying to get closer to you but you pushed him away"

"I'm not used to him being my brorher" Yoongi lowered his voice "I don't even know how it feels like to have a brother because I never had one"

"So you acknowledge him?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Of course I do ... I'm just confused right now and I need some time but he's making it hard for me"
______________________________________

Vernon placed his hands and forehead on the glass as he watched his mother from distance. He only prayed to see her again in a good health. Yoongi made him feel strong the last time he visited and Vernon was full of hope that, just like Mrs. Jin Kyung, his mother will wake up again and be healthy as never before.

"Vernon? Is that you?" A manly voice called for him.
Vernon was barely able to move and see who called him. He slowly turned his head as he laid his hand on the wall.

"Coach?" Vernon said with a lifeless voice then looked at Yewon who was standing besides Taemin.

"Is everything alright?" Taemin asked again.

"You can't ask that when I'm in the ICU" Vernon turned back.

"Who is that woman?" Yewon asked.

"My mother" Vernon nodded.

"What happened to her?" Yewon walked closer to see Vernon's mother.

"AIDS" Vernon dropped a tear "doctors said she's dying .. but this idea is unthinkable for me"

"Of course it is" Taemin smiled as he held Vernon's arms "only God knows when we die"

"I'm happy to hear that" Vernon forced himself to smile.

"Do you need me to stay here with you?" Taemin suggested.

"Don't bother coach, Chaeyoung and Yoongi will be here with me so soon so don't worry" Vernon smiled "but thank you very much, I appreciate it"

"Call me if you need anything" Taemin patted on his shoulder "I'll be around here"

"Will do" Vernon said "but why are you here coach?"

"We're visiting a friend" Taemin said.

"Coach?" Chaeyoung called for Yewon as soon as she arrived.

"Chaeyoung-ah" Yewon smiled "I'm happy to see you supporting your friend"

"Hi Yoongi-ah" Taemin smiled.

"Hi" Yoongi waved coldly.

"We'll leave you now" Taemin said "call me if you need anything"

Taemin and Yewon left to check on Suzy who was receiving therapy while Yoongi and Chaeyoung stayed with Vernon. The latter was very happy to have them with him because he has been feeling lonely recently.

"My mother prepared this for you" Yoongi handed Vernon a lunch box.

"Thank you so much, I appreciate it"

"The boys called me, they said they're coming to see you here" Yoongi said "you're supposed to have training right now but Taemin called them to cancel it"

"You should address to the team with 'we' Yoongi-ah, you're one of us now" Vernon smiled effortlessly.

"Look Yoongi-ah" Chaeyoung whispered to him secretly from Vernon "you stay with Vernon, I'll be right back"

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked.

"Yes" Chaeyoung nodded "I need to talk to Taemin for a minute. I'll be right back"

Chaeyoung left Yoongi with Vernon and flew to catch up with Taemin. She had something in mind that she needed to ask about but she was afraid of Yewon. Chaeyoung promised Taemin not to let anyone know that she's aware of Suzy's disease but she needed to ask him.

"Taemin-sshi" Chaeyoung called as soon as she walked closer to him.

"Are you okay Chaeyoung-ah?" Taemin asked.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Chaeyoung lowered her head.

"It's OK Chaeyoung-ah, you can talk" Yewon smiled "I know that you know about Suzy"

"Are you here to see her?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes"

"Is she okay?" Chaeyoung felt worried.

"No" Yewon said in a low tone "she had a crisis last night and she was carried to the hospital"

"But we had training yesterday and she seemed fine" Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah, SEEMED" Yewon said "but she was never fine"

"Don't worry Chaeyoung-ah, we'll take a good care of her" Taemin smiled.

"And Chaeyoung" Yewon said before leaving "don't feel sorry for her. She hates it"