Jimin and Kai: We are the same

Jimin left the training room and headed outside following Kai. The latter seemed to be extremely angry because Youngjae made a lot of mistakes. But what was confusing for the other members is that they didn't know that Kai is that kind of person. They never expected him to overreact because of some dance mistakes.
Jimin slowly approached Kai until he stood right behind him. Kai seemed too lost, his head was down and he seemed full of thoughts.

"Jongin hyung!" Jimin called with a low voice.

"What is it?" Kai shrugged in annoyance.

"How about we settle this now?" Jimin said as he sat on the ground besides him "it's like you said, the competition is tomorrow and we can't withdraw after all the hard work"

"It's already messed up, Youngjae left"

"We can bring him back" Jimin softly smiled "you can bring him back"

"There's no way I can do that"

"But you made him leave, you have to bring him back... Of course if you still care about the competition"

"I never told him to leave, he left willingly. I just told him to be careful"

"It was better if you just told him to leave" Vernon interrupted "not only you blamed him and made him feel little but you showed him that he means nothing to you when he's your best friend"

"I was raised to care only about myself" Kai raised his voice "actually why would I care about how he feels"

"I can help you whenever you feel like purchasing your dream" Hoseok interrupted being followed by the other boys "isn't that what you said to Chaeyoung when she gave up on her dream? I can't believe the same person who said that is humiliating his friends now"

"Jongin-ah" Yugyeom approached Kai "I don't know exactly what you're going through right now but you wronged Youngjae and have to apologise"

"Over my dead body" Kai objected.

"Then give it up" Yugyeom ordered angrily "a person who humiliates his fellows and thinks selfishly about himself is a person we don't need"

"Yugyeom-ah!" Baekhyun tried to stop Yugyeom "you can't do that now"

"I'm doing it with no regrets" Yugyeom clenched his fist "we're going to the competition without him"

Everyone stood speechlessly trying to make room for the situation. First Youngjae left and now Yugyeom is kicking out one of the main dancers a night before the local competition. Jimin wanted to do something, he kept going back and forth between Yugyeom and Kai but wasn't able to say a word. Kai himself couldn't say a word, it was too sudden and unexpected.
Seeing everyone going back to the practice room without Kai, Jimin saw the future of the group before his eyes... It's a mess, a total mess. He bent and held his head with his hands.

"What in the world is going on?" Jimin said.

"Jimin-ah" kai faked a smile "you should go with them I'll be leaving too"

"As Yugyeom said, I don't know what exactly you're going through. I myself am going through a lot but I never allowed any of these things to change me nor ruin my life but..."

"Jimin-ah! You won't understand"

"Why wouldn't I?" Jimin walked to Kai and held his arms "why wouldn't I understand... Look if you just let it out, everything will be fine"

"Did your parents throw you away? How come......"

"They did" Jimin said with a low voice "they did throw me away"

"But... Didn't that teach you to value only yourself!"

"No. If I value only myself then I'm selfish and if I'm selfish people will avoid me and if people avoid me then I'm miserable and that'll make the ones who threw me away say 'good thing we did' " Jimin explained "but I want to prove them wrong. I want them value me, I don't want to be the one who values himself"

For Kai that was a lot to take in one day. Not only did he lose his dream but he felt little hearing all of that from his junior. Both of them lived the same conditions but Jimin was able go over it when Kai failed. The latter couldn't add a word, he just removed Jimin's hands and walked away. Jimin was aware that no matter how much he talked he won't change Kai. Sorrowfully, Jimin went back to the practice room and resumed training.
______________________________________

"Jungkook-ah" Jimin called "what's wrong? Why didn't you wait for me?"

"I was full of thoughts... I  didn't pay attention" Jungkook replied.

"Full of thoughts? Thoughts about what?"

"About that" Jungkook pointed.

"Oh! Tzuyu" Jimin hit his head "how can she move on like that? And who is that guy with her?"

"Eunwoo" Jungkook  answered "Son Eunwoo, Chaeyoung's brother"

"What? My god what is she thinking?"

"She's so moving on" Jungkook lowered his head "anyway that's only the past... Have you seen Kai recently"

"Not even once ever since that day"

"Ugh! We could've won if only Youngjae and him were with us" Jungkook complained.

"But third place isn't bad. This is our first participation after all"

"He'll come back I'm sure" Jungkook said "something tells me that he'll come back"

"Even if he does... that'll take some time... He's having family issues just like me"

"Are you serious?" Jungkook sighed "what's wrong with parents these days"

"Why is our Mochi having family issues?" Chaeyoung interrupted their conversation.

"Chaeng-ah! You got away with Suga's story but that doesn't mean we'll tell you everything" Jungkook jokingly argued.

"Why not?" Jimin said as he smiled "why not when you guys are the only family I have now"

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked.

"My family has always looked down on me because unlike my older brother i don't want to join the business school and take over the company. And because my older brother became  what they wanted, I became the outcast. Then Suga's problem came in and made things even worse... They disowned me and I'm living on my own now"

"I'm so sorry to hear that Jimin ... But you know... Sometimes life is a bit too harsh but you've successfully came over all of this" Chaeyoung said  "ah right! Yugyeom told me that kai didn't participate in the competition because you all had a fight with him"

"He's having a similar situation as mine but he's not able to forget"

"What happened?" Jungkook asked.

"His parents split up when he was a kid and each one of them started a new life and family without him" Jimin said "especially his father, he totally disowned him"

"This is so inhuman! How can he disown his own child?" Chaeyoung said.

"Well it happened and Kai is being that way because of it" Jimin said.

"Should I try talking to him?" Chaeyoung suggested.

"I don't think it'll work .. We all tried but we failed.... Jimin almost begged him but he never listens"  Jungkook complained.

"But I won't die trying... I'll give it a shot" Chaeyoung said confidently.