My New Family II

Yoongi walked out of the store and went to the sitting area where Chaeyoung stood.

"Is it a bad timing?" Chaeyoung asked.

"No it's not" Yoongi pointed "have a seat"

Yoongi examined Chaeyoung's face for a moment. She looked pale and tired as if she hasn't slept for weeks. Looking at her swollen eyes, he was sure she was crying but he wasn't very sure why she cried.

"You cried?" Yoongi broke the silence.

"Mm" Chaeyoung didn't even look at him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Yoongi-ah! My brother was having a hard time and I was looking at him thinking he's a cool guy that nothing can upset him" Chaeyoung cried "but he was suffering because of me and my family"

"Eunwoo is having a hard time because of you?"

"I'm not talking about Eunwoo" Chaeyoung took a moment to dry her tears " I'm talking about Jongin ... I'm talking about Kai"

Yoongi laid back as he heard Chaeyoung pronouncing Kai's name. He expected anything, but Chaeyoung knowing the truth, he never saw it coming. Yoongi wanted to console her and tell her that it has nothing to do with her but he was extremely overwhelmed.

"Kai huh?" Yoongi muttered.

"You don't look surprised?" Chaeyoung stopped crying and looked at Yoongi.

"I'm not surprised Kai is your brother, I'm surprised you knew"

"I don't understand" Chaeyoung frowned.

"Eunwoo talked to me about it a long time ago but I never expected them to tell you"

"Are you being serious" Chaeyoung yelled "you knew all this time but you never told me"

"Chaeyoung-ah this isn't something for me to decide, it's your family's issue. I'm not allowed to meddle in... I just kept the secret"

"Are you dumb? I'm part of that family you're talking about" Chaeyoung yelled even more "are you being a moron!"

"Chaeng-ah! Don't overreact I promised your brother not to tell anyone"

"What? Anyone?" Chaeyoung gritted her teeth "I'm their sister and your own girlfriend... I'm not 'anyone' to any of you"

"Chaeyoung-ah ... This isn't ----" Yoongi wanted to explain that it wasn't up to him to decide whether to tell her or not, but Chaeyoung got too emotional that she couldn't take it anymore. He wanted to cool things down when he saw her collapsing and was about to fall on the ground.

"Chaeyoung-aaaaah" Yoongi called as he held her from falling on the ground.

Mr. Sangkyung and Mrs. Jin Kyung heard their son's voice asking for help. When they ran to him to see what was going on, Yoongi has already came to them holding Chaeyoung in his arms and told them about what happened. Mr. Sangkyung asked Yoongi to take her to their house so her parents won't worry.
______________________________________

Yugyeom stood before Chaeyoung's door and knocked. After hearing from Kai, he wanted to check on her and make sure she's being well.

"Ah! Yugyeom-ah" Mrs. Jiwoo, Chaeyoung's mother, opened.

"Good morning Mrs. Jiwoo" Yugyeom greeted as he bowed "is Chaeyoung here? I'm here to see her"

"I think she went to see her boyfriend... She took a day off she's not feeling well" Mrs. Jiwoo explained "come in she said she won't be late"

Yugyeom followed Mrs. Jiwoo inside. They both sat in the living room waiting for Chaeyoung to come back.

"How is Chaeng at school?" Mrs. Jiwoo asked.

"You know her, class and cheer dance, this is all she has to think about" Yugyeom said.

"Of course, she's been over the moon ever since they won the local championship" Mrs. Jiwoo smiled "I hope you win too next time"

"I hope so too" Yugyeom smiled back then grabbed his phone to call Chaeyoung. He wanted to check on her. Because unlike what her mother said, Chaeyoung took too long and Yugyeom couldn't wait any longer.

"Chaeyoung-ah" Yugyeom called for her.

"It's Yoongi" Yoongi picked Chaeyoung's phone "she can't talk right now"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"It's complicated" Yoongi said.

"Where are you? I'm coming" Yugyeom said as he stood up.

"Yugyeom-ah, what's wrong? Is Chaeng alright?" Mrs. Jiwoo asked.

"Ye.... Yes... She said the boys need to see me right now" Yugyeom lied "I'll be going"

Yugyeom got confused and nervous by Yoongi's words that he concealed from Mrs. Jiwoo. After hearing that Chaeyoung passed out, Yugyeom rushed to Yoongi's place to see her. He was running in the streets like a thief who had stolen a woman's bag and ran away. He only wanted to reach Chaeyoung as soon as possible. Just at the moment that he arrived, Yugyeom was welcomed by Mrs. Jin Kyung who accompanied him to Yoongi's room where Chaeyoung was sleeping.

"What happened?" Yugyeom asked Yoongi.

"She told me about Kai and she was too depressed" Yoongi explained.

"Yoongi-ah" Mrs. Jin Kyung called "aren't you telling me who is Kai?"

"Her half brother" Yoongi took a moment of silence "and our classmate... She didn't know they are siblings until yesterday"

Mrs. Jin Kyung dropped a tear when she heard what her son said. She felt unwell and was about to lose control over herself. She remembered the reason that made her go through that mental breakdown. It's a similar story. She went into a coma after telling Yoongi that she had a son with her ex-husband. Mrs. Jin Kyung immediately left the room trying to hide her tears. She stood behind the door hearing Yugyeom and Yoongi's conversation.

"It's my fault" Yoongi confessed.

"How come?" Yugyeom asked.

"I knew about it a long time ago but I never told her" Yoongi explained.