The Strongest Woman

Only three weeks separated the boys from the national competition but they weren't well prepared. Even though they finished their choreography but they were still lacking preparation and it's Vernon's absence that caused that. Due to him being by his mother's side, the team sometimes had to cancel the practice and be on his side at such a hard time.
Hoseok, Yugyeom, Youngjae and Kai headed to the hospital after Taemin called and told them that they won't be training because Vernon has to stay with his sick mother at the hospital. They didn't know that she was transferred to the hospital, they didn't even know that she was in a bad condition.
Vernon never blamed them for not showing up, he was just happy to have them around.

"We're the worst friends ever" Hoseok said to Vernon "we never asked about your mother"

"Don't say that" Vernon smiled "I know you won't leave me alone when you hear about it"

"You should've told us Vernon" Youngjae said.

"You didn't have to worry guys. Chaeyoung and Yoongi were with me all the time" Vernon pointed to Chaeyoung and Yoongi "I didn't want to disturb -----"

Vernon wanted to tell his friends that he never wanted to disturb them but got disturbed. Vernon saw two nurses running to his mother's room and they seemed concerned. The nurses closed the door and immediately started fixing the mother's pulse. They tried many times but they couldn't make it so they had to call the doctor who came running.
The curtains were pulled down and nothing was seen to Vernon. They were doing something to his mother but he couldn't see anything which made him anguish even more.

"What are they doing to her?" Vernon panicked "what's happening?"

"Just calm down Vernon" Yugyeom held him "she's going to be okay"

"Why did they close the window?" Vernon started to slam the glass "open up! What's happening to my mother?"
Everyone was very sad and sorry for Vernon who almost lost his mind when he saw the doctor hurrying to his mother. No one was able to understand what was going on but everyone was predicting the worst. Everyone knows that the doctor intervenes only when it's serious. Everyone knows if the curtains are down, it means people can't see what's going on with the patient.
Kai walked closer to Vernon who fell on the ground and held him hoping he'll calm down but Vernon broke in tears as he thought of losing his precious mother.

"Don't panic" Kai patted on Vernon's shoulder "the doctor will come out of there and he'll tell you that she's fine"

"What if he doesn't?" Vernon stood up "what if he she gets worse, I'll die too" Vernon hit his head then walked to yoongi "Yoongi-ah! You said she'll wake up and be healthy, right?"

"Of ... Of course" Yoongi muttered.

Of course? Even Yoongi who used to give Vernon strength was hopeless. Even though he knew nothing but he felt bad. He felt that the poor woman isn't well. Yoongi wanted to help Vernon calm down but the doctor came out and faced everyone.

"What happened?" Vernon ran to the doctor "what happened to my mother?"

"She woke up" the doctor said "we were able to save her in the last second"

"See? I told you she's going to be well" Kai hugged Vernon.

"Can I see her?" Vernon asked the doctor.

"Of course" the doctor said then immediately left.

Watching Vernon, Yoongi remembered all the scenario of his mother's illness and how he used to feel the same as Vernon. Yoongi took in a deep breath then let out a sigh of relief.

"Chaeyoung-ah" Yoongi whispered to Chaeyoung who was standing besides him "she woke up"

"Yes, she did" Chaeyoung felt happy that she almost cried.

Vernon flew inside the room eager to see his precious mother. A couple of seconds ago, he thought she was dying but he couldn't believe he was going to talk to her again.

"Omma!" Vernon cried as he bent down to hug her "why did you leave me?"

"I'm sorry baby ... I'm so sorry" she said with a weak voice "I'm sorry for giving you a hard time"

"It doesn't matter now that you are with me again"

Vernon couldn't let go of his mother's hand by dint of missing her. He talked to her about only good things. He didn't want to make her feel any pressure so all he did was to smile.
Vernon spent a long time with his mother as his friends waited outside. Vernon walked out to them with a smile and faced them ready to talk.

"How is she?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Good. She's well" Vernon heaved o sign of relief "Yoongi-ah! She said she wants to see you"

"Me?" Yoongi pointed with his index. Like everyone else, Yoongi was surprised to know that Vernon's mother wants to see him. He couldn't think of the reason why she would want that. After all Vernon and Yoongi weren't that close.

"Yes you" Vernon smiled.

"Why?" Yoongi asked.

"I don't know, just go in and see yourself"

Yoongi did as Vernon told him to. He walked inside the room and bowed to the sick woman as he walked closer to her.

"You wanted to see me?" Yoongi said with a low voice.

"Come closer" she requested lifting her hand.

"Uh-huh" Yoongi nodded as he held her hand and sat besides her.

"Thank you for believing my son" she tried to smile.

"Why wouldn't I?" Yoongi smiled back "I wronged him after all"

"Not everyone acknowledges their mistakes ... Only good people do" she caressed Yoongi's hand "your mother raised you well"

"Thank you" Yoongi smiled at her.

"Do you have your phone with you?"she asked.

"Yes, do you need it?"

"Take it out" she said "I need you to record what I'm going to say".