Fake Goodbye

Chaeyoung felt angry hearing Suzy's name. She is going through all of this because of her. She's letting go of her dream because of her. No matter what Suzy wanted to say, Chaeyoung didn't want to hear it.

"why does she want to see me" Chaeyoung asked "is she feeling some kind of guilt? Because if she is, I'm not actually ready to care"

"I think you'll have to listen to her yourself, I don't actually know what is this about" Taemin explained.

"She can just give me a call, I don't want to see her face" Chaeyoung turned to leave. She was really angry because Suzy is the reason why she had to choose between her dream and her personal life. That's why no matter how many times Taemin said that it's important, Chaeyoung didn't care. She started walking away until she was stopped by Suga.

"Are you sure, Chaeyoung-ah?" Suga said "the man looks serious"

"Am I a toy?" Chaeyoung stopped and argued "she wanted me to leave and when the team went downhill, she called me back"

"We're not sure yet if this is why she wants to see you" Suga said.

"Chaeyoung-sshi" taemin called again "it won't be the end of the world, just listen to what she has to say and if it's inconvenient to you, you can just ignore it"

"Come on Chaeyoung-ah, just go see her" Suga begged.

"You have to come with me " she insisted.

"Okay I'll come with you" Yoongi said then turned to Taemin "take us to her"

Taemin drove to where Suzy is but Yoongi and Chaeyoung never asked about her whereabouts. They thought it's none other than her place. But they were wrong. Chaeyoung thought that it was taking too long so she started to worry.

"Yoongi-ah! Isn't it too far?" Chaeyoung asked Yoongi who was sitting next to her on the back seat.

"Don't worry Chaeyoung-sshi, we're there" Taemin said when they reached the place.

"But why the hospital?" Suga asked.

"Because she's there" Taemin said as he looked at Chaeyoung.

"What happened to her?" Chaeyoung asked.

"She kind of overworked herself... Most of teachers face that" Taemin explained as they left the car "she's someone who puts her all on work "

"Tell me about it" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes "I'm not even a teacher and she makes me overworked"

"Let's go in, this is her room" Taemin chuckled as he opened the door "Suzy-ah! I got the girl you wanted"

"Chaeyoung-ah" Suzy called without being able to lift her head.

"What is it?" Chaeyoung said with a low voice leaving Yoongi at the door.

"Come closer" Suzy said trying to move her hand "I called you for a reason"

"I'm aware ... And it better be a good reason" Chaeyoung stared at her.

"You have to go to the regionals" Suzy said with a sick voice "the team wants you"

"I've just met them and I'm aware that they want me but I'm over cheer dancing now" Chaeyoung said.

"You love your boyfriend to this point? You love him that you're ready to let go of your dream for him" Suzy said.

"I don't think I'm obliged to answer your questions about my personal life" Chaeyoung raised her voice "and like you said before rule breakers leave ... I broke a rule and I assume all responsibilities"

"But you created the club" Suzy tried to stop her.

"And I'm the one to leave it first, why? Because a cheer dancer is never and will never be a slave ... I cheer for people to make them happy while I'm the only one who is broke? Have you lost it!" Chaeyoung argued as she went to Yoongi and whispered "let's go"

"Wait Chaeyoung-sshi, I'll drive you home" Taemin ran after them.

"Thankie we'll take a cab" Chaeyoung flinched at him and left.
Yoongi who was surprised by Chaeyoung's behaviour, stopped walking and watched her as she was about to ride the elevator.

"Are you really leaving?" Yoongi asked.

"What do you want me to do? Spend the night with her?" Chaeyoung argued.

"I never knew you have this side in you" Yoongi said.

"You think I'm rude, huh? Because I didn't knuckle under to her orders, you think I'm rude?" Chaeyoung yelled "am I a toy?"

"I never said you're like that but she asked to meet you in that state because she wants you to do what you love to do" Yoongi explained himself.

"You think she cares about what I want? You're too naive aren't you! Just like any other coach, she wants to dominate the championship that's that"

"So there's no other way that makes you change your mind?" Yoongi wondered.

"There is" Chaeyoung nodded.

"I'm listening"

"Breaking up with me" Chaeyoung said angrily "if you want me to care about cheer dancing more than you then break up is the only way but I didn't choose that"

"Okay, listen to me let's say that you won't participate in the Championship and we'll graduate from high school, we'll go to university then we'll graduate from university after that everyone of us will have a job ... If you ask yourself after all these years 'what have I done as a teen? What was my dream?' ... What's going to be your answer? What are you going to say to yourself Chaeyoung-ah?" Yoongi said.

"You really want to know my answer?" Chaeyoung crossed her arms "I'll say that I lived well ... I didn't leave a my boyfriend for a championship"

"So that's it? I just have to act like your happy boyfriend and stop caring about this?" Yoongi grimaced.

"Nope, you still have another option" Chaeyoung walked towards the elevator and lifted the arm to press the button "you can still break up with me if that bothers you"

Chaeyoung got fed up talking about this topic. Every time she thinks it's over, something happens and makes it worse. Even she did that only for Yoongi, the latter isn't comfortable about it. Like he said, he didn't want to act like a happy boyfriend and watch her cry over her sole dream.
As the elevator closed its doors, Yoongi was still standing outside speechlessly. He watched Chaeyoung disappear inside the elevator but couldn't catch up with her. He took the stairs hoping to find her outside but she already left. Not only the fact that she left angrily made him feel guilty but also he felt like it's really goodbye between them. Yoongi lifelessly stopped a taxi and hopped in heading back home.