Step Mother

Sehun walked confidently towards the jail where his stepfather was put. As soon as he saw him, he put on a reassuring  face and smiled to him.

"How are you?" Sehun asked.

"You didn't come to mock me, did you?" Mr. Park said with a confident voice.

"I wish I could but.." Sehun heaved a sigh "but my mother is your wife so..."

"Then why did you come?" Mr. Park asked.

"She sent me to you. She found out about the fraud issue and she wants to deal with it herself" Sehun took a breath "don't ask how and why because I don't know but she's asking you to leave this to her. What do you say?"

"Why didn't she come herself?"

"Showing up in public amid her young friends after your news broke" Sehun grinned "that wouldn't be appreciated"

"What can she do?" Mr. Park asked curiously.

"She's somehow close to Mr. Choi who happens to be Mr. Wonyoung's wife so she's going to use her as a tool to get things done cleanly"

"Woah! I had a wise wife all this time but I never paid attention" Mr. Park looked astonished "tell her I'm counting on her"
______________________________________

Eunwoo closed the door behind him as they all entered the house. They all went back home after making sure that Mr. Wonyoung is pretty well. Eunwoo laid down on the couch when he heard the doorbell ringing. He immediately went to open the door to find an unexpected figure standing before him.

"Sehun-ah!" Eunwoo sighed.

"Sorry for coming at this hour but it's an emergency" Sehun said.

"Yeah, sure, come in" Eunwoo extended his hand for him to enter.

"I'm not alone" Sehun said looking at his left and asking his companion to appear "my mother is here too"

Eunwoo felt extremely confused seeing Sehun's mother before their door. He didn't know what to think of the situation that occurred in the worst timing ever.

"Ye... Yes" Eunwoo muttered "you can come in"

"I'm sorry we're bothering at such a late hour" Sehun's mother bowed as she walked in.

"No.. no problem" Eunwoo said then called his mother who went to her room "omma! We have a guest"

Mrs. Jiwoo quickly came out of her room feeling surprised by the sudden arrival of who she thought was a guest.

"Somin-ah?" Mrs. Jiwoo sighed.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?" Mrs. Somin said "I'm sorry for coming this late but it's an emergency"

"Is everything okay?" Mrs. Jiwoo said "how can I help you?"

"Actually I'm the one who's going to help" Mrs. Somin said "it's about your husband"

"Oh! My husband is fine. He's recovering"

"Omma!" Eunwoo said " she's Mr. Park's wife"

"Oh my god" Mrs. Jiwoo covered her mouth "how can you marry such a person?"

"Let's not have any misunderstanding here" Mrs. Somin said " there's worse than me just me being his wife. My husband is planning to frame your husband with fraud"

"What? Isn't enough that he's in jail?"

"His men are all over the town. He may be behind bars but he can still give orders" Mrs. Somin said "let's get straight into it. I convinced him that I'm taking his side and that I'll be doing the dirty job for him and he trusted me"

"So what's going to happen?" Mrs. Jiwoo asked.

"Your part is simple. All you have to do is to visit him in jail tomorrow, pretend that your husband has been already framed and beg him for mercy" Mrs. Somin explained "but you have to secretly record your conversation with him"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because meanwhile I'll be collecting all the documents he's going to use against your husband and get rid of them" Mrs. Somin smiled " Sehun has already visited him and recorded a very important conversation"

"Why are you helping us? He's your husband" Eunwoo asked.

"But my husband turned out to be a criminal" Mrs. Somin said "no one does this to me and gets away with it"
______________________________________

Yugyeom walked out of the house and headed to school. He met Chaeyoung halfway and she seemed more lively than lately.

"Finally, we have our Chaeyoung back" Yugyeom said.

"Kai and dad are fine. That man is in jail" Chaeyoung raised her shoulders "I have nothing to worry about"

"You're going back to your club?" Yugyeom asked as they reached the school's gate.

"Not today, I don't feel prepared to meet the girls" Chaeyoung felt pressured.

"You know I hate people who break their promises" someone interrupted their conversation.

"Coach!" Chaeyoung said with a big smile.

"Your word is worthless Pres." Suzy said "we made a deal but you're letting me down"

"I'm not letting you down. I just-----"

"You just don't happen to be the annoying stubborn garrulous pain of president anymore" Suzy interrupted Chaeyoung "I trusted you to bring that championship home because you're a pain in the butt and I'm sure you can do it ... But look at you letting everyone down"

"Coach!" Chaeyoung pouted "I never meant to let anyone down I'm only---"

"You only have until today's practice to show up otherwise we'll carry on training without you" Suzy interrupted Chaeyoung again.

"I understand, I'll chew it over" Chaeyoung smiled watching Suzy go.