I Will Always Love You

Everyone waited nervously outside as Yoongi took a long time talking to Vernon's mother. They were clueless about why would she want to see him when she doesn't even know him.  No matter how much they thought about it, no one was able to make sense, even Vernon himself.
Amid this confusion, Yoongi opened the door and walked out slowly as if hesitating to see his friends. He walked reluctantly lowering his head but had to fake a smile when he heard Vernon talking to him.

"Is everything okay?" Vernon asked.

"Nothing much" Yoongi pretended "she just wanted to see me"

"Can we see her now?" Kai asked.

"Of course" Vernon smiled.

The boys went in to greet Vernon's mother but Yoongi didn't want to. He was confused about something that he grabbed Kai and Chaeyoung's attention.

"What happened in there?" Chaeyoung said to yoongi who tried to avoid her question "I know there's something wrong"

"Guys, this isn't the right place" Kai whispered "you can talk about it later"

Even Kai was sure, There was something wrong. Out of all people why did Vernon's mother choose Yoongi to talk to. No one wanted to make a big deal because they needed to cheer for the sick woman and Vernon. Youngjae, Hoseok, Kai, Yugyeom, Chaeyoung, Yoongi and Vernon, all sat around her bed and wished her a speedy recovery. She was weak, too weak to even respond to them but she smiled from time to time. She didn't want them to feel how much she was suffering. She just acted like a real mother; she bore the pain. She bore the pain until it was time to speak.

"Kids!" She called with a weak broken voice "I know you won't let me down if I ask you a favour"

"Of course" Hoseok nodded.

"Can you be a good family to my son?" She dropped a tear "he only has you now"

"Mom, why are you saying this now?"  Vernon complained.

"Vernon, I'm sorry baby" she stopped to take a breath "I don't think I can take care of you anymore"

"Who said you should take care of me" Vernon cried along "I'll be taking care of you, Mom"

"Vernon, she's just talking" Yoongi pulled him to have a seat "let her be"

Yoongi knew. Yoongi knew something but he's keeping it for himself. All the time, he was checking the ECG as if expecting her heartbeats to stop at any moment. He knew something. Even Chaeyoung noticed but it wasn't the right place to ask any questions. They just needed to make Vernon and his mother feel better.

"Kids" she called once again "thank you so much for being nice to my son"
She smiled softly "please take a good care of him, you're all his family now" she smiled even more as she held her son's hand "No matter what, I will always love you"

She was certain that they're going to take a good care of him. She was certain that her son will live well with such great people. She was certain that she left him in good hands. Left him....
The pale woman resisted until she was only able to close her eyes. She bore the pain until she was only able to give up and go to a safer place. Nothing was heard after her words. Nothing besides the ECG's beeping. There was only beeping that signified lifelessness. There was no pulse.

"Om .... Omma?" Vernon muttered "why aren't you saying anything? Omma? .... I need to call the doctor"

The doctor came to say what was known beforehand. He knew it. He knew it was farewell for the poor woman. She only asked him not to let her son know so she can see him with his usual smile. She knew she was dying but she still kept that sweet smile on her face. She did it for Vernon.
For a moment, Vernon thought that everything had gone and his mother would be healthy. But he was shot in the heart. He didn't know that he was saying goodbye to her. He didn't know that it was his last time he was going to see her.

"Vernon-sshi" the doctor said with a low voice "I'm sorry for your loss"

Not only Vernon but everyone stood up, mouth opened, and looked at the doctor who stood as a statue and lowered his head.

"What do you mean 'my loss'?" Vernon held the doctor as he kept trembling him "my mother is sleeping there, you have to do something about it"

"Vernon!" Yoongi whispered as he held Vernon's shoulder softly asking him to stop.

"Yoongi-ah" Vernon interrupted him "you told she'll wake up as healthy as never before .... Why isn't she moving now!"

"I'm sorry" Yoongi whispered.

"Mom!" Vernon went to her as he held her cheeks "I know you're listening to me ... Why don't you answer" he sobbed. "Ommaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Vernon screamed and cried until he couldn't take it anymore. He sobbed until he realised crying wouldn't bring his mother back. That was even harder for him. Understanding that he can't take back what was taken from him was even harder. Vernon fell on the ground powerlessly to be caught by Youngjae and Hoseok, who themselves were crying bitterly.
What could be more tragic than losing his mother; his life. They say men shouldn't cry, but who could hold his tears watching that heartbreaking goodbye. Yugyeom cried, Hoseok cried, Youngjae almost lost his sight by dint of crying, Kai too, and Yoongi .... Yoongi shed tears that he never thought he'll be able to let out. He looked at his tearful girlfriend who bent down to console Vernon and it made him shed more tears.
It all happened in the blink of an eye. It happened and ended like it was unreal. At such a young age Vernon had to bear a lot. He lived without a father then he watched his mother falling sick and getting more sick every day and then he had to lay her to rest...........
A day passed since the tragic loss and Vernon was still unable to believe that he no longer has a mother. He unwillingly falls asleep to wake up a minute later hoping to find her sitting next to him. He slowly opened his eyes wishing that he would see her one more time but he was only able to see her coffin. He closed his eyes again wishing that that terrible sight would disappear but it was still there. It was still there and it would never go. Vernon wished to scream out loud and tell everyone that his mother didn't die but she did; his mother is no more. He opened his eyes again when he heard a familiar voice calling him and asking to collect himself for the worst moment of his life.

"Vernon" Yoongi whispered to him "come on we're taking her"

"Where?" Vernon said with a soulless face.

"Vernon!" Yoongi tilted his head "come on"

Yoongi, Yugyeom and Kai along with Hoseok, Youngjae and Eunwoo gathered around the coffin waiting for Vernon to come with them to take the coffin to the Limousine which is going to take the deceased lady to her final shelter. The boys bitterly carried the coffin taking it to the car. they all stood in line and bowed as a final farewell to the strongest woman. The limousine started moving away and Vernon started lifting his hand as the car slowly disappeared. He wished to stop it and see his mother one last time. But she left, she left with the sweetest memories. Only pain remained after her departure, only tears remained.

"I couldn't even have a family to carry my mother's coffin" Vernon said with his broken voice.

"We carried her coffin, didn't we?" Kai said "we're your family"

"Take a look" Hoseok said "My parents, Yoongi's parents, Youngjae's parents, Chaeyoung's mother, Kai's mother" Hoseok pointed "They all came, and look at them. They're all crying, they're crying as if their own mother had died, why? Because they care. They care Vernon. We all do"

"Vernon!" Eunwoo called "Remember her words; No matter what she will always love you"

"We will always love you Vernon"