(27)- Gender Reveal Party

*Darius Point Of View*

"It is finally the day Zara and I get to see what we are having. Is it an alien? Is it a human? No one knows." "Exactly. Will it get Darius' alien like features or my human features!" "Hey!" "What? If the baby is an alien that's all you buddy." "So you're calling me buddy now?" "You're my love buddy. My forever buddy." "Okay. When you put it like that, it's okay."

Zara and I have been making a short film to capture the journey of the first ever baby Dobre! It's exciting to see if we are going to have a baby boy or a baby girl. Either way, I'm going to be happy.

"Zara, what do you want the baby to be?" "I'm happy either way but I want the baby to be a boy because if he has little sisters, I want to him to protect them." "So there will be more than one baby?" "Of course. Can't have the baby by himself." "Yeah! I think all kids should have siblings because it gets lonely." "Yeah! And we don't want that." "And I do need a little girl to dress up." "I don't want to hurt anyone over our little princess."  "We will see about that."

We looked at the camera instead of each other for the next bit.

"A few weeks ago, we all sat down to pick out names for the baby. But now we know for sure what we want to name our baby." "Yes! Mara came up with the beautiful name Elias for a boy. We wanted to stick with boys ending that they have." "Yeah, and then we came up with Maddison with two D's." "Yes! I absolutely adore it. But I think everyone is coming so let's go the pool house." "Yeah, let's go."

No, the reveal isn't in the pool house but being in the house makes me more and more anxious to go upstairs and sneak a peek. So, Niki and Gabi decorated the pool house.

I drove from the east wing to the pool house with the wheel in one hand and Zara's hand in the other. "You ready babe?" "Yeah! You?" "Yeah!" "Let's go."

I got out first and helped her out of the vehicle. A lot of our friends and family from all over cane for this joyous occasion.

"Why is everyone smiling?" "You have the cute baby glow," Colin says. "Thanks Colin." "Everyone, please, enjoy the food, music, and all the goodies put together by Niki and Gabi," I said to everyone.

"Yes, games will start soon and then we will get to the reveal," Niki says.

All of a sudden I got nervous. I'm going to be a dad. Like this makes it one step closer to being real. "You okay?" Cyrus walked over to me with a pat on the back. "Yeah! I'm excited and nervous." "Same bro! This is the first ever Dobre Grandchild mom and dad will have." "I know. I always thought you would be first. I guess God had other plans." "That's right. But this baby is going to be healthy and cute coz he or she is a Dobre." "You're right. You're right. We are some good looking boys." "Hey cocky number one and cocky number two, get over here," Mara pulls on us to join the crowd that I didn't even noticed vanished from around us.

"Alright! So we have a little game that people normally play at weddings but we are going to play the baby shower edition," Gabi says. "Yes! This is a gender reveal party but it is still equally as fun," Niki says. "So, we need Zara to sit on one side and Darius to sit on the other side," Cara added to the conversation. "You're in on this too," I asked taking a seat. "I constructed the whole thing. Just had Niki and Gabi put it all together while I was in Florida." "That's my sister everyone!"

Everyone laughed.

"Okay! So Darius, take off both of your shoes." I got on my Balenciagas on! Not trying to dirty them up. But I took them off for the sake of the game. "We took into consideration the belly," Gabi says handing Zara one of her shoes out of her closet and the other to me. She proceeded to take one of my shoes and hand it to Zara.