(42)- Happy Birthday Cyrus

*Cyrus Point Of View*

I woke up this morning feeling a bit wiser and happier than most days. It's my birthday! And I'm happy to see what is planned for today. Checking my phone, my notifications are being blown up, left and right, with tweets, comments on Instagram, musically, and more. It's a great day and I'm really excited.

"Good morning Cyrus," Zara walks in with a tray of food, two plates, and two cups of coffee. She walked out of the room again, only this time, returning with Elias and balloons. "Say hi, Uncle Cy! Happy birthday." "Hey bud." I reached my arms out to grab hold of my favorite nephew.

"He insisted on coming to our morning festivities." "I'm glad he did. Thank you for making me breakfast. It looks delicious." "Well, you're my best friend and it's your birthday. No need for thanks. But there is something I want to give you." "I told you not to buy me anything." "I didn't. But you have to get it later." "Why would you do that to me?" "So you can have something to look forward to." "I'm going to be anxious all day now." "Well, don't be to anxious. You are going out with your brothers for a bit before lunch." "What are we going to do?" "That's for them to figure out. Your lunch is with Mara." "What," I scream astonished. "Yeah! I convinced her since it's your birthday." "Is that my present? Cos that's perfect." "No! It's a lot better than that."

What can be better?

Zara and I ate breakfast and watched some tv before she left so I can get ready for my day with my brothers.

"What are we doing?" "We we're thinking about going to shop and then go get some food," Dari offered as he threw on his shirt. "Can't eat food with you! Going to lunch with Mara." They all stood still. "Like my wife, Mara?" "Yeah! That's the one!" "How," Lucas asked. "The power of persuasion." "So Zara," Marcus asked. I nodded as we all laughed. "Wow! That's a first. Should we get going?" "Yeah!"

First thing we did was stop to get some coffee.

"Where do you want to go first, Cy?" "I need some new shades." "Gucci it is." "We should stop by Versace too just for the hell of it," Marco suggested. "I can always agree to those words." "Hey, did Zara talk to you earlier?" "About?" "Okay! She didn't tell you." "Tell me what, Dari?" "She's really excited to tell you so I thought she would spill the beans before tonight." "What's tonight?" "When you get your gifts," Marcus wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You guys." "You can save the whole don't buy me anything bullshit for the people who will listen. It is our oldest brother's birthday. Of course we are going to get you something," Lucas elaborated. "I think being your brother is enough," I grabbed all of them and made it a group hug, "I love you guys." "We love you too!" "Now, let's go shop."

"Hello?" "Hi Cyrus." "Hey mom." "What are you doing?" "Out with the boys and then going to lunch." "Can you stop by the gym?" "Yeah. I'll just tell the boys we should stop by." "Okay, Cyu! I love you." "Love you too, mom!" Hanging up, I told the boys about our little detour. Of course, they have no problem.

My mom gave us a box and I was told not to open it until later.

"Cyrus." "Mara." "Happy birthday." "Thank you! And thank you for having lunch with me." "Well, it is your birthday." "That much is true." "It's the least I can do." "I appreciate it."  "So let's order and chat for a bit." "I'd like that."

It's nice to actually talk to my sister in law.  To have a decent meal and decent conversation about things other than being picked on. We sat there for hours just talking and laughing.

"This was really fun." "Shockingly." "We should do this more often." "I will consider it." "What's next?" "Well, you already had breakfast with Zara, went shopping with your brothers, been to the gym to see your parents, lunch with me. I think it's time for you to go home and chill." "I can do that." "Alright! See you back home." "Yeah see you."

I took a small detour to the park to just sit for a little bit. I know I have all this nature at my house but seeing other people with nature brings happiness to my eyes.

"Hey!" "Hi." "I know you." "You do?" "Yeah! You're one of the Dobre Brothers." "I am." "WOW! Do you mind speaking to my sister, she's a huge fan." "Sure." The guy dialed his sister's number and handed me the phone.

"Yes, Brandon." "Hi! I'm sorry. Your brother Brandon gave me his phone. Are you Alissa?" "Yes," she questions. "Hi! This is Cyrus Dobre calling." The phone went silent. "Oh! My! Gosh! Cyrus! Hi! Happy Birthday." I chuckled a bit, "Thanks!" "You're actually Cyrus Dobre!" "Yes, I am." "I must be dreaming." "You aren't. This is all real."

We talked for a bit about her day and school and anything I would say to motivate the Dobre Army to try their best.

"I would love to stay forever but I have to go." "I understand. Tell everyone I said hi." "I will." "Happy birthday again and thank you for calling." "Of course! And thank you."

Driving home seemed so much better.

"Where the hell were you?" "I stopped at the park." "Say something because you freaked us out," Zara grabbed me and pulled me in. "She was! We were chilling," Mara took off her apron. "Cyrus is a big boy! He can take care of himself," Marcus told Zara. "Shut up! I can be worried. Like the time I was worried when Lucas lost you and I was pregnant. Y'all don't know shit! I don't trust any of you with yourselves. I trust Elias more than I do you all." "Harsh," I said. "But true."

Plates were put in front of us with a cake and candles.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Cyrus! Happy birthday to you." I smiled and blew out the candles.

"Hey, Cy!" "Yeah?" "Dari and I want to give you the thing I was talking about earlier!" "You told him?" "No! I just said it would be the best thing that happens today." "Can I have it?"

They both sat down in front of me. "Wait." Zara walked downstairs and return with a sleeping Elias. "Hold him." I held the sleeping baby in my arms and smiled. "My oldest brother. We love you so much." "Yeah! And we appreciate all that you do especially for the baby." "So, we have something to ask you."

I sat there a bit confused. Zara grabbed my hand and placed it into hers, "Will You Be Elias' godfather?" "What?" "He loves you and you love him. It's only perfect." "Of course! I would love to!"

I'm a godfather to the coolest kid ever. This is honestly the best present their is. The hype was worth it all. Best birthday ever.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
Thank you guys for reading the story! Make sure to drop a comment and a vote!

QOTC: Who is ready for a throwback BTS because I forgot to write it in?