11

Percy was softly petting Sapphires silky feathers as he leaned his head against the window as they waited on the ride to Hogwarts. Harry across from him having dozed off, Kitty his snake out and curled around him.

Then there was Hermione reading a book while also petting crookshanks as Percy's come to know the name of her grumpy looking cat.

"Hey Hermione do you have another book on you?" He asked her looking at her where she sat beside Harry.

She looked up and looked at Percy's wondering and bored gaze. "Oh, yeah. Here." She said handing me a book with a small smile at me.

"Thanks." He told her softly, and opened it up to find it a Greek mythology book. "You like Greek mythology then?" He asked her seeing the words that were in Greek in the book come to him clearly, thanks to one side of his heritage.

"Yeah....my mom got me into it, well my real mom." She said as she flipped a page in her book, then went pack to petting her cat.

"Oh, so Maria, wasn't your real mom?" Percy asked her with wide eyes.

"Nope, but I treat her like one. I barely know my real mom, I only knew she was greek." She told me peeking over her book to look at him. "Was that black haired man, at the ice cream parlor, your father?" She asked still looking at Percy who was scanning the word of one of the pages in her book.

I blinked, getting the image of Snape instead of my actual father at the word father. "Well, yes and no. Like Maria he isn't my real father, but he hasn't exactly asked my mom to marry him yet either. But I think of him as one. Though I've never told him."

When she was about to speak again, Draco walked in looking annoyed and quickly shut the door behind him on a pug faced girl. "Please tell me I can stay in here with you guys." He said looking extremely irritated but was still polite towards Percy.

Percy smiled. "Yup. Of course." He said then looked to Hermione to see her reading her book again.

Draco sighed and slumped to his seat now beside Percy, His cat Cuddles appearing from the shadows before jumping on Draco's lap.

Then they all heard a croak and, the ones awake looked to see a road in the middle of the compartment. Percy put Sapphire down as he stood. Then scooped up the slimy amphibious creature.

Draco looked disgusted. Hermione curious.

"Percy put the rodent down." Draco said revolted at the toad.

Percy just rolled his eyes. "Im just going to bring it back to its owner Draco. It's just a toad anyways." He said as he went go the door.

"Be careful, the train can be bumpy while moving." Hermione said offhandedly as she went back to reading her book.

Percy nodded to her and left walking around asking if anyone's seen someone looking for a toad.

Percy then opened a compartment to see three boys one pointing a wand at a rat. Which he assumed was his. He raised a brow. "Spell check?" Percy asked.

"In a way yes." The red headed male said. The same one holding the rat and pointed wand.

"Hmm," Percy said with a smirk. "Anyway, have you seen anyone looking for a Toad?" He asked the lot, showing the toad in my hand to them, the other holding the door.

"Actually, a boy did come in here earlier asking about a toad, he went that way though." A brown haired freckled boy with an accent that sounded Scottish said as he pointed in the way Percy was going.

Percy smiled their way. "Thanks!" He yelled as he ran off in the direction he was told, not noticing the red one blush after he left.

Not like he would understand anyways.

Percy soon found himself in front of a compartment listening in on a conversation, more like bullying.

"Oh shut it Neville, we don't care about your stupid frog. Just let it die, I'm sure your parents will get you a new one." Said some snobby girl.

"Yes Neville, why do you like slimy things anyway?" Asked another male this time.

Before anything else could be said though Percy opened the door, grabbed the boy who had his things, and walked him towards his Compartment.

"Come on Neville." Percy said seething cause of the bullies.

"Um, how, I mean who?" The boy sounded confused as he followed Percy, not even knowing his name just yet.

"Percy Jackson." Percy said throwing the chubby boy a smile. "I have your Toad by the way, here." He said handing the slimy creature to the wide eyed boy.

"Trevor!" Neville exclaimed. "How'd you find him?" He asked, continuing his following back to the compartment behind Percy.

"He somehow got in my compartment." He answered. "Thought you'd might want him back."

Neville nodded then spoke realizing that Percy hadn't seen it with him ahead of him. "Thanks. I'm Neville Longbottom by the way, and also thanks for getting me out if that situation."

Percy sent a smile back at Neville. "Of course Neville. Here you can stay with me, my brother and friends." Percy told Neville as he opened the door to reveal Draco having fallen asleep, Harry still asleep and Hermione now looking up from her book to see the two of them.

"Hello." Hermione said giving a welcoming smile to the now nervous Neville.

"Hi." Neville said giving a small unnecessary wave.

Percy smiled and dragged him in and they went to talking for the rest of the ride.