66

The day of the Ball grew near, and Percy was freaking out. One he didn't have a date, as he was waiting for a certain someone to ask or himself to getter the guts to ask him himself. Two, his robes were ruined! He wasn't sure how it happened, but they were. So he sent his mom a letter, who was more then happy to get him one. Which was Three to his dilemma, his mom was really up for him to be all decked out. He, Neville and Harry had to bargain her down a notch so they didn't have bejeweled robes in their trunks. They think their mother was just in need of an actual girl to spoil and give makeup advice.

Then there was the whole mystery of who asked Hermione out to Yule, she blew up at Ron when he asked who would ever take her out, then went around and asked her, revealing she already had a date. Let's just say he has a bump on his head. He was then forced to apologize.

Draco, and Blaise were freaking out. Both didn't know how to ask and they were annoyed with Neville who was in a happy mood because he was able to ask and Hermione was in a good mood too, cause she had a date for it. Then there was Harry who was thinking his entire group was insane. The normal.

Percy and Ron, were obviously oblivious really. Just one was hoping his guess was right.l while the other wasn't sure what he wanted.

This officially starts our chapter off.

******

Ron was staring at his chest prices as they moved around doing whatever, currently not in a game. The chair across him empty, it just reminded him all the more of a dream he once had. More like nightmare. He picked up the King and looked into the strange emerald pieced eyes. He wondered...

His thoughts were interrupted when another person sat in front of him in their dorms, this person who was in his thoughts constantly since dance classes. Blaise Zabini, tall dark, and with beautiful light carmel eyes that seemed to stare into his soul. As if he knew everything about him. Which was probably most likely.

Blaise has casually sat down and was now staring at Ron with a somewhat heated look then moved a piece forward.

"You want to play?" Ron asked unsure how to take this quiet but stirring heat between them as he moved in his seat, placing his King back onto the board where all the pieces had assembled themselves ready for battle.

"If I win. You'll have to do something for me." Blaise said as he watched Ron get confused.

"Depends on what this something is mate." Ron responded and made his own move.

So with that, Blaise didn't say anything but focused on the game. The game was tense and everyone who came in and out of the rooms looked at them with raised brows or just plain amusement. Draco huffed to himself and then brightened and ran out causing confusion for some.

Ron chuckled amused as he made the winning move and Blaise dropped his head onto the table with a large groan, his chance....

"What was this something anyway Blaise?" Ron asked highly amused as the pieces then put themselves back together.

The boy looked up and at Ron, who was staring at him curiously, and Blaise was struck by how cute the boy was just then. "Uh..." for the first time he was speechless, was he really sure Ron would even consider it.

"Oh for goodness sake Zabini, spit it out!" Harry groaned as he gave a dark look over to the hesitant male.

"I was going to ask you to come to the Yule Ball with me." He said quickly, and it took a moment for him and Ron to realize what he said.

Ron's eyes were nearly bugging out of his head as his cheeks started to flush with color. "What? Wait...really? I mean..." he cursed his brain for stuttering in both mind and out.

The other boy smirked and chuckled. "Yes, would you go to the Yule Ball with me Ronald Weasley?" He asked as he stood, holding his hand out for the boy to take, his heart beating rapidly as his nerves started up as the seconds passed in silence.

The Weasley gulped and his thought ran wild as he tried to catch at least a strand of it, before he calmed looking at Blaise's eyes. "Yeah, Yeah..." He said quietly his face still red as he quickly put his hand in the other boys outstretched hand and looked away.

Blaise stood from the table and quickly pulled Ron into a hug and then lifted him up laughing as Ron shouted in surprise.

******

Percy looked out from the study and smiled at the sight before walking out with a couple books he had been reading from inside. The study was practically his and Draco's now that he thought about it, no one but Hermione came in there from time to time, mostly she was in the library that they had attached and seeing wading where they all slept. He headed that way.

"Hermione?" He called out as he flipped the book open to where he had found what they needed for the tournament. Which was said to be held somewhere in January.

When he got no response he looked up to find she wasn't in the library. That was strange. She was usually around here somewhere. His eyes looked around as he closed the book once more and frowned. "Hermione?!" He asked again, yet no response. He sighed and decided to head out of the dorm and into the chamber. There he found Draco. "What are you doing Draco?"

The boy shrugged as he had his arm over his eyes as he laid on the stone floor beside the water, tense for some reason as if Percy walked in on him in the middle of planning something. "Nothing much...have you found a date to the Ball yet?" He asked quietly. But it was loud in the quiet cavern.

Percy sat beside him, taking his shoes off and rolling up his pants so he could stick his feet into the water. "Hm, I might."

Draco went as still as a pebble. "What? Who?" He asked as he sat up and stared at his Percy.

The Demi-god glanced at him for a second and shrugged. "It was a promise I made really. If he didn't find a date in time for the ball, he asked me to go in that place. If I didn't have that person ask me to with him, or I asked him, then I wouldn't be going with him, but I'd still give him a dance later in the ball." He explained as he furrowed his brows, his nerves making his chest tight as he thought about asking...

"Who?" Draco said as he was suddenly staring angrily at Percy.

Percy frowned at this. He wasn't expecting him to get angry over what he said. He was expecting him to blubber and slip that he wanted to go to the dance with him. For some reason this made him angry. "Why should I tell you?" He asked defensively.

"Because I said so!" Draco replied rolling his eyes.

Now, this made him angrier, since when did he have to listen and answer to Draco? Since never! "Well, I don't have to tell you because you said so. Merlin Draco, your not my mom." Percy sassed as he stood not caring his feet were dry when they were supposed to be wet. Not caring that the water was being pulled and pushed by his emotions causing it to become unsettled. Not caring if Draco even noticed.

The blonde quickly followed Percy up and grabbed the boys hand, but was judo flipped and he groaned on the floor as Percy toppled on top of him with a cute angry and confused face. "But...I...." He started to try and say but the look in Percy's eyes stopped him. He looked, hurt for some reason, and maybe he was...Draco was just as oblivious as Percy was.

*****

I realized, that today is my birthday, today. So I'm only posting one as it's been busy, but I'll try to get the others out. But since this was finished pretty quickly. I decided to publish.

Sorry for the cliffhanger lol.

April 3rd, is my birthday. Just in case others read this later.

-Neko