62

The day came for the first trial soon after the weighing of the wands and Rita skeeter coming to interview them, and everyone was nervous as they stood together in a empty classroom. The champions were dressed ready to move around and the rest were in casual clothes for the event.

"I hate this..." Ron said as he stared at Harry being looked over by Percy.

"I think we all agree with you." Blaise replied to the ginger as he to watched Percy fret over a equally worried Harry.

The both of them had mended things between each other, and Harry actually wanted Percy to be extra grueling for him to get better. Harry was actually serious while training for once. And has been for awhile. Thou he still whined.

"Now, my fire attacks weren't as powerful as a dragons or any other persons, I'm not good with fire." Percy said as he looked at the place that held Harry's sword. "So, you better dodge and do your best out there okay? This isn't training, this is the real thing Harry."

Harry nodded and gulped. "I know...we've already gone through the attack plans for each dragon. We all know what to do. We just can't freeze up."

Fleur nodded tightly. "Arry, iz correct. All we canz do iz do ourz best." She said just as tightly.

Victor nodded with a him as Cedric looked at the floor with a small frown but nodded as well. Both boys not saying a thing.

"Oh I'm going to die from the suspense." Hermione said as she crossed her arms and let her head fall onto Draco's in front of her.

No one said anything after that and they all just, took a moment. Even though the golden group weren't exactly in it, one of them was and just being there to watch the fight without someone watching Harry's back was killing them. Especially Percy, as he just itches to kill Dumbledore for not being more thorough these past couple years to make sure the kids of the school stayed safe. He was sure he could do it pretty easily.

Miss Mcgonagal came in looking as stern as ever as she told them they needed to head out now. Percy quickly gave the group a hug telling them he expected them all to come out alive.

As the doors closed behind the champions, Harry looked back to see Percy looking devastated and he made a promise to himself, not to die during the trials.

*****

The group came out and into the stands that used to be the quidditch field and couldn't help but wince at the rocky terrain below. They found some seats in the front and sat, but Percy stood and held onto the railing as he watched in anticipation.

Severus pointed them out to Lily who came to watch and make sure her son lived. She quickly walked over to the group, pulling Percy into a hug before he could even comprehend that his mother was there. "I wonder about you and your brothers luck." She voices making Percy chuckle lightly.

"Eh comes with being born." He said shrugging making her shake her head.

"How'd the training go for him?" She asked as they moved around to get seated with the group.

"Percy was harsh, but Harry asked for it after he realized he needed it." Draco replied honestly to her as she looked over at him.

Lily sighed. "At least it should help him, right?"

Percy nodded. "If he doesn't use anything I taught him he's going to get it the next lesson." He laughed evilly as he thought of everything he could do to punish his brother.

"Yeah, Percy calm down the evil tendencies." Blaise said slightly freaked.

Luna giggled. "The mugworts are laughing at his thoughts, I'm sure it's nothing that'll hurt him."

It was Neville's turn to look slightly freaked. From what he heard from Luna, they weren't exactly mischievous. "Right," He started before turning to his mom. "When did you get here?" He asked her.

"Mm, a little under an hour ago." She responded and he nodded at her response.

Before more conversation could be said, the Trial began, announcing that they had to get the golden egg from a dragons nest. Cedric was first and he was looking a bit green but he stood with his wand ready, against the dragon that came out.

"He's going against the Swedish short snout. It should be perfectly fine for him. We did a lot of research in all dragons. I'm sure he'll be fine..." Hermione veered off as he used transfiguration and other tactics that they had all talked about, before finishing it quickly by grabbing the golden egg carefully from the nest.

Cedric was nearly halfway done when the dragon turned to him and breathed fire. And with a quick thought he put up a shield. He was saved from being burned and quickly left the field as the Dragon breathed fire at him once again.

"Oh Merlin..." Lily said as she held Severus' hand tightly.

Fleur was next, fighting against a common green welsh dragon. This one was more easier then the other that Cedric fought. She enchanted the Dragon to sleep easily and with haste she went up to the nest and grabbed the egg, and just as she was about to leave the Dragon snorted and caught her skirt on fire. She quickly extinguished it and ran out.

Hers was by far the easiest.

"At least she didn't get burned." Ron muttered as they all waited for Harry's turn.

The Victor came in with a stony expression as he faced his own dragon the Chinese fireball. He decided to put chains on the dragon and a muzzle immobilizing it as he took the golden egg and then left, taking the spells off as he slipped out.

The dragon was angry at that and spewed fire at the door before huffing.

"Better then having the dragon smash it's eggs while blind." Blaise noted appraising Victors job.

Then finally Harry's turn, he was the last, and up against the worst of them. The Hungarian Horntail. Harry at first hid before he said something and the Dragon paused and looked at him.

"Norbert?" Harry asked blinking up at the female dragon that stared down at him before sniffing and then cooed.

"Wait?! Norbert?! No way!" Percy yelled laughing in happiness causing the dragon to look at him and then to Harry before she huffed some smoke out.

Harry put his sword down and brought his hand up. "I'm not here to take any of your eggs, just the one that's an imposter!" He replied softly.

Norbert tilted her head before looking at her nest with a squint, before she saw the golden one and if she could raise a brow she would. She then looked back at Harry and then pushed him carefully towards her nest. Harry seeing her trust him carefully pulled the egg from the nest and turned to her with a bright smile before hugging her. She cooed gruffly again before pushing him back towards the door.

"Percy..." said boy froze his cheering as Harry walked out with full points. "You wouldn't mind telling me why your friends with a dragon would you?" His mother asked with a deceivingly sweet smile.

"Uuummmm, no?"

His answer was not what she wanted to hear.