79

Jostling himself out of a nightmare Percy looked around frantically as he fought an invisible foe before stopping as he realized he was awake. He wasn't...he was home, he wasn't there. He wasn't there.

Digging his palms into his tired eyes he curled up in fetal position while sitting, hugging his knees clods once he was done with his eyes. Now he just stared into the darkness. Not even his star charm was on to sooth him, but how would it be soothing when it held some memories he didn't want to acknowledge at the moment. Right now he wanted to forget who he was, what he was and why he was. He just...he needed something to occupy his mind then nightmares and memories.

He needed peace, but he wasn't exactly sure if he was ever going to get it.

Maybe, maybe...he didn't deserve it.

This thought made his chest hurt and he couldn't help it but he started to cry into his bedsheets. Wishing, wishing with all his heart, that golden orbs weren't behind his lids every time he closed them.

*****

Harry wasn't sure he liked the camp his brother went to at all. Not because he couldn't go, because he wasn't sure he'd ever want to go. Not with how every time his brothers came home looking worn. Like they've seen battle. He didn't like how Hermione became quieter every time she came back before she was back to spouting of random facts about a conversation they'd all have.

But this time. Neville was reserved, Hermione hasn't even muttered a word much less picked up a book. As she was staying here till classes started, which were days later after they arrived. And even if she didn't talk last summer, she's at least read a book, but she looked as if she was to stressed to do that.

Percy...he went straight to his room before I could even see him and based on how his mother looked as she looked off the way he left it wasn't good.

Nothing was ever good coming from that camp and he hated it.

He hated how it hurt his family.

He wished it didn't hurt the ones he cared for.

******

Percy sighed as he finished getting dressed thanking Daisy for bringing his trunk down for him.

He was petting Sapphire at the moment smiling softly as she cooed in his hand. She was getting ready to fly off for Hogwarts just as he was about to head off for the school himself, but by train.

"You need to be calm child. Things will be fine this year. You just have to enjoy as much as you can." Sapphire says softly as she nips at his hand to keep petting her.

Percy just sighed and smiled at her. "I'll try. Now, go on before you arrived after I do." He says and she huffs but flutters off the window seal and was flying away.

The youngest Jackson walked out of his room and skipped down some steps to hurry downstairs to be met with Harry who was about to come up and get him.

"Oh there you are. We're about to head off. Did you have breakfast?" Harry asked as he stayed at the bottom to wait for his brother.

Percy nodded as he took the last step. "Yup."

"Right." The emerald eyed one says before sighing mentally and walking off to the front room where his mother was patting Neville's sweater down even if he didn't need it, but it was more to comfort the boy as he has been quite just as much as the other two.

Hermione off on a couch staring off into their ceilings, a book closed on her lap as if she had thought about reading but was to into whatever she was thinking but her eyes finally moved from the paint chipped ceiling to Percy who stood there focusing on nothing in particular with a pensive face as well. Hermione finally groaned gaining all attention to her. "Can we all just enjoy this year please?" She asked as she looked specifically at Neville and Percy.

Neville had a moment to think before he smiled at Hermione. "I think that would be a good idea." He said quietly before looking to Percy who blinked at them both before sighing and then smiling slightly.

"Only for you Annie." He says.

And with that a book was thrown, and an injury was filed to a worn mother while the mood that had settled on them since coming home was lifted just for awhile.

*****

On the train was the normal meeting of everyone after a whole summer apart. Draco sticking to Percy's side like glue. Then the exchange of boring summer story's. Then off to rambling of whatever came up.

Luna and Neville stuck together as well. Holding hands and smiling, sometimes whispering things between each other. Especially as they hadn't had much talking between their summers, and Neville wished he could tell her, but he couldn't. Not yet.

Blaise, Ron and Hermione played exploding snap, of course the three of them seemed to be at odds, oddly enough. It wasn't quite yet seen who would be winning most their matches until one of them did. So far they were all equal.

Harry watched. Joining in on conversation here or there, but he watched as his brothers relaxed as did Hermione. He was glad, that they were. That they were slowly coming back from whatever happened and that they'd be okay now.

If only he knew what next year would entail.