57

When they arrived at Hogwarts they all got off and towards the carriages that were pulled by nothing, at least to 5 of them.

Percy, Hermione and Luna seemed to stare at them for moment, looked at each other before shrugging and continuing with themselves. And soon they arrived at the large castle, going in and to their tables, as it was expected of them on special feasts.

The first years were all put into their houses, Dumbledore made a speech and things were normal. There was also the moment the dark arts teacher was made known, by walking in just as the sky crackled outside, soaked and looking grumpy as he limped his way to the table, he was named Mad-eyed Moody. Dumbledore had announced him, he then made an announcement right before sending them to bed.

"I would like to make it known, that we have been given the honor of holding the triwizard cup tournament here on our own very grounds! Only those of age can enter, 7th years or those 17 can put their names in the goblet. Don't try to put your name in if you are indeed younger as I have made a spell to keep that from happening. Now, the other schools who will be participating will be here Halloween morning, and during the feast the champions will be made known! Now, off to bed all of you!" He grinned that Grandfatherly smile that made Percy frown and nearly glare at the man as it seemed so fake. So practiced.

During the weeks to Halloween, things were fairly normal, classes started the day after arriving, and the prefects were definitely busy as they helped the younger ones. Sometimes even the older ones. But they all continued their way of studying together. It helped keep their grades up as each of them were good in one thing of another.

But right now, on a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon. The group sat in the room the Goblet was held watching as 5th years and up tried to enter their slips of paper which held their names. Harry and Ron were laughing as yet another brave Griffin fell back and was groaning on the floor.

Percy was shaking his head at the antics of his fellow school mates as he talked with Hermione, and Draco about astrology. Luna chipping in here or there as she let Neville sleep on her shoulder, he had unknowingly fallen asleep there. While Blaise was keeping silent as he too tried to nap.

"Hey, isn't that Cedric Diggory?" Hermione asked when she glanced up, her question aimed at Ron.

Ron looked at the boy standing nervously in front of the age line. "Yeah, he turned 17 before the incident at the quid game." Ron replied as the group watched him look at his own price of paper.

Percy frowned. "If he's going to hesitate, he shouldn't be in the tournament." He said harshly, and Harry, Ron, Blaise and Draco looked at him with confusion as, Luna and Hermione nodded in agreement.

"What makes you say that?" A new voice asked and they all looked to find a fellow 4th year, she was a Ravenclaw and Hermione an Luna shared a room with this girl. Cho Chang.

Green blue eyes squinted at the very defensive girl and noticed that now everyone including the hesitant boy looking at him for the answer. "The Tri-Wizard tournament isn't just a game, do you all know the reason it hasn't happened in so long?" When he got no answer he sighed. "Because so many children died, that's why there is an age limit, and why there's only a few schools participating. It's a death run. You could be fighting some mythical animal the first round. Or having to pick a potion that isn't poison. If you hesitate with either of those, or not think out your problem before it attacks you, your dead. Do you understand now? What if your put into an unknown place out of nowhere, and a curse is headed your way, what do you do?"

"Dodge, put up a shield." Cedric replies and Percy nods. The boy looks at the paper before taking a deep breath and walking into the circle to confidently place his paper into the blue fire, which ate the paper in seconds.

The rest of the day, the school was quiet.

*****

A week later, and a week before Halloween they were in the room once more as they watched the Weasley twins trying to make up a plan to put their names into the Goblet, and no one knew why.

Percy sighed as he watched them planning their plan beside the age line. He then walked over Harry following. "Why do you guys want to be in the tournament again?"

"Because we didn't get the memo." Harry said right after as he leaned on his little brother with a raised brow.

The two looked at them with a stony face. "Didn't you year about the prize?"

"Glory and 1000 galleons!" Forge ended with a bright smile.

"Hmm..." Percy hummed as he and Harry looked at them in wonder as the two brought out something, drank it ate it then stepped forward in one long stretch. Without being thrown out.

"Aha! We did it!" Gred said as he raised his arm in sync with his brother.

Forge smiled as well. "That we did!"

But once their hands met they were blown out and they suddenly grew beards as white as know, their hair also turned white and long. Everyone in the room started laughing as the two stood and dusted themselves off before looking shocked at each other.

The rest of the day was spoken about the hilarious feat that the Weasley twins pulled off. Though their names was not put into the goblet.

Ron was quite proud of them though. It made the rest laugh and tease the boy some when he puffed up.

That night as everyone slept, no one noticed as a figure snuck into the room that housed the Goblet of Fire, stepping over the age line, then put in a slip of paper that was quickly taken before a name could be read.

That night, Hadrian James Jackson's name was put into the Goblet.