Halloween special!

So yes, I made a special, sorry it's so late. And sorry I haven't updated a lot or at all since the author note, I just have my job now and I sleep more then I should. I'm getting better don't worry, I've been trying to write but I seem to be stuck. Anyways I hope you all enjoy this!

Harry and Percy, before Hogwarts or camp. Lily decided they need to bond more by dressing up, carving pumpkins and just being with each other.

The day started off like any except that Lily was giggling as she cooked a small breakfast, she knew this was the day her husband died. But she knew he wouldn't want them to mourn him forever but to remember him.

She sighed as her smile dropped, today was a bad day, but at the same time it helped she had Percy through every other Halloween to make up for it.  

Speaking of Percy he came running in when he smelled cookies. "Mama! Haha you made cookies!" He said excitedly as he went to her side to look into their oven enough to see them almost done, and of course they were blue.

He sat there and watched them intently slight drool coming from his lips.

Lily giggles to herself as she finishes with the other treats that would go in it later. Just then Marley, Duddy and Daisy popped in with pumpkins in hand. Moving pumpkins.

Percy poked his head out from behind the counters of the kitchen to watch as they slowly put them down cautiously hearing growls that sounded muffled.

"Ah, thank you Marley, Duddy, and Daisy. Can one of you wake up Severus in his guest bedroom and wake up Harry?" She asked as she cast a charm onto her hands wandlessly and grabbed the hot dish out of the oven and then set it on the top. With another whisper under her breath, her hands spit off some glitter before disappearing.

Marley and Duddy disappears with a nod from both elves.

Percy frowned when he stood to look at his mom. "Pumpkins? Moving pumpkins?" He asked as he watched the wiggling pumpkins bumping into each other on the table, being careful around the edge.

Lily smirked. "Yup, we're going to carve them faces. Then they will watch over our doorstep until it's time for them to go be planted again."

"That's amazing..." Percy said as he looked it the table again as Harry walked in rubbing his eyes tiredly, as well as a always properly dressed Snape.

"Mum, why are we up so early?" Harry asked as he stood at the entry way.

"Mmm, well it's Halloween, and plus Harry it's nearly noon! We've still got to get the last touches for your costumes!" Lily spoke with a smile as Snape rose a brow before sitting down at the table and waited.

Frowning Harry looked to the table to his brother who was happily bouncing in his seat as he kicked his legs staring at the pumpkins. "Why do we need costumes?" He asked.

"Well we're going to go trick or treating at Diagon Alley, they're holding it there just for this year, sort of to celebrate what Halloween really means. To remember our ancestors and so forth." She explained frowning when her Harry just looked even more confused.

Severus hater the festivities, as he knows muggles dress up as witches, ones that look more like the gags in knockturn then anything the resembled Lily-he blushes slightly at the thought before sighing.

"It's great Harry! We get so much candy, and treats from total strangers. Which mine will make sure aren't going to hurt us. But we get so much your belly will hurt just looking at it, it'll be fun I promise Harry. I'll even show you how to perfect the puppy eyes!" Percy said as he hopped off the stool and pulled his brother to the pumpkins, going off about what his mother just told him.

Making Lily smile, she was so grateful for her son Percy at that moment. Harry needed this as well as probably Christmas and so forth, Merlin maybe even his own birthday would have to really be explained to him. It broke her heart.

She looked down at her hands as her eyes got watery, she couldn't do anything, for so long she had to watch. Or not even remember her Harry. Had to watch her Percy start to fear men, had to watch him get hurt at times. Schools. Her poor boys didn't deserve any of this and it just broke her on the inside. It broke her more when she wasn't there when Harry was growing up, it hurt her that he was never able to have the happy memories like his own birthdays. Oh how she hated her sister and her husband at this moment...oh why...why....

She nearly jumped when a large pair of pale hands grabbed her own and she looked up into the deep pools of her best friend that's been there for most her childhood. The one that was there for her now. He nodded at her and she smiled.

Everything was okay now.

That's all she knew.

****

Harry was dressed as a tiny dragon, tiny only because his mother would be a dragon as well, his face was painted and he was glad that he wasn't in a mascot like costume, he only had a tail and ears as well as a charm that made fire to pop out his mouth, just a tiny sprout enough that it would harm him or anyone.

His mother had the same with a twist as she was more human like and in a dress, while her arm was in the crook of their vampire escort. Yes, Snape was dressed in an even more dramatic flaring cape. His hair even more gelled back. And fake fangs that looked real because of a charm once again.

Now Percy was an Angel with gold fluttering wings that worked but he only fluttered a couple inches off the ground to scared to go to high for some reason that and Lily told him not to fly to high. His face was slightly done, his hair always a mess-but this time with a halo that hovered over his head causing that ethereal light that made him look like an actual angel.

"We all ready?" Snape asked as he waited for Percy to hover his way over to the large doors carrying a pumpkin himself. This one absolutely loved Percy, as soon as it had been given eyes to see.

"Yup!" Percy said as he giggled holding the large pumpkin, before setting it next to the others on their doorstep. Harry and his looked kinda dorky but they were cool, especially when they put in different colored lights inside their hollow friends who were happy to have eyes and a mouth plus nose.

"Alright! Let's go." Lily says as she shuts the doors with Harry going to Percy side a little unsure.

Percy smiled at his big brother. "Don't worry Harry, I'll teach you everything you need to know. Okay?"

Harry smiled at Percy and nodded, he was still quiet every once and awhile but it became better the longer he was with them. The longer he was away from the Dursley's. "Yeah." He mumbled.

They then appeared to Diagon alley where they oohed and awed at all the other costumes that people's had as they walked from store to store to get treats.

Harry was suddenly dragged away by an excited Percy who went to the first store and they both watched in amazement as the candy appeared in what seemed out of nowhere and they yelled the custom saying as they held their bags out charmed you weightless and expanded, which was good because the candy just seemed to keep pouring into the bag for a good few minutes.

This continued, they got more then they were expecting. More then any kid should have.

The boys even used their eyes at the same time causing their guardians behind them to sigh but accept that they were to good at it, especially since Percy taught Harry 'The' eyes.

By the end of the night all of them couldn't get rid of the smiles wide on their faces and the giggles they got when they laughed about something that happened previously.

To say, that Harry became more open, more happy then he's ever had been was an understatement.

Percy love that this year he was able to keep most if not all of his candy, as well as have someone to get the candy with. Plus he liked that Snape came too.

Though lily smiled softly as she looked up at the sky. Remembering James, remembering everyone she lost, thanking them, thanking him for giving her this.

And if the stars twinkled or the air shifted, then you could say it was just that, or you could say that it was something else entirely.