32

The day was like any other day, it started with waking up, meeting at the great hall doors and saying hello, before going in and eating if they could. Then going to class.

It was a bit lonely for Percy to not have Neville beside him, and it was the same for Luna, even if she was alone during most of first year, she's gotten used to having Hermione beside her.

Then there was free time were everyone went to the infirmary to visit their petrified friends. With that Harry found something interesting in Hermione's hand, it was a note that told of a basilisk that was causing the problems , making sense as Harry could here it and parseltongue was hard for Percy but he could understand snakes if he really listened.

"Okay, so with the chamber being opened, a basilisk was let out to wreck havoc on Hogwarts?" Blaise simplified as they stood in the library talking quietly.

"Basically, now the only thing we need to do is find the chamber." Percy entered as they looked at the books on the table opened to various pages that either talked about the basilisk or the Chamber and where it could be.

"Mertle?" Luna asked as she looked at everyone in turn.

"Mertle!!" The Jacksons yelled together.

With that they all went to the second bathroom to talk to Mertle, but they stopped as they found another blood written note but paused from going further as Dumbledore, Mcgonagal and Snape were talking.

"Are you sure she's missing?" Mcgonagal Asked worriedly as she had her arms wrapped around herself.

"I'm quite sure if she is no where to be found. We shouldn't tell the Weasley family immediately as it would cause havoc, let's just hope that young miss Weasley will be alright." With that the group backed away and back to find another way.

"My sister...they were talking about Ginny." Ron said nearly hysterically as classes were dismissed for the day.

Everyone frowned, the words etched into their memories.

Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever

That's what made them wait as they hoped the teachers would do something, anything but they didn't, so they decided at dinner they'd leave one by one and go by themselves.

Irritatingly enough, Blaise was caught by Pansy Parkinson, but escaped.

They all made it to the second bathroom on the second floor and walked in to see Mertle floating about.

"Mertle! Do you know where the chamber of secrets are?" Percy asked her as the rest watched impatiently.

"No..." she said sadly. "But I do know something. The day I died, I was in a stall crying because I had no friends here, but I heard something and I yelled telling them to go away as they made weird noises towards the sink, I walked out but then poof...I died." She said again, sadly, but even more so then last time.

Harry ran to the column of sinks and looked at them before spotting one that had snakes on it he grazed it with his hands before trying to make it work, but couldn't as no water came out and it only squeaked.

Everyone came up behind him and watched as he spoke in parseltongue, then in amazement as the sinks disappeared into the ground to show a large hole.

"Well? We found it." Draco said as he was at the edge slightly annoyed.

"Let's go!" Luna said and jumped.

"Wait, Luna don't just go jumping-" Blaise was cut off as Percy and then Draco went down with screams. "Idiots." He said before doing it as well.

Harry had to push Ron but otherwise they both jumped down as well.

"Well that's not disturbing." Percy said as he stood with the rest as he tried to rein in his stomach at the sight of all the bones of something and what he guessed was shedding of the large snake, he would never complain again when he found Kitty shedding in the garden ever again.

"No kidding." Blaise says drawing a disgusted face as he and Draco dusted themselves off, ignoring Ron throwing up over to the side.

"Let's go." Luna whisped, a little smile on her face and a hope to her step.

"Right." Harry said and followed helping Ron up, the rest following as well.

Then a wild Gildroy Lockhart appeared.

Everyone was extremely annoyed as they glared and pointed their own wands at the man who held Ron at wand point.

He went on and on about something as the group just didn't give a fudge, and he was talking to long giving Draco the moment to strike.

"Expelliarmus!!" He yelled and Gildroy's wand flew away, but he then had Rons and laughed.

"Now hold still." He said and then cast a spell only for it to backfire, as Ron's wand was broken. He was going to get a new one with the free Fixa wand coupon he got from Percy from Yule, but they just never got to it.

But he's glad now.

But the spell also caused the ground to shake before rocks fell and everyone fell away from them. Hurtling for safety.

Harry groaned as he sat up and looked around, dust was everywhere. He looked to the side and found Luna and Blaise, then to his other side to see Percy trying to stand up. He quickly helped him then the both of them went to the others helping them as well.

"Percy?!? Blaise?!?" Draco yelled.

"Luna! Harry?!" Ron yelled as well as coughed.

"We're fine, you guys get help, we're going to go save Ginny don't worry!" Harry yelled and the 4 ran off.

Ron and Draco sighed as they heard them run off. "You okay?" Malfoy asked with a poker face, though Ron smiled.

"I'm good, you?" He asked.

"Fine."

"Ugghhh..." they turned and nearly groaned as they watched Gildroy sit up, both pointing their wands. "My, I seem...to be lost? Wait where are we young sirs? No, wait, who am I?"

With that the boys groaned.