55

The two of them felt like they had been walking for hours, especially with how slow they were going. Percy's leg was still bleeding but he could keep going if he needed to.

But they stopped when they found a familiar boy in the path glasses skewed and bleeding from his scar.

"Harry!" Percy yelled out and nearly toppled him and Draco when he tried to run forward. But luckily Draco was just as adamant to getting to the boy as Percy was. "Set me down Draco, we should be fine, the fires are long behind us and seem to be dying out."

The Malfoy did so reluctantly but, he did. He set Percy on a burned tree and then went to Harry checking him over before dragging him over to Percy. "He seems fine, but I think something happened with the scar again. You know how he gets pain there sometimes? I think, with the Death Eater attack that it caused something to happen and he passed out."

Percy sighs in relief as he looked at his older brother with a frown. "At least it's just that. A potion from Sev will help with the side effects." Percy hissed when he tried to move a little and was given a glare by Draco who sat beside him. He only nervously chuckled at him before moving his hand to mess with his beaded necklace, playing with the diamond bead mostly.

Draco sighed before he wrapped an arm around Percy. "Sleep, you need it." He said. "I'll keep watch for anything, okay?"

Percy for a second was going to disagree and argue but then, a little voice inside him told him he could trust Draco with the task, as well as trust that he wouldn't be hurt behind his back if he wasn't watching him. So with a sigh, he let his head fall onto Draco's shoulder, closing his eyes to the world.

The boy looked at the mess of soot filled black hair and smiled a bit before flipping his wand out and twirling it as he waited. Waited for someone to find them, and he hoped they were the good guys.

*****

Severus searched everywhere, hiding from the other Death Eaters as he looked high and low for the two boys that were out in the mess of ash and cindering wood. He found Hermione and Ron, two kids, but not the ones he needed to find.

"Are you sure they aren't with the rest of the survivors?" He asked Hermione who lifted some material with a charm spell.

"Yes I'm pretty sure, I searched all around for you all. So I decided to come out here, Ron following because he was worried as well. Then we found you." She said her frown deepening. "I sure hope they're okay." She said quietly.

Severus didn't say a thing after that, only felt dread come to him as his thoughts turned for the worst.

"Over there!!" Ron yelled as he pointed to some silhouettes sitting down and another standing.

*

Harry groaned as he woke, his head pounding as he looked up at the Death mark, now dulled as the magic started to leave it.

"Nice to see your awake." Draco drawled with a frown.

The green eyed boy stared in shock before he glared at the boy. "What the hell?!? What were you guys doing out of bed anyway by the way?! Your mother was crying!" He yelled at Draco but winced again as he sat up, bringing a hand up to his scar. "Dangit..."

"We didn't know Death Eaters were going to attack. We didn't mean to stay out either, but neither of us could sleep." Draco pursed his lips in a near pout as he looked away but didn't move as Percy was still sleep on his shoulder, looking a bit pale, more so then before. But he was still breathing, and his leg had stopped bleeding.

Harry frowned as he looked at his brother and then to his leg to see the silk blue robe that was left for him by Daisy had been ripped to bandage the wound. "What happened?" He asked being careful not to wake his brother as he seemed to need it.