89

Percy was gone. So was Nico, Neville and Hermione. All three having left in the middle of the night without anyone noticing. Mostly because Percy was in the Hufflepuff dorms along with his brother and cousin. Hermione was the one who used her ball cap to slip away from everyone that night.

They had to go as news reached them of the beginning of what they feared was a war.

It couldn't be helped, a prophecy is a prophecy.

They walked into camp seconds after using Percy charm necklace as Nico couldn't exactly travel that many people just yet.

Once they did, things started to go faster then they had hoped.

*****

When the silver haired boy walked in, it was late and he was given detention for being out. He couldn't think. His mind still replaying what had happened.

Did he push to hard? No, he didn't. At least he thinks he didn't. Sure he's asked plenty of times but he backed off when he needed to. He just wanted to know. He needed to know. Feeling useless wasn't his best feeling.

When he got into his room, did the numbness leave nearly instantaneously. There he felt his heart, the pain, it felt like something was torn straight out of him. He hated it. But what could he do? He was obviously not what Percy wants... those thoughts slowly dragged their way into his head and he nearly screamed if it wasn't for the choked sob that made him fall into his bed, and stay there until morning.

He was staring at nothing when a knock came at his door. "Draco, it's me Harry." He heard but he didn't respond. "Draco? I was wondering if Percy was in there with you."

He still didn't say anything, and when he didn't get an answer Harry left it at that, thinking the boy was just sleeping still. Hopefully his brother was in there with him, even if that was a weird thought to him and said thought made him wince as he walked away with a sigh.

Ron was up and helping Luna wake everyone up, Blaise was already up and waiting for everyone else. But thing is. Neville, Nico and Hermione weren't in their beds.

They got worried and asked Snape only to learn that they went to their camp.

When they had nearly 2 or less weeks left of the year? They couldn't have waited?

Snape himself was irritated about it. But what could he do? Lily was admit about it and told him it was necessary. That they had to be there. That they had to leave to their camp all the way in America. If he had a choice. He wouldn't let them. He sees how it takes it's toll on Percy and Neville. Hermione as well. He's seen it since Percy first went. He's seen how he's grown up to fast. He hates he couldn't do anything to stop them from going to a camp that's just utterly ruining them.

It was near dinner time that Draco finally emerged looking drained as he looking at the others who also looked upset but not as much as the freshly broken boy.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he came out and sat in a chair.

Luna looked at him looking like she might cry. "Your right, it is ridiculous that they're hiding what they're hiding from us. Especially if it means that they leave before the year even finishes." She said softly looking back at the ground.

"Why? What happened?" He asked as he looked at the dazed Harry.

Harry sighed. "They had to go to camp. An emergency of some kind. I don't really know and I'm done caring. Let them do what they want. It's obvious they won't tell. So we should stop asking."

Draco grinned his teeth together before looking away. Did Percy really leave?

Good riddance...he thought before he walked off.

*****

Looking at his cabin he sighed as he felt at home. Camp was another home for him, even if it took its toll on him. There's a reason he was fighting for it, there's a reason why he wanted to protect it. Because of family, because of all the friends he has here. He just hates how it feels like he has to pick. Even if really it's already been decided that he'd have to pick the first one. He hated that.

He hated how useless he felt.

Finally he broke down crying on his bed, he couldn't help it. He had needed Draco now more then ever, even if he didn't know about his other life. He needed to know he'd be there when he got back. Because he knew he was about to lose something, Someone in this war and he wasn't sure if he could take it.

But the reason he broke it off, was because he knew his father was right.

He can never be part of your world, not now.

He really did wish he was only wizard and was never demigod sometimes. But...then he'd have never met anyone.

He'd have never met Luke.