31

During the weeks of researching on Neville, Luna's and Hermione's decision, and finding out what the chamber was exactly from Mrs. Mcgonagal during class one day. Also let's also add that Hagrid was sent to Azkaban for assumption of the Chamber being opened by him.

More people had gotten petrified, but this time, it striked someone close. Two people actually.

"Severus whats going on?" Percy asked as he walked, or nearly ran as Snape was briskly walking with long legs and swishing robes.

Luna was beside him looking intrigued and curious. "Yes Professor, why'd you take us out of class sir?" She asked in her airy tone of voice.

"You'll see once we get there." Severus said not having the heart to tell Percy two...two of his best friends were hurt.

Once they reached the infirmary they were even more worried as they walked in. Severus slowing down significantly, almost reluctant like to show them what had happened.

But Percy didn't have to follow as he saw right away the problem and ran over. "Neville?" He asked as he stared at the petrified boy, the petrified best friend of his. Then his eyes took to the figure in the bed beside Neville's. "Hermione?" He nearly choked out, seeing her frozen looking into a mirror.

"We found them outside the library. I'm sorry." Severus said as he placed a hand on Percy's shoulder and one on Luna's as she showed the face of a worried and hurt girl.

Snape then left them to it as he had a class to teach, but told the two they were welcome to stay and that the rest of their group should be hear soon.

Once the doors shut with an echo Percy started to cry silently. He knows they aren't dead, but his friends and his housemate were both petrified!! He was worried...what if's were swimming through his head.

In ran the rest of their golden group. They paused as they saw Percy with tears streaming down his face, but took an intake of breath as they saw Luna was crying as well. Both were the ones who never had a negative emotion on their face...but here they were crying.

Harry and Draco immediately took Percy into their arms as Ron and Blaise took Luna, but soon it was a big group hug, Ron and Harry were on the brink of tears as well as the Slytherins.

They knew, it wasn't death...but still...it would be hard for them without their best friends.

Pomfrey who had been watching felt her heart clench at the sight, but she smiled anyway as it showed that really the houses weren't as different as it seemed...they were all human at the core. With that, she went to check on the potions, hoping they may just be close to finished, so she could see the joy on the sad preteens faces.

******

During the week it became a regular thing to come check on Hermione and Neville every time they would have gone to the library or outside. A lot of people said their apologies for the two to the golden group, because honestly, it was different seeing how most of the group looked a little more down then usual.

Draco and Blaise were ruder.

Harry and Ron closed in on themselves.

Percy barely ate, or slept as he was used to having Neville around with him, same with Luna, she spaced out more then before.

And no one blamed them, they were all best friends, and were the reason houses mingled whenever they could and nearly no one fought between houses. Only during quidditch.

Percy sat by himself in the library as he laid his head on the table, before he decided to get up and walk around the school, he then spotted a red headed girl walking robotically down the hall.

"Weasley?" He guessed as he came up to the first year.

The girl paused and seemed to shake herself off as she turned and blushed upon seeing Percy. "Sorry..."

"You didn't do anything?" Percy said confused as he laughed. "You alright, your not lost are you?" He asked, smiling at her.

"No..." She looked around confused. "Actually a little."

"Where are you headed?" Percy asked.

"To the Gryffindor dorm, but I guess I spaced out." She said shyly, embarrassed that she was lost in the first place.

Percy laughed a bit. "I do that sometimes. Your a Weasley then?"

She blushed as red as her hair. "Yeah, I'm Ginny Weasley. Ron, Fred and George are my older brothers, and then there's Percy as well."

Percy nodded. "I've met all of them but you, I knew they had a sister. I wasn't here when you got sorted though either." He says as he starts walking telling her to follow with a hand signal.

They talked slightly all the way there, Percy being friendly and himself like always, making Ginny a bit more comfortable as they went along.

"Well here's your dorm. I'll see you around Ginny. Tell my brother and Ron I said hi won't you?" Percy asked.

"Sure, thanks Percy." She says with a smile before heading in.

Percy seeing it was getting dark sighed, and started his way to his own dorms, once passing through the wall he ignored his housemates that were most likely older then him, and walked into his room. He paused as he looked to Neville's still made bed. Before he continued on to take a shower.

As he finished dressing he laid on his bed sideways, letting his head roll off the mattress a little. He then sat up as he had a owl tapping at the window, noticing it was a familiar owl, Percy jumped up and opened it letting the pretty grey owl in and letting it sit on the dresser, Sapphire watching it from her perch before going back to sleep. 

Opening the letter I smiled a bit.

Dear Percy

Im sorry this took so long, being international is really weird. Anyway, about your friends, I'm sure they'll be fine soon, at least it's not like Snake Pedo, where we got one of the Pearls. I'm not sure how your friends got like that, as you won't tell me much, which is fine, for now. But I'm sure they'll be fine don't worry to much. They're working on that cure anyways right?

Besides that, everything has been really boring without you here. Hope you come back safely.

Sincerely, Luke.

Percy smiled as he noticed the clearly very neat writing. Glad he was able to read, but that could be because it was in Greek.

With a sigh, he decided to write back in the morning. He looked to the empty bed, frowning before shaking his head and going to a restless sleep.