representation / poem/rant??

part one hundred oh wow

it's dark. you're scared. you're trapped. nothing feels right. your heart is hammering in your chest, quicker and quicker and quicker–

everyone seems like a stranger. like they don't know you. and you're terrified. oh god, you are petrified. you ignore everyone; everything.

one day it's not that dark anymore. sure, you still can't see your hands, but you can see something. that you are not alone.

so, you chance it. you take a deep breath and it fails. and it's darker than ever before. and, once again, you are terrified. you can't breathe. the world around you is alienated. you don't seem to belong anywhere.

but then it's lighter. lighter than before. and you feel this warmth in you. something you never felt before. and for the first time in one thousand years, you smile. and it's genuine. it's so, so genuine.

and you're you again. you've never felt more you. you're not trapped in a hazy oil painting of heartbreak anymore. light is flooding in all around you and your heart is hammering again, but this time, this time it's good, and your breath is taken away by how you you feel.

and that's how i feel about love, simon. like i can finally be fully me.

that movie broke my walls and made me realise that i can be me.

i can be purely and entirely me.