Chapter 38

Samantha's P.O.V

"Get up, I'm gonna pour water on you and the stuffed raccoon if you don't." Jack shouts to get me up like he has been for the last ten minutes.

Last night I walked back in with Shawn and we watched a scary movie and I almost peed myself. It was horrible. I suggested a nice viewing of Pocahontas, but no. After it was over everyone cleared out because there is going to be a surprise today. I was left sitting in Jacks bed all night scared of being killed. I started thinking of how things could play out, and how someone could kill me. That led to me crying at like three in the morning. Jack had to practically rock me to sleep and when I did fall asleep it wasn't till six and it's only nine now. Therefore I only had less than three hours of sleep, and I can barely function on eight.

"Okay, you have till the count of three!" I realized the severity of the situation and I shot up. I don't feel like being soaked, so I rather just deal with the lack of sleep.

"Good, you're up. Now get dressed because we're going somewhere and it's a surprise." I slowly shuffle into the hallway and back to my room.

"Oh if it isn't my little raccoon loving girlfriend." Shawn smiles when I walk in.

"I don't love them, but I love this one." I hold Atticus at him and he stands up.

"I have to show you something."

"What do you mean?"

"Just get dressed and ready and I'll show you." I take out a pair of leggings and a tie dye t-shirt that I made with Jack and Sam last year...

"You ready?" I asked while tying my shirt with rubber bands.

"When aren't I?" Sammy laughs while swinging his shirt around.

"Shut up, now what colors are you doing?" Jack asked while taking out the colors in the pack.

"MAROON!" I shouted from my place on the trampoline that sits in our backyard.

"Okay, come down here and get started." I did one last tie on my white cotton shirt before stepping off the trampoline.

"Thanks." I took the little squirt bottle and I started making the design you need. That was until Sammy spilled his blue in my hair when he tripped on the picnic table, that now that I think about it is very unstable and practically broken.

"I'm going to kill you Sammy!" I stand up and he runs for his life.

"Can't kill me bug, I'm faster than you!" I kept chasing him down the block as he ran. He got to a red light in our little town and stopped and turned back around and I ran at him full force. I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"Sammy, go finish the tie dying. He didn't mean it." I stomped off toward the house and opened the white gate leading back to the backyard. I sat down and started to make my shirt maroon. They both walked in a minute later and sat down with their shirts.

"Bug, I'm sorry." Sammy took a seat next to me and I keep on doing what I'm doing.

"Please don't ignore me, I love you." He hugged me from behind, but I ignored him yet again.

"I'll take you to the fair." He bargained and that one made me talk.

"Really?" I asked suddenly itching with excitement.

"Yes, but you have to forgive me."

"Deal."...

That day we tie dyed like six shirts and it was really hilarious. The only downside was getting the dye out of my hair. That took a while, but once I got it out Sammy brought me to the fair. That's how I got Atticus the blue raccoon with huge plastic eyes that comfort me when I'm sad. The tags still attached to his left ear, but when you look straight on at his face it's on your right. I have this thing where I keep the tags on stuffed animals.