Chapter 40

Samantha's P.O.V

We got back at the hotel about thirty minutes ago, and I'm exhausted. We ended up taking the water taxi back from the pier. If we noticed it before my feet wouldn't be killing me. You know upholding a bet with Johnson is a lot harder than it seems. Right now it's nine o'clock and so far we haven't seen any other groups. After the fun house, which surprisingly was fun, we went to the stain glass museum due to our growing lack of options. We decided that just coming back here would be better than just walking around. I'll admit it though, I did have a lot of fun.

"Sammy, are you gonna take a nap before we go down there?" Shawn asks from beside me.

"Yeah, wake me up at ten fifty." I pulled my hood up and pulled the covers of the bed up. I got all snuggled up before taking Atticus in my arms and holding him to my chest.

"Okay, I'll set the alarms because I'm tired too." I saw him out of the corner of my eye playing with the hotel alarm clock.

"Shawn, use your phone."

"Right, forgot about that. I just saw the clock and was like yeah use that." He sets a bunch of alarms on his phone and turns the ringer up full blast. I let sleep over take my body for a nice nap. that was until somebody barged into the room sending me shooting up out of bed.

"Something happened, get dressed we need to get to the hospital." Mahogany shouts.

"What happened." I shout back slipping on sweatpants over my shouts and putting on my UGG slippers.

"The hospital called saying some people got hurt and they called for us." I follow her out of the room and Aaron and Jacob are waiting for me and Shawn.

"How bad were they hurt?" I ask suddenly panicking.

"She didn't say, but she said to get there as fast as we can." I nod and I feel Shawn's grip on me tighten.

"Calm down okay, everything's gonna be fine." He soothed me and I started to calm down just a little.

"Which hospital?" Aaron asks.

"I have the directions with me come on." She shouted and started running. Ugh running. We all started chasing her and a nice marathon later we ran in the doors of the hospital.

"Hello, we were called down like fifteen minutes ago. A nurse told us somebody needed us."

"Oh yes, right this way." She led us to a room where Jack was sitting on a white bed watching tv.

"What happened?" Shawn asked. Jack looks at us and sighs.

"Jack, Sam, and I were in a cab coming back from the sky deck thing because we didn't want to walk and this car blew a red light and hit our car. Jack and me aren't really injured, just some scrapes and bruising."

"What about Sammy?" I ask concerned.

"Um, he's in surgery right now for his wrist, he has a few broken ribs, and a severe concussion." I just walked out of the room and outside of the hospital. I need air, and time to process what just happened. I take a seat on the bench and pull my legs to my chest. I look up at the sky and I just sigh. Why? Why did this happen? Sammy is supposed to be back at the hotel with everyone else. We are all supposed to be in that lobby waiting for each other to get back. We were gonna talk about what we did and laugh. Why can't that be the situation?

"Sammy, what are you doing here?" I look up and I see Cam, Nash, and Hayes.

"You guys didn't hear?"

"Hear what?" Nash asked concerned and almost the same tone I had when I heard.