Chapter 44

Shawn's P.O.V

I hang up and walk back to my room. Aaliyah is lying in my bed, crying while clutching her face.

"Come here." I say picking her up and holding her.

"How bad does it hurt?"

"Bad." She mumbles. I stand up with her in my arms and walk toward the kitchen downstairs. I place her on the counter and get an ice pack before walking to the living room with her. She looks awful, like yikes. Right now it's only us home and I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I look at Aaliyah and tell her I'll be back in a second. I walk into the kitchen and call Mahogany.

"Aww does lover boy miss his girl already?" She laughs.

"No, get her on the phone. Aaliyah got kicked in the face and I thought I knew what I was doing, but I don't."

"Oh crap. Sammy get out her Shawn seriously needs your help." I hear her shout.

"What's the matter?"

"I have her and an ice pack and I don't know what to do."

"Okay so where exactly was she hit?"

"Her cheek like right on the bone."

"Ask her if she's seeing any doubles or is dizzy." I walk into the room and put Sammy on speaker.

"You're on speaker ask her yourself."

"Hey Aaliyah, it's Sam. Can you tell me where your face hurts?"

"Yeah, my cheek."

"Like near your jaw or more toward your eye?"

"My eye." Aaliyah mumbles from under her ice pack.

"Are you dizzy or is your vision weird."

"No, it just hurts a lot."

"Is it numb?"

"Yeah like when I touch it, it feels tingly and when I don't touch it, it just hurts."

"Okay, I'm just gonna ask you to relax and keep the ice on for five minutes and off for ten and keep doing that for an hour."

"Thank you Sammy."

"No problem kiddo. Shawn off speaker now." I take her off speaker and go back to the kitchen.

"She might have fractured a bone in her face. You might wanna go to an emergency room, just incase. She's in a lot of pain, it could be serious."

"Really? I can't really drive yet and my parents aren't home."

"Call your parents first off and tell them what's going on and what I told you. Tell them not to worry because she isn't dizzy or anything, but it would be a good idea to get it checked on."

"You're the best babe, thank you so much."

"No problem, as long as your are good. Bye."

"Bye, I'll talk to you soon." I hang up and call my parents and they start asking me who Sammy is and how she would know and if it's serious.

"Mom I'll explain later, but she said we should get it checked out because she could have a facial fracture."

"We'll be home in a few minutes. Keep comforting her till we get her." I take a seat next to her and she is just laying with with ice pack in her hand.

"Does it feel any better?"

"Not at all, why hasn't it stopped?"

"It's gonna be fine, don't worry. Mom and dad said they'll be home soon."

"Okay, I have a question. Did you tell her that I'm coming to D.C with you?"

"Yeah and she's really excited too."

"That's awesome, she seems cool."

"She is." I'm laugh as my parents walk in.

"Aww sweetie are you okay? Come on we're gonna take you to the doctor. Shawn get your sisters shoes and bring her to the car. I'll get a new ice pack." I nod and grab a pair of slipper type shoes and bring them by her. She slips them on and I pick her up and walk her to the car.

"How are you feeling Aaliyah?" My dad asks from the drivers seat.

"Not too good." He gives her a comforting smile before turning back around. My mom walks out with a new ice pack and hands it to Aaliyah, but she doesn't put it on her face.

"Sweetie, you have I put it on your face for it to help."

"No, it's five minutes on ten minutes off."

"When did you learn that?"

"Sammy told me before."

"Oh, is this the Sammy that Shawn mentioned?"

"Yeah." I respond.

"Who is she?" My mom interrogates.

"It's his girlfriend." Aaliyah spills and I give her a 'shut up look'.

"Since when did you have a girlfriend?"

"Since the eleventh, last Friday."

"Where does she live?"

"She lives in Nebraska."

"Wait, then how do you know this girl?"

"Her brother is Jack Gilinsky, one of the guys in magcon."

"I want to meet this girl." My mother say turning back around.

"I met her, she's really pretty and she's really sweet. She also sings and plays piano and guitar. Shawn posted a video with her." Aaliyah smiles brightly for the first time all night.

"Okay, well when we get home I'll be watching it and you will explain why I didn't hear about this sooner, and when I meet her."

"Sounds good." I look back down at my phone and I look at my lock screen. It's the picture we took at the bean with my chin resting on her head, my arms draped over her shoulder and her holding my hands while smiling like a goofball.

She is just great.

//////////////////////////////////
Added note: I apologize for the weakness and length of this chapter. I just wanted a nice Shawn chapter without another point of view thrown in with it, especially because everyone is in different places and Sam is in his own world and he needs to get back go earth where his bug is.