Chapter 43

Samantha's P.O.V

I throw my two bags on the bed and look at Mahogany whose struggling with five bags. Poor child. I go over and grab two of the them and I place them at the foot of her bed. We ended up going to Panera like we did last shopping trip and we brought our food back. I look at my purse and I remember I still have the check. It's currently five at night and If I want to talk to Jack and Shawn together I have to do it like now. I take my laptop and go over by the desk.

"Mahogany come over here, I'm oovoo-ing Jack and Shawn." She walks over and takes a seat, and I'm in the other one. I put my food to the side.

"Can I use your phone?" She laughs and hands it to me. I text both of them telling them to get on because I need to talk to them. I wait a few minutes and it says they're logged on. I send the call and they both pick up.

"Hey!" I shout.

"Hey Sammy, what's the big deal?" Jack asks curious.

"Well we went shopping-" I get cut of with a groan from Jack.

"How much did you spend and since when did you have that outfit?"

"Well I'll get to the outfit, but I spent $120. So as I was saying before you interrupted me, I was shopping and we went into Brandy Melville and a women came over to me and was like can you please fill in for this model you look likes someone who models to for us and she was like I'll pay you. That was the line that drew me in, but I called Craig and he was like go for it. So I ended up being asked to wear this and once I was done she told me I could keep the clothes, and I gladly accepted. The women then told me she wanted me to like permanently model for them but I told her I don't live here and she was like well whenever you're here, stop by and model for us."

"That's awesome." Shawn said while smiling.

"Yeah, go Sammy. Did you like modeling though?"

"Yeah, I actually did. I also have the check she have me, but I didn't open it yet."

"Open it already." Mahogany poked me. I grabbed the envelope and opened it. I look at the check and my jaw dropped.

"How much?" Shawn asked obviously seeing my shocked face.

"She paid me three hundred dollars and all I did was fill in for some girl."

"What! Three hundred." Mahogany took the check at of my hand and looked at it.

"She's not kidding, holy pizza pies."

"Lucky duck." Jack laughs.

"Hey, it's not my fault I found something I like and am good at."

"I know, I'm just shocked. Also Sam wants to talk to you." Jack says and I get shocked.

"Wait, he remembers?"

"No, but he's bothering me to talk to you. He said he wants to say something." He turns his computer to Sam and I realize he's in the hospital.

"Hello, what up?" I ask looking at him.

"Well I wanted to see how LA is, you seemed very upset about Jack not being there with you. I also wanted to say that I'm getting out in in two days and that this nurse lady told me I have to remember you because I mean a lot to you."

"LA is good even though Jack isn't here. And by any chance was she middle aged with black hair and glasses?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I was talking to her the day you didn't remember me."

"So I mean a lot to you?" He asks curiously.

"Yeah, like I said you're like a brother and I sleep at your house for at least one week at a time."

"Okay, say bye Sam because Sam probably wants to talk to lover boy."

"Bye Samantha." He waves and I wave back.

"Okay, I'm gonna go but I'm so proud of you. Great job today and have fun."

"Bye Jack."

"Bye Sammy, and Shawn."

"And me!" Mahogany shouts.

"You too, okay bye." He hangs up and it's just Shawn and I.

"Go talk on the balcony I need to make a call and I don't wanna hear the love talk." Mahogany jokes and I step out in the balcony with my computer.

"So what up?" I ask.

"Nothing much, while you were at a model shoot I had a soccer game and it didn't end to well." He got up and started walking with him computer. I heard a door open and he turned me to a little girl sleeping in a blue room.

"What happened? Is she okay?"

"Yeah, some girl kicked her in the face and then on top of that they lost and she isn't doing to hot. She's sleeping in my room, so I'm stuck in the office."

"Wait how and why did someone kick her? Cause I'll kick them."

"It was some girl who was running on the other team and when Aaliyah blocked her, like a pro may I add, they both fell and the girl kicked her face. I don't think it was intentional, but I was pissed."

"Aww best big brother award goes to Shawn. Was her face damaged though?"

"If you consider a nasty bruise on her cheek damage."

"I do, tell her to ice it for five minutes on then ten off. After that let it sit and don't touch it or really move that side of her face."

"Got it, so on a happier note how is LA so far?"

"Well we just got here today so I don't know really. We just walked and shopped and I can't wait till the tell Mahogany her bag weighs too much at the airport. She bought like five bags worth of clothing and shoes."

"I think she needs a rehab for clothes."

"I agree, I also met this model and she's really nice. Her names Cindy."

"Look at my girlfriend. Being social and making friends."

"I'm not a social person, so it's a step in the right direction."

"That's the spirit, so I have a little surprise for you. Wanna know what it is?"

"Yes! Tell me, tell me, tell me."

"Well I have arranged for Aaliyah to come to the next magcon."

"Yay, I get to meet the cutie."

"She's excited too, she started running around the house."

"Aww, that great." I hear a door open and I see Aaliyah appear and he face looks swollen and she looks miserable.

"Shawn, my really face hurts." She says while starting to cry.

"Okay, go lie back down and I'll be there to help in a second. Don't worry, you'll be okay." She nods and walks back out of the room.

"Duty calls." He says a little upset.

"Go help the little one out, I'll talk to you soon."

"Thanks, I'll talk to you tomorrow or later. Whenever I have a minute. Bye wizard."

"Bye songbird." I blow a kiss as he hangs up. I walk back in and put my computer on the desk. I take a seat in the desk chair and go back to my Asian Sesame Chicken Salad and my iced tea.

"Why did you stop talking already?" Mahogany asks while trying on all her clothes.

"His little sister got kicked in the face during soccer and walked in crying telling him her face really hurts. It was the cutest and saddest thing at the same time."

"You got a good one." Mahogany says while walking out in a really cute skirt.

"What do you mean?" I ask while eating my salad, that is very delicious.

"Shawn, he's a good kid. He's really sweet and caring, you found a golden boy."

"I did didn't I."