Chapter 54

Samantha's P.O.V

"Why the hell are we in here?" Matt wonders while taking a seat on the pullout couch with Carter and Johnson. Cam, Nash, Hayes, and Aaron are on the other bed and Mahogany, Taylor and Jacob are sitting on desk chairs. Where as Sammy and Shawn are with me and so is Jack. Only thing is they are sprawled out in weird positions.

"Because Nash said that one of Sammy's movies isn't going go teach him anything about the world and she said it will." Shawn explains.

"What movie is it?" Jack turns to me.

"To Kill A Mockingbird."

"Oh, Nash you lose on this one. That movie has a lot of stuff about the world we live in." Sammy cracks up laughing.

"Just play the movie, and I'll see about that." Nash complains and I press play. The movie starts playing and just like the book it's all good until the Tom Robinson court case. Well not really because you still have the whole Boo issue and it goes to show being ignorant makes people get the wrong impression. The movie eventually comes to a close and I look around.

"Did Tom do it?" Jacob asks.

"No, the Ewells are just messed up and the blamed the easiest target, a black man. This is from the civil rights eras for African Americans in America. Couldn't you see the underlying issue because it was pretty potent."

"Yeah, but what does it teach?" Nash asks in a smug manner. Oh he thinks he's got me. Wrong.

"Well it teaches that being ignorant can hurt people, it shows how innocence can be ripped away from people, and it also shows with how having a understanding you can do something. Oh and realization hits hard."

"When has it shown those?" Nash asks again.

"In the beginning Scout, Dill and Jem were just little kids having fun and once the court case came around things flipped. The kids had to mature in order to deal with what was going on in the court case their father was a part of. For ignorance didn't you see Aunt Alexandra, she had such a distorted view on stuff because she stayed in Maycomb county for so long. Atticus' understanding helped him to teach his kids the right things in life and not how the ignorant people teach their kids."

"Yeah, Nash you got smoked." Hayes smacks his brother in the arm.

"Okay, I'll admit it does have lesson and can tech stuff."

"Thank you, case closed." I snuggle next to Shawn and lie my head down. The medicine kicked in a little and stopped my stomach from hurting but I still feel some pain in my chest. I can tell I'm sick because I would have drilled the examples in the movie and story but I only gave a few. I'm off my game, definitely.

"Hello, so guys our first team bonding exercise is going down stairs for Sound check so come on!" Bart walks in and speaks but earth to him, I was just at the hospital about three hours ago.

"Okay, well be down in a second." Cam says and I groan.

"Wait what about Sammy." Hayes asks.

"Just come down with us, but don't really walk around. Just stay seated."

"Don't have to tell me twice." I slip on my slippers again and I grab my phone from the side table. Shawn puts on his vans before coming by me and picking me up.

"Thank you."

"No problem." Everyone start walking toward the sound check area and personally sound check sucks. You just sit there and make sure the microphones are working and Shawn and Jacob have there songs right. And to makes sure Mahogany has her DJ stuff working too. We get there and like always the stage thing is the same.