You're Supposed To Take The Shield! (1)

The Sokovia Accords tore the Avengers apart. They fought day by day to take the other down, and today would be a day they would officially decide who was on whose team.

Captain America, Hawkeye, Antman, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, and the Winter Solider were on one side. The whole team was talking about their strategy of how to fight, but so far nothing led to them winning.

"We can take Tony out first." Wanda said, but knowing all too well that it was a false hope. "They're all going to be defending Tony, that isn't an option." Replied Steve, who was pacing the room, hands behind his back.

Suddenly, he stopped. "We could get Thunder." Everyone around the table scoffed in annoyance. "Really, Steve?" Sam asked. "You know damn well that she's just a kid. We can't put her in danger."

Steve looked up from the floor and to his friends. "Tony wouldn't hurt someone whose obviously young, and we need all the help that we can get."

+

The phone rang loudly through the empty apartment. You groaned and rolled off the couch, snatching your phone from the coffee table. You answered it without even bothering to check the ID.

"Hello?" You asked groggily, sitting up and running a hand through your hair.

"It's me."

You stood up quickly, eyes widening. "Captain America." You stated.

"Thunder." He replied. "I need you."

+

All of the Avengers stood staring at one another on two different sides. One side was led by Tony, the other by Steve.

"Your side is looking pretty weak, Cap." Tony smirked, clearly seeing the advantage he has. But he didn't know Steve's secret weapon. The man simply raised his hand high into the air, making Tony's head tilt in confusion.

Steve snapped his fingers.

The sky darkened, clouds rolling overhead. Lightning trickled across the clouds, then suddenly struck down in one thick bolt, making everyone jump. When the bolt blinked away, you stood there, arms crossed. You smiled sweetly at Tony.

"Hey, Iron Man." You greeted, and waved a hand around. "Hello everyone, I'm Thunder." "We don't need to start a conversation—" "Are we using our superhero names or our real ones?" "Thunder, that's enough!" Steve barked.

You see, there was a reason why you weren't fighting in wars like these, and it was the same reason that Peter had. You were just a kid who was living their life, but are a superhero by accident. You didn't mean to get struck by lightning, it just happened, and it morphed you into who you were today: a mediocre fighter with abilities that you hardly know how to control.

"I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony Stark called, and suddenly something sticky attached to your back, and you were swung up and into the air.

"You're supposed to take the shield, kid!" Tony yelled furiously as you soared through the air. Then, you were falling back down. As you neared the floor, you bounced back up from momentum, and soon settled out and suspended in the air.

Below you, a fight started. Each side ran for the other, and no one stopped. Anxiety began to trickle into your veins. "Shouldn't you be slowing down?" You called, and the person who strung you up, and was still above you, said, "Yeah, shouldn't you be stopping?"

"No! Because we're gonna fight for our rights!" Tony called, then slapped on his mask and flew up, only to soar down and take Steve out.

"Steve!" You yelled and swung your feet back in forth to try and get the string to break, but it wouldn't budge. "Dude, let me go!" You growled, now swinging around by the string.

"No, you're on the wrong side." The boy sassed back. He sounded like your age, and you looked up to see a man in a blue and red suit with the whites of his mask staring down at you.

"Wow." He mumbled lowly. "She's pretty."

"What are you supposed to be, a clown?" You sassed, smirking. He scoffed, "Now that's just plain rude! I'm Spider-Man!" "Hey, I'm Thunder, now can you put me down now?"

"No, because you're on Captain America's side, and that means you're wrong. And that makes you dangerous, no matter how gorgeous you are." You laughed lightly at his comment, and swung around and struggled for a little longer.

Soon enough, your patience wore away. You growled and shot a hand out. Lightning shot down from the sky and hit Spider-Man directly over the head, and he crashed down the truck he was on top of. You let lightning spill from your fingers and attack the string suspending you, and it instantly snapped in half.

You fell down hard on your side, and groaned while rolling onto your back. You scrambled back up and ran to the fight, eager to use your powers and help out, this would definitely prove to Steve that you were capable of fighting.

But, as soon as you looked up, your blood ran cold. Black Widow was running straight for you. You shot lightning at her, but she easily dodged it, springing up and off the floor, sending her feet to your face. You cried out when you heard a thick snap! of your nose breaking.

To your surprise, the ginger ducked down to your level and apologized. You groaned in response and screwed your eyes shut and payed attention to your breathing so you wouldn't panic. "I'll put in a good word for you." She said, then sprung away. Through the pain, you smiled. Maybe you would become an Avenger after all.

Groaning, you sat up and hovered your hand over your face. A blur of red and blue dropped down in front of you, "Wow, that's definitely broken." Peter said, concern lacing his voice.

"No shit, Sherlock." You muttered while pushing yourself to your feet. You wiped the blood away from your nose and bounced lightly from one foot to another.

"I'm ready, Spider-Boy. Come at me." You said with your hands up to look like you were ready to fight, but you were actually on the verge of passing out. Your nose hurt, to say the least. It felt as if a thousand knives were digging through your nose, and the pain was beginning to become unbearable.

Meanwhile, Peter rolled his eyes. You scowled in annoyance, "Really, Spidey, I'm ready. . ." Your vision went black suddenly as your knees gave out from under you. You fell to the concrete, but before it could catch you, a whoosh of red and blue did.