Burning Building (3)

When the week ended, you were officially back to your normal self. Your body was healed and protecting the neighborhood again.

But it wasn't the same without Peter. The boy had stomped off three days ago from his duties and now left it to you. You knew it would be hard, but decided to take on the challenge, in desperate need of moving around.

Yet, you missed Peter. He had been with you through thick and thin, and now, he's just ignoring you in every single way he can. You had grown close to him, and now you were forced to be completely detached.

You gazed over the bustling streets of Queens, scanning for a sign of crime. This was your first day back in the field, and to say the least, you were nervous, especially without a partner. Not once had Peter let you go off on your own, he always insisted to stay by your side, even if he was hurt. A week ago, your relationship was thriving, and now it feels dead, and that made your heart pull.

Suddenly, the floor rumpled, making you fall. You banged against the roof of the building and tried to desperately claw onto something so you wouldn't fly off the building. You found a barrel and held onto it, but it rolled away. The building rattled even more beneath you, and you slowly made your way over to the ledge.

A loud noise sounded above you, and you looked up to see some kind of swirling black hole above you. You gasped inwardly as dozens and dozens of aliens fell from the vortex, and you instantly knew that it was Loki and that he somehow escaped. He's called the God of Mischief for a reason.

You rammed into the wall and stayed there for a moment to wait through the shaking. Soon enough, the earth stilled once again, and you scrambled up to look around. You saw aliens chasing after people in the streets, and you used your super speed to get down there just in time to stop an alien from biting an elderly woman's head off.

There was a disconnected rod from a pipe in the street, and you used your telekinesis to bring it to you. You swung it at the alien and shoved it to the side. You went for a second kick and at the same time shoved the rod into its head. It screeched for just a moment before tumbling to the floor, dead.

You looked back up to see even more aliens falling from the hole and swore violently. Five aliens were coming toward you and forced you into the middle of a circle. You used your rod to take them all out quickly and cleanly.

Another whole herd of aliens came for you, and you charged for them, rod in hand. You swung your rod and swiped one of them in the face, then kicked them in the gut. You stabbed that one in the head, then yanked it back out. You swung for the second one, and to your surprise, it caught the rod in its hands and yanked it out of yours.

At the last second you decided to go with hand to hand fighting and went for it. You threw punches and kicks, then used your telekinesis to grab the rod back and kill them all.

You tapped a button on your suit to call your dad while killing another set of aliens. "Dad, Loki's back with aliens. I need a little help." "Don't worry, we're making a plan now, I'll send some people down to help you."

Then, he clicked the microphone off as you killed yet another. You looked back up to see the vortex getting even bigger, then knew that you had to do something about that. With your speed, you ran up the tallest building to the vortex and looked at it.

You tapped into your head and locked minds with the vortex. Death, destruction, chaos, Avengers murdered. The signals you got from it were terrifying, but the worst one was the last one. Kill the fast mind controlling girl first.

Right on cue, an alien soared down from the hole and directly over you. You tapped out of your head just as the alien crashed over you, hanging firmly onto you. You screeched as it sent the two of you over the ledge of the building.