A Soft Side (9)

"Do you have any sevens?"

"Nope, go fish!"

"You just had a seven!"

Peter and Tony were playing Go Fish with a random deck of cards that he found in his room, and he was determined to win since he got so competitive when it came to games.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Tony stated while suppressing his smile, and Peter casted him a hateful look while throwing down his cards onto the table.

Tony laughed and put his cards down, revealing that he had three sevens. Peter scoffed in annoyance while Tony leaned back in his chair and laughed, grabbing at his chest.

(Y/N) awoke with a jerk and her eyes snapped open, her breath going rapidly. The laughter instantly stopped when Tony heard the monitor, and turned around while standing up to see that her heart beat was incredibly fast. He walked over to see her eyes half open, her chest firing away.

"(Y/N)?" He questioned softly, running to her side and leaning down to caress her cheek gently. Her eyes opened more as she began to breathe through her mouth, and her eyes found his. A relieved smile danced across his face as he said, "Good to have you back, kid."

The girl moved her head and coughed a few times, and Tony leaned back to look behind him and to Peter, who couldn't take his gaze off her. His eyes dazzled in amazement as he watched her stretch out her arms and legs, then look over.

Their eyes connected, and everything seemed to stop for a moment. His were glazed over with affection, a lopsided smile tugging on his lips as his honey orbs grew wider. The most she could do was just stare at his reaction, drinking it all in slowly. He looked happy.

Tony cleared his throat and the girl flinched before tearing her sparkling eyes away and to the grown up, her soon to be dad. "I'm gonna go get you some soup, okay?" She nodded with a slight smile in a way of saying thank you for giving us a minute.

There was a moment of awkward silence, and he girl took that time to get herself situated by fixing her pillow and sitting up. She didn't even hear Peter come to the edge of the bed, and without warning, he swept down and wrapped his arms around her torso. She breathed in sharply and winced from the contact, but he refused to budge, just held her close.

"Thank god you're alright." The boy breathed, his face in her hair. She patted his back gently and brought him a little closer so her head could be in the crook of his neck.

Since she didn't exactly know what to say, she just rubbed his back silently and let him take in everything about her. The way her chest was back to going up and down regularly, or how her grip was stronger.

"Peter." (Y/N) mumbled after a few moments, and he pulled away reluctantly to look into her eyes. He sat down on the edge of her bed and held one of her hands in both of his as she asked, "I got shot three times in the stomach. . . how am I still alive?"

A smile broke out as his fingers tightened around her hand. "I gave my suit the ability to heal! It took a lot of work, and you were my first victim, and it worked!"

"Your suit can heal?"

"Yep!"

(Y/N) squeezed his hand while saying, "I haven't known you all that long, but I knew you were so unbelievably smart, I could feel it. I'm really proud of you, and really glad that it worked."

The two shared a small laugh and then all was silent, just one another looking into their eyes. His were like looking at the sunlight through a glass of whiskey, a chunk of amber, the earth, beautiful. They held the magnitude of a black hole, with so much depth that it could sweep you right off your feet.

She could see the emotions flickering in them, feel them. Gratitude from the way his smile reaches his eyes, relief from the way his mouth was positioned, making his eyes look more round.

"I'm so glad you're alright." He breathed, "Ive missed you like crazy."

"I. . . I've missed you, too." She stated with a nervous smile, and suddenly, he was throwing himself at her, his lips connecting perfectly into hers, fitting exactly like a puzzle piece.

She held her breath as she immediately kissed him back, her hands reaching up to wrap around his neck pull him closer. He was surprised but didn't stop, instead cupping her face harder.

It ended all two soon because of the annoying need for air, and she smiled up at him. "I messed up. I stayed away from you because I thought it was better, and I always convinced myself that even though my heart hurt. I know now just how wrong I was. Please, could we just start over?"

The girl paused for a moment to make him sweat, and she jumped when she heard a voice say, "Say yes already!"

Both of them turned to see Tony standing with a tray in his hands, a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup positioned perfectly in the middle. His eyes were wide he stared at her, and motioned the soup to Peter. "For the love of God, say yes!"

She laughed and moved her gaze back over to Peter, saying, "Yes, we can start over."

She then extended her hand to him while saying, "Hello, I'm (Y/N)."

He laughed and took her hand, greeting her, "Hello, my name is Peter, and I'm the handsome man who saved you."

She rolled her eyes, already regretting her decision.

I thought I would post the last part on my birthday so we can all feel a little joy! Hope you guys enjoyed her journey!
Question: would you want the story Capsize or Joy next? I don't know which one to start writing!