Capsize (5)

2 months ago

"To the left! Left left left!"

(Y/N) veered herself from right to left at the second, then fell due to the momentum she had going. She grunted as she landed on the floor, and for a moment she just laid there, taking a breath. Then, she was right back up on her feet with Tony saying, "Again!"

She sighed and formed fists, which struggled to glow violet. Soon it morphed into two pulsing spheres, and she could make it be less if she wanted.

She was learning control after having her powers for about a month, and she couldn't be happier. When she was upset sometimes her powers surfaced, but now she had better control, and not none anymore.

"Go!" Tony yelled and hurled up a target ten feet into the air, and she threw a sphere at it, breaking it into hundreds of pieces.

He threw another behind her, and she quickly spun around while hurling her other ball at the next target. She got that one too, and it shattered and fell to the floor.

"Left!" He repeated, and this time she obeyed, purple flying to the left and hitting the target. She then threw one to the right without having to be told, and hit it straight on. She smirked in triumph and looked over to her mentor to see what he wanted her to do next.

Tony pointed to the far wall while saying, "Take down that target. You'll need to use a beam of power to break it."

Considering she had never tried that before, she turned around with worry and concern, not knowing how this was going to go. She always feared learning something new, since she was so powerful she could easily mess it up and burn down Stark Tower.

(Y/N) repeated what Peter had said to her two weeks ago, I believe in you. If he believes in me, then I can believe in myself.

She planted her feet firmly on the ground while her fists once again formed spheres, and she tried to make them as big as possible. She focused on the huge target, and twiddled her fingers together, raising her arms and pointing her palms out.

With courage on her side, she fired two beams at the target, and neither were even close to making it halfway before they deteriorated. Disappointed, she took a step back with her lips parted.

"You're holding back, you gotta give it everything you've got." Tony said, and she said softly, "Can we please work on something else?"

Tony knew that tone, he was nearly overstepping the boundaries. He nodded curtly, "Wanna try your flying again?"

(Y/N) nodded and closed her eyes, focusing her energy to the palms of her hands and the soles of her feet.

Meanwhile, Peter walked over to the training room and began to watch from the window that overlooked it. He was proud of her for using her powers.

"Ready. . . go!" Tony yelled, and she made her body have a faint outline of violet instantly, but it already began to fade. "Come on, you can do this, make it stronger! That's never gonna hold you up!"

His words made her body illuminate harsher, and she kept her eyes closed as she felt her feet slowly lift off the ground, "That's it, keep going!"

Soon, she was about seven feet off the ground, focusing solely on her energy and what she was capable of.

Then, the training room door opened silently, and was slammed shut as Happy yelled, "Tony, you've got a meeting!"

Instantly she was spiraling out of control, her palms becoming more powerful then her feet. A shriek escaped her lips as she flung herself backwards and into the wall, making it vibrate considering just how fast she was going. Then, she was free falling, and another yell rose in her throat.

Her palms connected first to the ground, then her chest and face, and then the lower half of her body. Violet fanned out around her for ten feet for protection, and she groaned into the floor.

Peter gasped and ran to the stairs, leaping down them and sprinting into the training room, bursting through the doors. Tony was already squatting down next to her, hissing to Happy, "Cancel it."

"No, don't." She muttered while lifting her head up, "I'll be fine, I just need a minute."

"I'll stay with her, Mr. Stark." Peter butted in, kneeling down next to her to help her up. He frowned upon seeing a large cut on her forehead as Tony and Happy left, and he moved in closer to examine it. It was going to get infected if he didn't do something.

Without a word, he bent down farther and snaked his arms under her back and knees, lifting her up easily. (My boyfriend could never 🤧)

"What are you doing?" She asked shakily, completely caught off guard. "Taking you to the bathroom, you got a cut I have to clean up."

"You don't have to do that. . ." She said softly, partly because she secretly wanted him to, and partly because that's just what you say to someone. So, yes, she really wanted him to take care of her.

"But I want to." He stated, and the rest of the walk was silent, her arms wrapped around his neck, his stare straight forward. If I look at her, I'm going to lose all of my control. I can't kiss her, I can't kiss her, I can't kiss her. It'll ruin everything we have.

Peter set her down on the bathroom counter, and she shifted so she was sitting up and gazing at him as he searched for supplies. He's just. . . wow.

He grabbed some antibiotics and sprayed it onto a tissue, then moved his hands so one was cupping your face, the other treating the wound. He dabbed gently the first time to see if it would hurt her or not, but she showed no reaction, just looked at his teddy bear eyes as he examined the wound.

He dabbed for a minute, mopping up all of the blood and cleaning her cut to the point where she looked nearly fine, like it had never happened. "You're all set." He murmured, pulling his hand back to smile at her.

The boy's smile instantly faltered at the gaze she was casting him. They locked eyes, and he couldn't seem to move, but did he really want to? 

"Thank you." She mumbled, her eyes showing all of the love in the world. All she wanted to do was release it to him.

"You're welcome." He said back shyly, his eyes flickering for just a moment down to her lips. It took all of his self control to not lunge at her and have her in his arms. What if she doesn't feel the same way?

He suddenly cleared his throat and took large steps back, now putting all of his supplies back in the cupboard. "I gotta go do the dishes, you, uh, coming?"

"Yeah, I'll be down in a second." She answered and promptly watched him walk away, him never turning back. Oh, why does this love have to be so complicated?