Capsize (6)

1 and a half months ago

"I am trusting you guys with this, you hear me? I've never done this before, and I certainly don't like doing it, but I have a very important meeting with the Avengers. You have to update me every fifteen minutes, and if you're even a second late, I'm coming over—"

"Mr. Stark, we'll be fine!"

"We'll? I'm only talking about you, kid, (Y/N) can hold her own. You, well, you're a little bit twiggy."

Peter scoffed in annoyance at the comment as he continued, "You know, like your chest and torso is the trunk, and your arms and legs are like branches—"

"Okay, I think I get it."

Tony laughed and placed his arm on Peter's shoulder, leaning in. "You protect her, you hear me? We've just got her powers working solely on her own, I don't want to mess that up. Promise me."

"I promise, Mr. Stark, trust me, you can count on me. I'll keep an eye on her." Peter tried his hardest to make himself sound nonchalant, but on the inside, he was more serious than ever. I will protect her with everything I have.

"Good, I have to go now. Wish her good luck for me, will ya?" "Of course."

With that, Tony left through the glass doors, exiting the building and getting into a tinted Honda. Peter watched as the car pulled away, and he then turned around to go put on his suit. Once it was fully equipped and everything was locked and loaded, he knocked on (Y/N)'s door in a pattern, and she opened it immediately.

"Hey." She greeted with a smile, but he didn't say anything back, he could only stare at her. Tony had made her a suit, and this was her first time trying it on. It was practically a cat suit that was black, but right where her heart was laid a violet emblem to represent her.

"What do you think?" She questioned, rocking on her heels. He blinked repeatedly and coughed, trying to play off his staring, "You look. . . amazing. I can tell you're gonna kick ass."

A blush rose on her cheeks as she pushed past him and closed her door, "Come on, we gotta get going." He nodded and followed after her, and she went into the weapons room to equip herself with tiny knives. Once she was done, she nodded to Peter and the two set up to their destination, going up the stairs and to the roof.

"You ready?" He asked calmly, taking a glance at her, watching her hair blow in the wind.

Am I ready? This is my first mission since my first day here, which was two months ago. It's just taking down a drug deal, but how smoothly will this go? Will I be able to use my powers in the time of need?

"Don't overthink it." Peter said to her, and he watched her blink back to reality. She breathed in deeply while saying, "Ready." Slowly, she walked towards the ledge, and took a view at what was down below her.

The girls heart began to race as she watched cars and pedestrians bustling by, all living their own lives. All of the street lights were on, including car headlights. Peoples phones also lit the way, and for a moment, she begged to be normal like them, because they're living in a completely different Queens. They travel by foot along sidewalks, she's supposed to fly through the air above buildings. They can leave their houses, it's dangerous for her to.

"I know what will get you to stop thinking." Peter said with a smirk, and his hands were grabbing her hips and pulling her close to his chest, having an iron grip.

"Pete - AH!" (Y/N) shrieked as the boy leapt off the building, her in his arms. She instantly clung to him as if he were her anchor, yelling, "I hate you!" She could feel his chest vibrating with laughter.