Free Me (7)

Tony sat in the library for hours, sifting through the computers and books, trying to find information on the seventh stone.

After three and a half hours of searching, he finally found a book that was nearly ancient that had all of the information he needed. He sat down in the library and skimmed through the book, and finally found the correct section.

"Hey, Bruce! I got something!" Tony called while leaning back in his chair, and Bruce Banner scurried over to his seat, looking over his shoulder and down at the ancient book.

"It says here, 'For centuries, people have believed that the seventh stone was a myth, but it is in fact real. There are six main stones that everyone needs to be aware of: the Mind stone, Power stone, Space stone, Time stone, Reality stone, and Soul stone. All of these stones together will make the person with the gauntlet nearly impossible to defeat, and only one stone can stand a chance: the Lethal stone. This stone was created from dark matter, and made its way to earth.' and blah blah blah, 'This stone is now in possession of HYDRA, an organization that helps people with enhanced powers and guides them toward success.'"

Bruce snorted, "How old is this book?" Tony shrugged and tucked it into his bag. "That's stealing, Stark." Bruce commented, and Tony only waved him off. "I'll return it. Come on, we gotta get back to see how our little stone keeper is doing."

+

You sat on the couch in the common room, a damp cool towel over your head. The headache was still there, but it definitely had dulled since that lady had touched you. You closed your eyes and sighed, trying to get your mind off of everything and just take a nap.

"Wakey wakey, we got some information that you might like!" Tony chimes while walking into the room, Bruce behind him. You sat up, took the towel off your forehead, and motioned for them to sit.

"There is a seventh stone, and it is infused with you, so in order to get the stone, you'd have to be dead." "Wow, way to sugarcoat it." You said sarcastically, then shook your head, "Does that now mean that 'The Black Order' will keep on tying to kill me until they finally get their way?"

Tony looked down and hesitated for only a moment, and you knew what the answer was. You sighed loudly and said, "Well, it was nice knowing you all. Hope you come to my funeral Stark, and I also hope you pay for it."

"Quit being so dramatic, you're not going to die."

"Oh, I'm not? Last time I recall I don't have a knight in shining armor to protect me from the baddies."

Tony motioned to the door, where you saw Peter standing there, "There you go, thank me later."

"No." You immediately said, then attempted to shoo your boyfriend away. "You're not being my bodyguard, no way, shoo, scram."

Tony yelled, "Nope, stop! Get back in here, Spiderling."

Peter walked back in with his head down. "Look, Tony, I don't want a bodyguard, okay? I don't want to put anyone else in danger."

"Fine, but we'll have to keep a close eye on you now, kid. You are a stone, and everyone is fighting to get to you so that you cannot defeat Thanos. But the problem is, the purple grape already has three stones."

You gasped and shook slightly with fear, and Peter walked over to rub your shoulders in comfort. "He already has three?"

"Yeah, he got the Power, Reality, and Space stones. His next targets are the ones on earth, which are the Mind stone, which Vision has, the Time stone, which Dr. Strange the Wizard has, and you have the Lethal stone. Chances are, they're gonna go after you first since you're just a kid."

You nodded slowly and rubbed your temples. "Sorry to make things worse, but we have to go to a planet." Your head shot straight up as you yelled, "What!"

"The plan is to stop Thanos before he can even come down to earth, and it's to stop him on the planet of Titan."

"But he already has three stones, Mr. Stark." Peter commented, equally as frightened as you. "Yes, and we have three as well."

"Seriously? We're gonna fight stone against stone?" You spat.

"No. The Time stone and Lethal stone will be on Titan, and the Mind stone will be on earth. We cannot let Vision die, because the Mind stone is the second strongest one there is."

"And what's the first?" "The Lethal stone, I want you to fight with us."

"Absolutely not!" Peter exclaimed, taking his hands off your shoulders and walking over to Tony. "She's already in danger, we can't put her where she's definitely going to get killed!"

"Peter." You said softly, and the boy turned to you with raging eyes. "It's alright, I know how to fight, I need to go with them."

"If you're going then I'm going!" "Pete—" "No, I need to be there with you, I'm not just going to let you fly off somewhere and not come back!"

"What about Aunt May, Peter? What will she say?" You questioned, completely against the idea of your boyfriend coming with you.

"I'll tell her I'm going on a field trip or something, I'll think of something, I just know that I can't let you go there by yourself. Please, let me go."

"Peter. . ."

"I can keep on saying please, but just know I'm not taking no as an answer."

You and Tony both rolled your eyes at his stubbornness. "Fine, kid, you can come. But you two will be looking out for one another, okay?"