A Soft Side (7)

There was little space to fight considering it was a roof, and they tried to use it to their advantage. Tony tried to corner Steve while yelling at him, asking, "What the hell are you even doing here!?"

Steve would throw his shield at him and say with a determined gaze, "We are not going down without a fight. We are not going to fight for you, Stark, not anymore." Then he'd catch it and swing it again.

Peter swung around the building with (Y/N) when they saw Scott, Ant-Man, kick Natasha dangerously close to the edge. She scrambled up again only to be kicked again, and she lost her balance, arms flying.

Peter swung down quickly and (Y/N) lifted up her feet that quickly connected with Natasha's back, sending her flying back onto the roof. She let go of Peter and flew down beside Scott, quickly kicking the back of his knee, then his ankle, then tilting her body to kick his face. She got him square in the nose, and he staggered to the floor, groaning while holding his nose.

T'Challa swooped in and reached out to scratch her. He got her side and she stumbled a few feet before turning around in fury. The man whore a dark cat-like suit with ears prickling at the top. He had sharp nails, at least an inch, and a mask obscured his face. The Black Panther.

(Y/N) stood there for a second, taking the time to crack her neck and roll out her shoulders. Once she was done she cracked her fingers, then swirled them together to create a rod of lightning, which was blistering with energy.

The two charged at once and she swung with all of her might, be he managed to dodge it, leaping up and landing behind her. She turned around and got kicked in the stomach, making her lose her breath and tumble a few feet. She recovered quickly and hurled the spear at him, which he moved out of the way to catch with his left hand. She could hear the smirk on his face as he said, "I suppose you're going to have to be quicker—"

Two thick bolts of lightning came barreling down and consumed him, making him drop the rod with a cry and fall to the floor, momentarily paralyzed. She smirked and picked up the rod, then scanned the area to see who needed help.

Peter was putting up a decent fight against Wanda, and was attempting to stick her hands up to a wall. Tony was firing something at Steve, and Natasha was battling Scott again.

That left Sam and Bucky, who were nowhere to be seen.

Then, she was being grabbed from behind. She grunted as dark arms were wrapped around her waist and her feet were lifting off the ground. Only her toes were connecting with the pavement, then nothing.

The girl looked down to see Bucky looking up at her with a smirk, and suddenly her whole body lurched as she took off. A shriek escaped her lips as she saw the cars beneath her roar with their engines and zoom by. Lights were dazzled everywhere, and it disoriented her vision. Her head began to spin and she felt as if she was about to empty her stomach.

Bucky's heart pulled the wrong way when he saw the teenager begin to look loopy. He sighed and tried to ignore it, but quickly tapped into Sam's mic, saying, "She looks like she's gonna pass out, I think you did enough."

Sam scoffed and rolled his eyes, "You were the Winter Soldier, are you seriously telling me to put down a girl because she looks like she's tired?"

"I just don't think leaving her on a different roof will be a good idea, I mean she could roll off or no one could find—"

"Okay, okay, I get it! I'll soothe your apparently gold heart and put her down." Sam muttered, and flew back over to the battlefield, placing the girl down on the cement. She flopped over and gasped for breath while blinking repeatedly, definitely looking just as bad as she was feeling.

"Come on!" Sam called and began to run toward the fight, but Bucky couldn't move an inch, only stare at the out of wits girl. She coughed once and leaned heavily on her left arm, her eyes now screwed shut.

The man walked over and crouched down, placing his real hand on her back for something to lean on. She did so, her eyes slowly opening and then closing again.

"Peter?" She mumbled, and he said in his deep voice, "Um, uh, no. Bucky. You know, brainwashed guy?"

She nodded silently once and sat up, rubbing her eyes for a long time. She was shaking her head as then pulled it back up to see no one next to her, and everyone battling. Was I imagining that?

She shook her head in amazement and got up, those horrible feelings gone and she was ready to fight. She looked over to see Peter and Scott fighting very close to the edge, and she ran over, quickly striking down lightning right next to him. Scott cried out and took many steps to the side, and Peter took the time to kick him in the stomach and flip him over to web him down.

"What the hell is up with you kids and kicking!" The man growled and she smiled lightly before turning to see Tony losing against Steve, his shield was just too powerful. Guess we have to change that.

(Y/N) threw her arms up then swung them down to create hail, and it came raining down from the sky all at once. Steve looked up and used his shield to cover his head, and that's when she took action. She ran head first to him and shot a spark of lightning at his stomach. He groaned and let the shield go, and she grabbed it, running away giddily.

"Hey, give Cap his shield back!" Scott was back again, and raised up what looked to be a gun. At first she had her doubts, because who would let him bring a gun? After a moment it was decided that it was indeed a gun, a pistol to be exact, because he fired at the shield three times. She hid herself behind it and held it in place with each zap, fear coursing through her veins.

Then, the shield was being pulled from her fingers, the rim glowing scarlet. She tried to keep a grip, but it was ripped from her, flying into the air and soaring back to Cap, who caught it without fault. He smirked at her, then it turned into confusion.

Another loud gunshot sounded, and she was forced to take a step back from an impact on her stomach. Another went off, another in her stomach, above her belly button. She gasped from the blinding pain and cried out while taking another step back, then another.

Her left foot was half on the roof, half off. She didn't realize and put all of her weight on it, sending her arms spiraling in circles.

The girl took a sharp intake of breath as her foot slipped and fell off the ledge. Her whole body went backwards as everyone stared, completely horrified.