Monster (4)

Peter looked up hesitantly to see you standing in front of him, protecting him. What the hell is she doing! He tried to get up so you wouldn't be put in harms way, but another rush hit his head, and he was forced back down in agony.

"Ah, just the girl I was looking for." The man said with a smirk, and you geared up your hands, red swirling around your palms ferociously. Your gaze hardened as you planted your feet, standing your ground.

Peter had no idea what the man was talking about, but desperately wanted to stand up to protect you.

"Word on the street has it that you are now helpful to a group called the Avengers." The man continued, shrugging his shoulders. You didn't say anything, just stood in front of Peter, who was still collapsed in agony.

"HYDRA wants you back now that you're useful. So, why don't you come with me and I'll let your little sidekick lady leave."

"I'm not a lady! I'm a man!" Peter groaned from beneath you. You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"I'm not going anywhere with you, they made me a monster, and they're doing that to you."

The man took a step forward. "Come with me or your friend will pay."

You stretched out a protective arm across Peter and shook your head. "You are not going to touch him."

The man only shook his head and outstretched his arm so his open palm faced you. You mimicked him, putting your hand up as well. "Try me." You said, and then the man shot a beam of power over to you. You counterattacked, shooting your own beam at the man.

The two hit each other in the middle, and you took a step forward to make your attack more powerful. You added your second hand and planted your feet firmly in the ground, taking him on.

Soon enough, your power outweighed his, and he collapsed to the ground, a net of red keeping him to the ground. To your surprise, he easily broke out of it with a grunt of annoyance.

Meanwhile, Peter could finally sit up and proceeded to do so, cradling his head with one hand, keeping himself up with the other. He looked up to see you take a step back as the man leapt up and toward you. With last second thinking, he shot a hand out and a web stuck to the man's face, altering his vision.

With the advantage, you ran over to him and tried to pin him down again with your swirls of red. When you successfully did, you geared up your hands and fixated them to the man.

"They told me you would be hard." The man said blankly, and you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. Did HYDRA really believe that you were that strong? In a way, you felt honored to be noticed, but also, that made you a bigger target for their organization.

The man suddenly roared and your net once again came off him, disintegrating into thin air. You gasped, completely unaware of what to do.

Now, Peter stood up and walked over to you, leaning heavily on you. You caught him and held him against you, and suddenly, in the middle of everything, you had gotten butterflies. You cursed your teenage hormones and went back to the problem at hand, which was getting Peter to safety so he could heal. But first, you would need a distraction for the man.

"Call Tony." You said to a barely conscious Peter. He lifted his head up and groggily said, "What?" "Oh my god." You said exasperatedly, then decided to just go for it. You lifted Peter up with your telekinesis and flung him over to an alley, hoping that you didn't hit his head off anything. You heard a loud thud and winced, but couldn't do anything about it now since the man was gaining on you.

You lifted your arms up and brought them down, causing the street beneath you to rattle, and the man fell to his knees in confusion. You took your chance and once again shot a net at him, then booked it down the alley where you threw Peter.

You saw him sprawled across the floor, completely unconscious. Taking matters into your own hands, you grabbed Peter's earpiece and shoved it into your own, turning it on and tuning it while walking back out to the fight. The man was just getting up and straightening himself out.

"Tony Stark." You called, and heard only a moment of static across the earpiece before a voice chipped in, "(Y/N), where are you?" You knew it was Tony and your heart pulled, but pushed the strong feelings away. "Corner of Fourth Avenue, I need help, Peter is unconscious and a man from HYDRA is here."

Static was on the line as you used your powers to lift the man into the air and hurl him across the street. "I'm coming, pumpkin." Then, he was gone. You threw another wave of energy at the man, but this time he ducked and ran to you. You used your powers to stop the man and flicked your wrist, soaring him into a wall. He fell to the floor and groaned with hatred and anger.

"I am done being thrown around like a rag doll." The man announced, then you noticed blue coming out of his hands. With anxiety creeping into your veins, you took a step back, glancing back into the alley to still see Peter on the floor. You crept closer to the alley until you were standing in front of it, protecting Peter from any attacks. You knew the man would go after him since he clearly seemed to be your weak point, and you shuttered, impossibly, in a good way at the thought.

The man threw a blue disk at you, and you surprisingly caught it with your left hand, and it instantly disintegrated into nothing. You two had the same powers, and you could cancel out the others. But yet, you knew that HYDRA made him stronger, but you just didn't know exactly how yet.

You shot a beam of red at the man, but he quickly dodged it, rolling to the side. You shot another, and this time it hit the man, sending him sprawling backward a tremendous amount.

You took a glance back to Peter to see that he now was sitting up against the wall, but his head hung low. At least he was alive.

You looked back to see the man, but not in enough time. He ran into you, hurling the both of you to the ground. You groaned as pain zipped up your back and tried to punch him in the face, but he dodged.

He threw his hands down and gripped your neck, instantly cutting off your oxygen. You gagged and tried to throw another punch, but your arms were restricted. You powered up your hand, but red didn't come. You tried again, and soon realized that he was canceling your powers.

Your vision danced with stars as you tried to take in a breath, but couldn't. You began to slowly close your eyes, but try to open them again. Then, you completely closed them, and then the pressure on your neck was released. You gasped for air as you clawed at your neck, breathing hurting.

You opened your eyes and sat up in a panic, wondering who had gotten the man off of you. You saw Peter in his suit with his web shooters out and pointed at the man, who was webbed to the ground. He swayed from side to side, and you heaved yourself up, wincing at the pain in your neck and abdomen.

You ran over and caught Peter before he could fall and leaned him heavily against you, supporting him fully. Just then, you saw the Iron Man suit soar through the air, flying to you. You smiled widely and felt joy bundle in your stomach.

Tony landed directly in front of you, his mask came up so you could see his frantic face. "Take him." You said instantly, heaving the barely conscious boy over to Tony, who caught him and cradled his head in protection.

You noticed that Tony hesitated, looking at you worriedly. "He's severely injured and you need to take him back to patch him up, something happened to his head and he isn't healing normally."

You turned around and shot a beam at the man, sending him flipping off in the opposite direction. You turned back to Tony and nodded, "I can deal with him, just get Pete to safety."

Before you could run off, Tony's suit grabbed your arm, forcing you to face him again. Grief was evident in his eyes.

"I'll be here when you get back Tony, I'm not going anywhere. Now go!"