Redeeming Qualities

This was requested by Superherodolann I hope you like it!

"Peter? Where have you been? I've called you ten times." Tony asked gently as the boy walked in with his Spider-Man suit on, which had scratches that showed his cuts and bruises through it. He coughed and sat down on the couch, ripping off his mask.

"There was a robbery." He answered simply, leaning his head back onto a pillow and closing his eyes, listening to the aches on his body taking over him. Thank god for enhanced healing.

"Where?" Tony asked, walking over with a hint of hope on his face that the boy didn't catch. He coughed again while answering, "Um, I wanna say Twentieth Street, the bank is right across from a grocery store."

Tony cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair, sighing inaudibly, not knowing exactly how to take this information. "Where was it, again?" He requested after Peter had nearly fallen asleep, and he coughed while his body jerked and searched for an answer, "Uh, the pet store down town."

"Peter." Tony said with a tone of warning, and it instantly sparked the boy's interest. He opened his eyes all of the way and sat up, putting his hands in his lap and mixing an innocent face up.

"I know you're lying to me, now tell me where you actually were." He demanded, and Peter rolled his eyes and leaned back, muttering, "I told you, Tenth Street there was a robbery at a book store. . ."

Peter began to doze off again, and Tony yelled ferociously, "Peter!" The boy sat up quickly, fully aware.

"Tell me where the hell you were, right now." The mentor demanded, his hands forming into fists at his sides. Peter hesitated for a moment before sighing, saying, "I got another lead on Vulture. A warehouse across town. I went to it and got ambushed."

Tony put his head in his hands, attempting to control his anger. You like the kid, you don't want to rip his big elephant ears off, you just want him safe.

"How many times have I told you to let it go?" He questioned exasperatingly, rolling his eyes while forcing him to get up off the couch. He noticed him visibly wince, favoring his left side.

"Mr. Stark, you know I can't just do that. I'm doing my duties, what's so wrong with that?"

"What's wrong with that is you've been after him everyday of the week, and it's Friday Peter! I tell you over and over again to not get anywhere near him, he's too dangerous for you!"

Peter's hands curled into fists, his nails digging into his palms to control his rising anger and annoyance, "He's not dangerous enough for me! Stop belittling me!"

"Too dangerous for you? Last time I checked, he's kicked your ass each and every time, kid." Tony sassed, his arms crossing across his chest.

"I know where his hideout is." He said back in defense.

"Oh, you've finally figured out something after a week of torture? I'm so happy for you!" Tony said sarcastically, his eyes rolling while he walked closer to him.

"This is your final warning, kid, stay away from Vulture." The man said, his dark eyes boring into his muddy ones. Peter looked up at him angrily, his lip curling downwards in defiance.

"No." The boy said, not blinking, staring into his eyes.

"What did you just say?"

"I said no. I will not stay away from Vulture. I don't care if you're not proud of me, I'm proud of myself! Screw you!" Peter yelled in his face, then turned around and began to walk away.