Free Me (5)

You were perched up on a tall building overlooking a plain of tumbling, bright grass and flowers. You stayed there for about three hours now, waiting.

Then, the time had come. You saw the jetti land and unravel all of the Avengers who you had met at the Tower, including Peter. Your eyes softened as you took in his slouched form and tired face.

You formed spheres of black in your hands as you stared at all of them getting ready. They were practicing the plan over and over, ensuring that it would work while you hid on top of the building, completely unnoticed.

Then, a shard of lightning struck the ground, causing you to leap back a foot. You ran right back over to the edge to see Thor and Loki standing in the middle of all the Avengers.

You couldn't hear what they were saying, but Loki did not look happy with the situation. Cap was talking boldly, and the powerful man didn't seem to be paying attention at all.

Suddenly, the ground shook, throwing you to the edge of the building. You grabbed onto the ledge as Loki lifted his arms, then sent them down. An enormous circle-like-hole formed in the air, and what looked like aliens fell down from it.

You gasped and flicked your wrist, black swirling harshly, building up. You flung the sphere up and to the hole, it flying directly inside. An explosion happened, making the hole close up and the aliens stop falling.

You looked down to see a horrific scene. Loki had your Peter in a chokehold, and the Avengers were in a line on their knees, aliens having a gun to their head and the other on their necks. Peter!

You let out a yell and leapt down from the building, black following you down to the ground. You landed on your feet hard and went down to your knees while swinging your arms out, forcing black magic to fan out in all directions. It tumbled along the plain, striking everyone but the Avengers down to the ground.

You growled and stomped forward, eyes completely black. You stepped past everyone, who were all staring up at you, and travelled directly to Loki.

You placed your palms on both sides of his head and looked into his eyes, and suddenly his grew black as well. You used your power to make him see his worst nightmare, enabling it and making him see everything so vividly that he thinks it's happening.

You took a step back, eyes turning back to their original color. You looked down at Loki, who was kneeling, and saw that his eyes were glowing black, completely lost in his trance. You then created a chain out of your powers and whipped it around Loki, magically infusing it together to prevent him from escaping.

"(Y/N)." You heard Peter whimper, and you immediately swiveled around, and your eyes softened. Peter was kneeling, the main man of HYDRA holding him there with a gun that had been used on you before. It was beyond painful, and you got tingles just from thinking about it. It was their favorite torture device.

"No! No, no, no! Let him go and I'll come with you! I won't fight, please, just leave him alone!" You instantly cried, jutting out your arms and putting them together. One of the men looked to the leader with a raised eyebrow, and he only nodded.  The man walked up to you and locked your hands in magical handcuffs, preventing you from using your hands for your powers.

"Let him go." You demanded, and the general eased the gun away, nodding. Then he raised it back up and pulled the trigger. Peter fell to the floor, screeching in pain, body vibrating wildly.

"Peter!" You shrieked and quickly pushed forward, whacking the man who handcuffed you in the stomach, and took a step back and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine.

Then you lifted your arms up and brought them down to your stomach. The handcuffs broke right in half, clattering to the ground noisily. You raised your arms up and shot a ball at the man who shot Peter, making him collapse. You lifted your hand up and brought the gun with it, then you hurled it to Steve, who was staring unbelievably at the situation. He caught it and raised it, shooting wildly at the HYDRA men.

You created a force field of glittering black around Peter and then kicked a man in the stomach, and drove your powers into his head, creating another mental simulation to see their worst fear.

Knowing all too well that HYDRA were gonna be difficult for the Avengers to defeat, you decided to do it for them. You raised a hand and swept it across the field, swiping down each and every HYDRA member. They all clattered to the ground, completely unconscious.

You ran over to Peter, lifting the force field up and away. Kneeling beside him, you collected him into your arms and looked at his harsh jerks of body movement.

"Peter." You whispered, and he didn't respond. You then closed your eyes and made your way into his mind. You enabled the best day of his life to come across his eyes, and instantly his body stopped convulsing. His mind soothed, along with his heartbeat.

You came back to yourself and yelled to the Avengers, "Get him to the jetti, he needs to be watched at all times, he could have cardiac arrest. I'll take care of these guys."

Standing up, you casted a nod to Steve Rogers, then turned around. Before your eyes was a field of bloody HYDRA soldiers, all vulnerable.

"Do it."

You turned around to see Steve staring at you. You tilted your head in confusion, and he responded with, "They aren't human beings anymore, do it."

You nodded and turned back around, locking into their heads. You turned them all off with no pain for them, and then they were all dead.

You sighed and looked down at your hands, which were swirling with beautiful shades of black.

"They trained me to be their assassin, their warrior who never bleeds. Now I see what I have done, and how I will forever be under their control. I am a monster or their creation."

"Were." Peter choked out, sitting up with the help of Tony. You turned around to see the boy giving you a sympathetic look. "You were a monster. Now you're an Avenger. Oh god,"

He grunted then passed out again, making Tony fall backward with him. You laughed shortly and shook your head, "I've never met someone who's nicer than that boy. Take good care of him."

"Wait!" Steve called, and you turned back around. "You're not staying?" You shook your head, "I'm dangerous and a lethal weapon. I shouldn't be around people, because who knows if I'll one day lose my mind and kill all of you? I was made to be a weapon of destruction, Steve, not one that does good."

"But you can change that!" Steve yelled, taking fast steps to you. "You can change how people see you, if Stark's ignorant ass can do it, then you can."

"I'm literally right over here." Tony sassed, and Steve waved him off. "You're not who they made you to be. You're (Y/N), a girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Make the best of it."

Taking his mini speech into consideration, you nodded slowly. "Also, you've made Peter so happy, I haven't seen him smile like that in so long." Tony added, nodding in your direction.

"I'll stay."