Free Me (2)

The nice man, who you learned was Steve, stayed by your side and guided you throughout Stark Tower. He introduced you to everybody and showed you around so you'd know the place a little better.

"Last but not least, this is your bedroom." Steve said while motioning to a dark wooden door. "Bedroom?" You questioned, staring at the wood. "It's where you sleep, it's kind of like your own personal room." He explained, then opened the door, motioning you inside.

The room had mint green walls, with a window taking up one whole wall, and a queen sized bed, along with a dresser and another door. "What's the other door?" "Let me show you."

The man led you over through the room and to the second door. He opened it, and you saw a big white bowl pushed against the wall, along with two other big objects that you couldn't identify.

"This is your bathroom. That's the bathtub and shower, toilet, and sink. It's where you keep yourself clean." You nodded in understanding. "I had a hose to keep myself clean." You commented with a nod, then turned around and looked around your bedroom again.

"Why did you help me?" You asked, just staring at your bedroom in awe. "You were going to be used as a weapon." Steve said simply, crossing his arms. But you turned around and shook your head. "No. I was going to be used as a weapon, then I turned out to be a failure. They were going to keep me there for the rest of my life, they weren't going to use me again. So, why did you really help me?"

Steve sighed and looked down, then paced across the room. "This is gonna sound bad, but we need you. We're in a war with a god named Loki, and we're losing big time. We need help, and you're someone who needed help, so help for a help?"

"On two conditions." You demanded, crossing your arms in confidence. "One: I get to stay here during the war." "That's a given. Two?" "Second: there was a young boy on the jetti, I want him to be my partner."

Steve's mouth hung agape in shock. "You mean Peter, the spider kid?" "I was thinking clown, but spider sounds more right."

"May I ask why?"

"I can tap into your heads, you know. I see that all of you find no use of him, and since I need a partner, and you have no use of him, and I can take care of myself, I want him."

"Is there any other reason to go along with that?" Steve asked with a tilt of his head, smirk growing on his face. "Sure, he's cute as hell."

Steve laughed and shook his head, "Alright, I'll put in a word." He walked over to the door and put his hand on the knob. "Come on, we need to start your training."

"Training? Why do I need to train?" You questioned, but nonetheless followed him out the door. You two walked side by side as Steve explained, "We just want to know how you train, and if you're as good as you claim. Also, we don't kill people."

"You don't?" You gawked, casting him a side glance in surprise. "Then how have you made it out of every mission alive?" "Simple, we knock them out. We don't kill, okay?" You nodded as you two entered the training room.

"Can I ask a question?" You said, stopping in the middle of the room. Steve turned to you and nodded.

"I know that you and Tony went through my files." Steve's eyes widened in curiosity. "I know just about everything that you know, except for one thing. . . what's my name, Steve?"

The man took a minute before clearing his throat. "(Y/N)." You nodded and looked around the room. "At least let me try to explain myself. I know I've done cruel things in the past, I've murdered, tortured, massacred. HYDRA was in my head, telling me exactly how every mission was going to be done. My next one was to go after the Avengers."

You looked back at Steve, who was squinting at you. "I went against them. I massacred them in a blink of an eye without feeling anything. After that, they locked me up so securely that I couldn't even move around my room. They made me into the weapon you see before you, Steve. I know that HYDRA being in my head isn't an excuse, and I'm not trying to come up with one. I killed innocent people, Steve. What I'm trying to get at is that I'm thankful you took me in and got that ability band off. I'm glad that you trust me enough to not turn you into a French fry, and I don't plan to, either. But please, teach me how to be human again. I won't be much help to you until then."

Steve was silent for a moment, but eventually you convinced him. "I'll help you. But first, training. Let me teach you how we fight, and what are dos and donts."