Free Me (11)

"What!? That's impossible!"

"Not if we work together, it will work."

"Tony, not to be rude, but your plan is shit!" You hissed, giving him angry eyes. "I cannot blow up three stones, that's impossible, and how would we even work together?"

"We all pin him down."

"Oh, for the love of God! We've tried that, what, two times now? Did either time work, Tony? Did either!"

"She's right." Peter spoke from the back of the group, and you waved toward him. "Exactly. This doesn't stand a chance, we should just go and figure out another way to stop him."

"No." Tony said, pointing his finger toward the ground, "This ends now, once and for all. We stick to my plan, because I know it will work."

You considered him for a second, then commanded, "Strange has the Time stone at all times, go to whatever lengths to keep it safe."

Everyone nodded, and you looked down and at your feet. "If it doesn't work. . . make Stark pay for my funeral."

Tony scoffed and said, "Trust me, I'm not paying that."

"Hey." Peter spoke softly, grabbing your shoulders gently and massaging them. "Everything is going to work out."

"And how do you know that?" You snapped, and he sighed, pulling you into a hug, arms wrapped tightly around your shoulders. He lightly kissed your forehead and whispered, "I just do, sweetheart, I just do."

Immediately you succumbed to his gentle touch, leaning in and enjoying his scent. He had always smelt like a cool, fresh night, and you always had no idea how to describe that.

Peter pulled away all too soon and said, "It's go time, we gotta get ready. I'll be right behind you, okay?" You nodded, then ran back over to the building and ducked under the window, and Peter crawled up to the second floor with his spidey powers.

You heard the portal opening for the third time, and ducked even lower, fear crawling through your veins. You didn't know how many more times you would have to keep on going back in time, and you begged for this to be the last.

"Come out, come out, little Avengers." Thanos called lowly, and you shook your head to try and get his creepy voice out. Then, you heard Tony yell, "Now!"

You looked up and at the window just in time to see your boyfriend leap down, webs spraying all around him. You heard battle cries of everyone running out to Thanos, then you heard a high pitched scream.

You immediately bounced up and looked out the window to see Mantis dangling with Thanos's hand around her neck. You could already see the life flooding out of her, so you shot a ball at the man's hand. He dropped Mantis, who Drax grabbed quickly and shuffled away, and Thanos looked to your direction.

This wasn't exactly the plan, but you decided to wing it since it was already completely messed up. You threw two huge spheres at him, and both hit him, making him fall to his knees.

Since he was partly down, you decided to just go for it. You planted both of your feet in place, and with a gaze of determination, you shot two powerful beams at the gauntlet.

Thanos lifted it up and your power absorbed into the gauntlet, but yet, it didn't aid it, instead, your power was destroying it. You could see the color of the gauntlet slowly turn from gold to black, and you knew it was working.

Mantis suddenly was on top of Thanos's shoulders, and she grabbed both sides of his head, then his eyes were white all over. You watched as everyone crowded around the man, holding him in place.

Peter ran over and grabbed the arm that held the gauntlet and forced it to stay still as you shot your beams of black magic.

You watched as the gauntlet turned a dark black, then looked like to was crumbling. "Leave!" You yelled. "This thing is gonna blow, you gotta leave!"

Tony took it upon himself to let go of Thanos's arm and collect up everybody, rounding them into the jetti that crash landed. Peter casted you a hesitant look, but you only nodded, and that's all he needed to run over to the jetti.

You took one hand off of Thanos and trapped everyone in a force field so they wouldn't feel any of the blow. It was draining to use both powers at once, but you kept up, not wanting to fail for a third time.

Then, you saw the stones crack all in the same places. You gasped as the stones broke, shattering, along with the gauntlet. Everything turned black as the power exploded, tumbling out in all directions, leveling the land.

You cried out as you spiraled through the air, hair whipping at your face. Once you saw ground, your shot a beam down to make the land less painful, then tumbled a few times through the rocks.

The force field around the Avengers let up, and they all looked around to see no Thanos, and pieces of the shattered gauntlet thrown around.

"Peter?"

Quill turned around just as Gamora smiled at him, and he stood there, completely shocked. "I was trapped in the Soul stone." She whispered. "But now I'm free."

While they were having their reunion, the other Peter was searching crazily for you. He kept on yelling out your name and lifting rocks over, but there were no signs of your being.

That was, until you let out a painful cough. Peter perked up and ran toward the noise anxiously. He went up over a mini hill and looked over the other side to see you in the middle of the rocks and dirt.

"(Y/N)!" He cried, leaping down the hill and sprinting for dear life over to you. He crouched down and collected you in his arms, and you coughed again.

"I should've put a force field around myself." You said while groaning, and Peter sighed in relief to you being okay and already making jokes.

Peter placed a hand on your cheek and with his thumb, brushed away the grains of dust gently. "I told you we'd be fine." He said with a smile, and you painfully scoffed. "I died, Parker, I don't call that fine, I call that lucky that I even came back."

"I'm never going to let you leave again." He whispered, and you shook your head, "Don't, hun—"

"No, I promise to you that I will never let you get into that kind of situation again. I mean, who are we kidding? We protect a neighborhood, not a galaxy. They're called Guardians of the Galaxy for a reason."

You nodded in agreement. "I like that. I like neighborhoods and robbers, not mad Titans who already have three stones."

"We'll live that life." Peter whispered, gently grazing his fingers over your lips. "And I want to spend the rest of it with you. You and your crazy history, you and your abnormal powers, you and all of your shit. I love that, and I want to be around that for the rest of my life."

You smiled up at your boyfriend, and a tear tumbled down your cheek. "Hey, why are you crying?" He asked while wiping the tear away.

"I just love you so much, Peter Parker. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, too."

"I love you, too, (Y/N). Forever and always." With that, he bent down and kissed you passionately, and you knew from that moment that he genuinely meant what he said, and you couldn't help but fall head over heels for him once more.

A/N: I couldn't just not give Quill a happy ending too