The Intern

~ Requested by lilaclavender68

(Y/N) walked down the hallways of the school, yawning while passing people by. She looked down at her phone and scrolled through her messages to see a message from her boss, Pepper Potts.

Can you be here after school to intern? I'm swamped :(

With a light smile, she typed that she would be there as soon as possible, hit send, then was knocked down from the force of a shoulder against hers. She went down to her knees, her books spilling from her arms. With her face like a tomato, she began to gather them with shaky hands.

"I'm so sorry!" She heard a voice say, but promptly ignored it and picked up another book, saying robotically, "No, I'm sorry." This happened to her all of the time, it was never new.

"It was completely my fault, I'm terribly sorry." Out of her peripherals, she could see someone else grabbing her books hurriedly amongst the heavy loads of traffic of kids. Oh god, the person can't just leave me alone, can they?

The girl began to seethe, "I don't need your—" but stopped upon looking up. Her breath stopped, her heart stopped, her mind stopped. A pair of golden rays surrounding an abyss stared into hers worriedly, outstretching the book to her. But she didn't take it.

Onyx curls framed his cream face with a jawline that could cut your finger. Peachy lips were pursed in confusion, and her eyes slowly floated down to the book.

"Oh!" She snapped out of her trance, more like of checking him out, and snatched the book from his hands, fumbling it into her lap. "T-thank you. . .?"

"Peter." He said with a shy smile, rubbing the sweat from his palms onto his jeans. Wow. . .

"I'm (Y/N)." She responded, beginning to drift back into his eyes until someone's knee connected with her back, sending her on all fours. She grunted while getting back up, and Peter stared at Flash with malice as he snickered while walking by.

"Are you alright, darling?" He chimed nervously, grabbing her soft arm and helping her to her feet. She brushed off her pants while nodding, "Yes, it was nothing."

"Here are your books." He handed them over to her, and she grabbed them while shifting awkwardly. It's Jesus himself, this man is so gorgeous.

"Well, I'll see you around, (Y/N)." She stared at him for a moment awkwardly, admiring his eyes once again before shaking her head and saying shyly, "Um, yeah, see you around." She sent a smile his way and he returned one, then walked past her and down the hallway, leaving her to turn around and watch him go. I hate to see you go but DAMN.

+

(Y/N) walked up the stairs of Stark Tower in a hurry, panting after the second flight. She finally got up to the fifth floor in a heap of melted limbs, limping over to the office of her boss, Ms. Potts.

She knocked once on the side of the open door and walked in to see her boss looking at a document with papers scattered all over her desk. To say the least, she looked swamped.

"Hello, Ms. Potts. You asked for me to intern?" She chimed, attempting to brighten up the room. The woman nodded while sifting through a stack of papers, "Yes, could you please grab me my filing folders?"

With a nod, the girl exited and walked up two more flights of stairs while begging for death, retrieved the filing folders, and practically slid back down. She walked into the office and handed them over with a light smile, "Here you go, miss."