A Soft Side (6)

Warning: swearing

It had been three days since (Y/N) woke up, and they've been the most depressing three days of her life. Every other hour her body started to spark and it made her vibrate harshly for at least five minutes uncomfortably. Her head also killed, and no amount of pills fixed that. Worst, she couldn't move from her bed, a cast was wrapped about her knee. When she got up the other day she hadn't noticed it, but then her knee began to hurt and so she looked down and there it was.

(Y/N) sighed irritably and leaned back on her bed, laying down. She closed her eyes as she dreaded the next wave of sparks to intoxicate her. Whatever Nat had shot at her was reacting with her powers, and certainly not in a good way.

Suddenly her chest lurched up and she bit down on the towel that was in her mouth and wrapped around her head so she wouldn't bite her tongue. She growled through the soaked material and her body began to convulse for the fourth time that day. Her arms couldn't stay still, and her chest lurched up again, causing her to shriek in pain though it was muffled.

Tony was in his lab pressing away at buttons, designing a suit for his soon to be daughter. He was using a screwdriver when he heard movement, and looked up at the monitor above him to see the girl's room, which she gave him permission to do so. He saw her shake violently and sighed, putting his tool down and walking down the hallway over to her nursery.

Peter was working on his suit when Tony left, and once he was out of sight, bolted to the monitor. He saw the girl struggling for air as another wave of pain came, and he winced. He looked back at his suit and saw that it was nearly perfected. He was attempting to give it the ability to heal.

He watched as Tony came into the room and stroked her matted hair, pulling it out of her face and gently brushing it to the side. He whispered a few words to her that he couldn't hear, and her eyes flickered for a moment with a hidden emotion, but quickly was washed over with pain.

Soon her chest slammed back down into the bed and she let out a sob that had been rising in her throat for quite some time. Tony unknotted the towel around her face and threw it to the side, pulling her to his chest.

Peter was forced to look away and walk back to his station. He couldn't look for a second longer, because he knew that if he did, he would be sprinting down there to comfort her himself. He first needed the suit to work, then he would try. He would try to regain her trust and their friendship.

But first thing's first, (I'm the realist) that suit needed to be finished.

+

(Y/N) was sleeping deeply for the first time in five days when she was awoken sharply from a loud noise. She saw flashes of light fill the room, making it hard to see past the end of the bed. A siren was blaring and was changing pitches, which made her have the urge to throw her hands over her ears.

The girl sat up and threw her legs over the bed and she hopped down, quickly shuffling over to the door. She yanked on the knob only for it to be locked, and her heart quickened at the thought of her being trapped.

There must be a lockdown, the lock is on the inside.

She ran to the other side of the room then quickly turned around, moving her hands in intricate ways. Two whirlwinds of tornados came rushing up from the ground, and she sent them spiraling toward the door. The door's lock rattled and fell apart, sending the wood slamming into the opposite side of the hallway. She winced but walked over to the nightstand and grabbed a hair elastic, putting it up into a ponytail.

The girl walked out and looked both ways down the hallway, each deserted with flashes and sirens. She took a wild guess and trekked down to the left while bringing her arms up and behind her back. She undid each tie of her hospital gown and ripped it off the reveal black leggings and a dark fitted top with a pair of sneakers. If Tony had known that she changed into that two days ago, he would've flipped, so she kept it hidden. She didn't know if she would need it, and it turns out she just may.

(Y/N) took another turn and landed herself in the living room, the center of Stark Tower. Suddenly, the alarms all turned off, leaving her ears ringing in the deafening silence. She groaned and rubbed her eyes as a headache began to form, but was quickly drawn back in when she heard loud grunts come from upstairs.

She looked up at the ceiling with a curious gaze, then it broke, and down crashing came Vision. Scarlet outlined his form and obscured his stone, and he was sent through another floor, and another. She gasped in horror and ran to the hole and looked up to see Wanda gazing down at her with a depressed frown, but stopped upon seeing her.

"Cap, she's here!" She called and shuffled away, and soon Steve's face popped up in the hole. "Kid, I'm only going to say this once, stay down there."

The girl just stared up at him for a second, then lifted up an arm, soaring up a gust of wind his way. He was flung away from the hole and tumbled onto the roof, groaning from the rough fall. With that, she pivoted and gunned it for the stairs.

There were six flights of stairs, and by the second, she was already heaving for breath. I knew I should've done those exercise videos.

By the last flight she was panting like a dog but kept at it, grabbing onto the railing to haul herself up. She shoved open the latch to the roof and realized it was locked when it wouldn't budge after the third try.

The girl mumbled a swear under her breath and swung her arms down, causing hail to come swirling down in a thick sheet and only above the trapdoor. Since it was made of wood (really, Tony?) it broke down easily, and she stopped the hail to bring her arm up and unlatch the hook.

Finally she could kick it open and she did so with satisfaction, and everyone turned their heads in her direction. It was all of the same people who were on that battlefield, and all of the same people on her side as well, excluding a, probably broken toaster, Vision.

"Shit, Cap, what do we do?" A man in a red and grey suit mumbled while taking a few steps back, taking hesitant looks over his shoulder. "We fight."

With that, they begin to charge for her, shield and discs up and ready. She created sparks in her hands, and reared her arm back to gain some energy. She was in the middle of hurling it when something crashed into her, sending her flying.

The girl landed roughly on a building over, and she tumbled a few times before stopping with a growl. She sat up to see Peter running to her in a blur of red and blue, and her anger grew.

"What the hell, Peter?" She seethed, standing up on her own and brushing the gravel off of her clothes. "You can't fight, you're still healing."

"And how do you know that?" She barked, crossing her arms over her chest protectively. She stood straight and tall, and Peter could see the scratches and bruises that the fall gave her. Before he could utter a word, she spoke, "I think I can protect myself."

"I know you can." He stayed and walked over, grabbing her arm to keep her from walking away. "But I don't know how this fight is going to end. I need to take the safe card and leave you out of this. Please, you're not fully healed."

She tried to shimmy her way out of his grasp but it turned into iron and she sighed, slowly turning her head to look at his teddy bear eyes.

"They need our help. I'm not letting Tony down." With that, she ripped her arm from his and walked to the edge of the building, looking over and wondering how she was gonna get there.

"Well." She heard Peter sigh, and then footsteps behind her approach her, "We may as well do this together then."

He grabbed her waist and set out a web, and the two leapt off the roof.

A/N: would you guys want me to end this soon or add maybe four more parts?