Stress Reliever

~ Requested by onelastrogers    The main character's name is Jodie!

Jodie was staring at the wall in her room, contemplating throwing herself through it, but then again, pizza rolls were a thing. She sighed in disgust and spun her chair back to her desk and cracked her knuckles. With another sigh she picked up the pencil and got back to work, writing her essay on Newton's Laws that was due yesterday.

An hour later she was doing a chemistry worksheet, and the hour after that she was scribbling away at her next essay that's due at midnight.

The girl felt as if she had absolutely no life, all she was doing when she got home from school was school work. The teachers were being relentless, handing her worksheet after worksheet and essay after essay. She felt as if this was just her life now, she had to cancel dates with Peter to do a paper, and cancel with friends to make sure that her chemistry grade was not fluttering, which it constantly was.

"Jodie! Dinner's ready!" Her father, Steve, called through her door while banging on it. She was so engrossed in getting that damn essay done that she didn't even hear him, writing her fourth page out of seven.

Steve turned around and walked down the stairs and to the dinner table, where Tony, Clint, Peter, Natasha, Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and Pietro sat. They were already tearing through the mashed potatoes paired with gravy and corn, and he sat down, leaving one empty seat next to him and across from Peter.

Steve helped himself to a plate of chicken and began munching down on it, not noticing that his daughter never came down. Peter played with his corn mindlessly, worrying about his girlfriend. He knew how chicken wasn't her favorite, so he made her a plate of pizza rolls as substitute. The steam slowly faded away as they became cold, and he stared at him as this happened.

She loves pizza rolls, something's not right.

"Hey, Mr. Rogers, do you know where Jodie is?" He asked through the deafening silence, making everyone stop eating and look over at him with curiosity.

"She's right - Oh." He turned and stopped mid sentence upon seeing her chair empty. "She must've not heard me, I'll go get her." He pushed his chair and stood up as random conversations started up, and walked down the hallway and to her room. He knocked on the door again, repeating, "Jods, dinner is ready hunny!"

Silence.

Steve furrowed his eyebrows while knocking again and opening the door, "Hunny? I'm coming in." He looked in to see her furiously writing, her hair up in a messy bun. "Jodie." She turned around and looked up at him, and he could see the bags under her eyes, "Dinner is ready."

"Okay." She said shortly, turning back around and continuing to write. He walked over and put a hand on her shoulder, which made her jump. "You've been doing a lot of homework lately, why don't you take a break and eat?"

"I can't." The girl responded, "I have to get this stuff done to graduate, dad. I'll eat later." He looked down at her with worry before saying, "Okay. If you don't eat in an hour then I'm going to make you."

She rolled her eyes and got back into the zone as he left and walked back down to the dining room. With a shrug he sat down, "She's doing homework, said she'll eat later."

"She's been doing homework for the past two weeks, what's up with her teachers?" Clint asked with a scoff of annoyance, "They need to let the kids breathe."

"Yeah, we have been getting a load of work lately." Peter agreed while nodding. The conversation faded down into random rambles as he finished his dinner along with everyone else. They all helped clean up, and he grabbed the plate of pizza rolls and popped them in the oven to heat them back up. {Good things take time}