Capsize (8)

2 days ago

"(Y/N), can I see you in the lab for a moment?" Tony asked, poking his head into the living room, seeing her and Peter cuddled up together watching a spider documentary. When she didn't answer, Peter nudged her. She snapped awake and coughed, "Sorry, I was just so into the documentary, did you need something?"

"Can I see you in the lab for a minute?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in a second." With that, he turned around and left, walking back to his lab and scanning the data all over again to make sure he wasn't wrong. Everything came back positive.

"I'll be right back hun." (Y/N) cooed, leaning down and pecking Peter's lips with her own. She reared back with a smile, fixed a piece of his hair, then walked down the hall to the lab.

She instantly knew something was up because Tony rarely made eye contact with her, his gaze was kept to the floor, and his whole demeanor was slouched.

"What's wrong?" She asked, walking up to him quickly. He looked up at her with curious eyes, then said, "You know how you broke the barrier on the Magical Stone a month ago?"

She nodded, now not sure where this conversation was heading. He sighed and rubbed his face, saying, "Remember how I said I didn't know to take off the barrier?"

"Yeah. . .?"

"Well, I've done the research, and. . ."

"And what, Mr. Stark?" She asked, anxiety building up inside of her.

"The barrier was indestructible, and somehow you broke through it. When you picked it up with your bare hand, a reaction happened to your heart. . . and, well. . . you're, you're. . . you're sick, (Y/N). Your powers are slowly taking over your body, and eventually you'll have no control. And when you officially lose it, you. . . you die."

He was surprised when her only question was, "How long?" He slowly blinked and scratched his head, "Well, a month has already gone by and you're much stronger, which is easily mistaken for the growth of the virus. You still have about two months left, until you're no longer in control."

For a moment she was silent, her arms crossed, her gaze fixated on the tiles below her.

"And of course I'll try everything in my power to eliminate this, and you've seen my skills!" Tony said, trying to get a smile out of her. She shook her head and whispered, "If I could destroy something that's supposed to be indestructible, if I can touch something that someone else would die doing, why do you even believe there's a slight chance for me?"

"Because you were a normal person when that stone was forced on you, and you lived. (Y/N), that is unheard of. I've done research on this stone, and you received every single power it holds. You're here for a reason, because that stone chose you. It let you live, it let you pick it up, it let you destroy the barrier. You're connected with it, and I believe that you can overpower it and control it, we just have to figure out how."

She paused for a moment, "You really do have some skills, huh?" He laughed and nodded, which made a smile crack on her face. Instantly though, it was filled with fear.

"Peter asked me to read his stone the other day, because something felt. . . off. I skimmed through it and felt a horrible, dreading feeling, like something bad was going to happen. I called up Wanda and she said the same about Vision, so I was going to try and contact Stephen Strange soon to ask if I could read the Time Stone."

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier kid?" Tony asked.

"Well, that night you were on a date with Ms. Potts and I didn't want to disturb you, and then I kind of forgot."