Capsize (3)

2 and a half months ago

It had been two weeks since (Y/N) was granted her powers. Tony had persuaded her to stay in Stark Tower since she had been living in the alley she was found in for over a year now. Her parents abandoned her when she was ten, and she was taken under a homeless man's wing for five years until he died from hypothermia. For the last year she's been living in some random alley since then.

The girl was staring at herself in a full body mirror, completely shocked since she can't remember the last time she saw herself. Scratches were light on her face and there were some on her arms, especially on the elbows. Her eyes had bags that trapped the sleep she wasn't getting. She's been paranoid for today for about four days now, it was making her heart endlessly race.

Tony wanted to make her an Avenger. And she didn't even know how to use her powers.

A little pattern of knocking brought her back to reality, and she held her breath as she heard his voice, "Hey, are you ready?"

"Yeah, you can come in." She answered softly, and then the door opened. She finished pinning her hair back and then turned around to see him staring at her in awe.

Peter Parker. She couldn't find any words to describe just how great the brunette was, no words were ever good enough. His personality was just like the sun, he was completely open and honest with her about everything he told, and he always made her laugh. She had no idea how she would've gotten past these two weeks without him. They just sort of clicked, like magnets. And she liked it.

"Wow. . . you look b-beautiful." Peter stuttered nervously, a smile forming on his face instantly, every feature of his lighting up the moment he saw her.

The girl wore a long midnight blue dress that especially complimented her eyes, and her hair had numerous pins to hold it exactly how she wanted. His breath was completely taken away by her.

Meanwhile, she was gawking at him. A tuxedo with a bow tie, he looked so good in black and white. Everything he wore always matched, even if he didn't try. He looked good in everything, and just that thought took her breath away.

"You look really good, you clean up nice." She complimented while a blush and smile began to form, and see looked down at the floor in a desperate attempt to cover it up.

Suddenly, Peter began to walk over to her, which only took about five steps. He lifted his hand and put a finger on her chin, gently pushing her back up to meet his intense gaze.

"Never hide your smile, it lights up a room." He said softly, his finger never leaving her soft skin. Suddenly she could feel the tension in the room, she could feel the intensity of the stare that his whiskey eyes were giving her, she could notice just how close he was to her, and how he was touching her, nearly caressing. And she didn't mind one bit.

Peter suddenly pulled away, embarrassment eating away at him, "We should get going, Mr. Stark doesn't like to wait."

She nodded in agreement and he walked out of her room, her shutting the door. She took a deep breath of determination, then followed him through the twists and turns of hallways.

Once she began to hear voices her heart stopped, another wave of anxiety coming to greet her. Is he really going to make me meet these people and become an Avenger? Is that my duty? Am I being forced into this, or am I doing it willingly? Or. . . am I doing it for Peter?

Suddenly, the girl was walking into a dimly lit room that held at least seventy guests, all either wearing tuxedos or phenomenal dresses that reached the floor.