You're Supposed To Take The Shield! (2)

A/N: messed up the timeline a wee bit

It didn't take long for you to come back. You opened your eyes, but immediately closed them because the light was harsh against your sensitive eyes.

Your face was pounding. Your nose felt like it was being ripped off, and pain vibrated through you endlessly. You opened your eyes again and shifted your arms, but soon realized that you couldn't. You looked down to see that you were covered in a web and it stuck you to a wall.

"Spider-Boy!" You called, then immediately groaned after from your voice echoing. Echoing? You looked up to see that you were in the airport that you were fighting outside of moments prior.

"It's more safe in here than it is out there." A blur of red and blue crashed down in front of you, and you scowled. "Let me go." You hissed. "You're on the other side, I can't." He insisted, then leaned against a nearby wall.

"You just gonna stand there and look cocky now?" You spat. He laughed, "Wow, you were much nicer when I first met you." "That was before my nose was broken!"

Anger began to replace your fun attitude fast. Steve could've easily chosen Peter over you, but he chose you. When you got angry, you were angry.

You looked up at window on the ceiling that showed you the sky. Ignoring the blistering pain, you focused and began to see the clouds swirl and become darker overhead.

"Wh-What are you looking at?" Peter asked worriedly, then ran over to where you were looking.

You closed your eyes and felt the surge of electricity seep into your bones, and power consumed you. You yelled out, and thick, tremendous bolts of lightning rained down from the sky.

Peter flinched and, to your surprise, threw himself at you. He lifted himself up so he wasn't crushing you, but yet protected you from the storm that you were causing. The shock you were feeling made the lightning stop, and you stared at him blankly as he pulled away.

"Why did you do that?" You questioned, your eyes softening. Did he know that you caused that? "Opposite team or not, I don't like seeing people get hurt." He said lowly. Great, now she knows I have about a bajillion weaknesses. He thought harshly.

"I did that." You said with no emotion. "I made lightning come down."

Peter's eyes widened in disbelief. How could I have been so stupid to think that the lightning outside was just ironic!

You lit up your body with electricity and disintegrated the webs. "Wow, if it was that easy for you, why did you even ask for me to help you?" Peter snipped, but you ignored his question and stood up, looking into the whites of his mask.

"You shouldn't have protected me." You said, taking slow steps toward him, eyes wide. He sighed and put his head in his hands, defeated. "Is it even worth trying to ask if you wouldn't tell Mr. Stark?"

"I won't tell, Spider-Man." You said, and that made him whip his head up and at you. "R-Really?"

"You're not in it for greed, like how most of these men are. You're in it because Stark needed all the help that he was gonna get. Steve did the same thing to me." You walked a step closer and smiled gently at him.

"Since they're practically using both of us, do you wanna go get milkshakes?" You asked casually with a smirk. "We're kids, after all."

Peter would like to think that he would've been torn, but the word yes tumbled out of his mouth without a second thought.

The two of you ran out of the scene, completely out of sight and out of mind for the fighting Avengers. You and Peter ran until you saw a bed and breakfast that seemed to be still open.

"We should take off our suits, shouldn't we?" He said, slowing down. "Yeah, I'll go to the alley." You announced and ran off. As soon as you were out of sight, you tore your suit off to reveal your everyday clothes underneath. You ran back out to see a boy that looked roughly your age.

And you were completely star struck. This boy was gorgeous. He had curly, short brown hair that nearly matched his soft eyes. He had on a casual navy blue shirt on with jeans.

"Hey." He smiled and shook his head in the direction of the bed and breakfast. "You ready?"

But you couldn't move. Actually, you couldn't stop staring. "You're Spider-Man?" You questioned bluntly. He nodded and blushed under your stare.

"I'm (Y/N)." You finally snapped out of your daze and outstretched your hand for him to shake. "I'm Peter." He replied with a light smile.

Together, the two of you walked down to the bed and breakfast, and you were a never ending smile, even with your nose broken. Peter did say that you should've gone to the hospital, but you refused, not wanting to become a criminal if Captain Rogers messes up that fight.

So, you went and had breakfast with a boy on the opposite team as you, and you absolutely loved it. The boy was great in so many ways. He pulled out your chair for you, was beyond polite to you, and even offered you a pancake of his. But the best part were his stories.

Peter told grant stories of saving a group of kids in his school from a falling elevator, and how he kicked a man named Vulture's ass, but still made sure that he was alive. He talked about Tony Stark and how he never trusted him at first to be on his own, and even how he got bit by a spider. You sat there with your elbows propped up on the table and listened to everything that he had to say.

You let Peter keep on telling his amazing stories until the breakfast place closed, which was noon. You two wandered around the streets of Berlin, somehow not having a care in the world about anything. Because you only wanted to pay attention to the boy who was right in front of you.

He was kind, caring, and completely selfless. Ever since the moment he threw himself on top of you to protect you from the lightning, you knew that this boy was different, and in a completely good way.

At the end of the day, you couldn't get enough of him. You two talked about your lives and families, and it felt good to be close to him.

Too soon, you stopped in front of Peter's hotel building. Before going up the stairs, the boy grabbed your arm and walked you to a corner. To your surprise, he slipped his hands into yours and smiled shyly at you.

"I don't wanna go." Peter spoke softly, just above a whisper. "You're really cool and I really like you and I really don't want you to go." You laughed gently, "I don't wanna go either, Peter."

You looked up to see Peter looking into your eyes, but then his eyes flicked down to your lips, then back to your eyes. You smiled a little and leaned in, as did he.

Then you were grabbed by the shirt, and yanked the opposite way. You soared across the street and hit a cement wall, hard. You fell to the floor and groaned, rolling onto your back.

Tony Stark in his iron man suit hovered above you, a ball of power winding up in his hand.

"No!" Peter desperately cried while running over to you. "Stop!" He ran in front of you and blocked you from Tony's view.

"Kid, move out of the way. She's a criminal, and I need to take her in." Tony demanded, and by the tone of his voice, he was not joking around. "No." Peter said, still firmly standing in front of you.

"I've run out of patience." Tony said, and then flew over to Peter. He shoved him aside and looked down at the cement where you once were. "Where the hell did she go!" He yelled, shaking Peter.

Meanwhile, you were sprinting down a side street, running into the night and away from Tony.

Tony had put everyone in a holding space on an island that was on Cap's side except for you, Bucky, and Steve.

And now, you were on the run for your life.

A/N: sorry I didn't upload yesterday I was at the beach and today my power went out but I'm all good now. Anyway, did you guys like the plot twist?