Monster (5)

You stood your ground, taking the man down slowly but surely. At times he deflected your powers, but you instantly got him back, knocking him to the ground.

Eventually, you grew tired as Tony did not come back yet for you. Your powers were draining you, and you didn't know how much longer you could last. Also, breathing was hard and it hurt when he previously choked you and sat on your abdomen, which ached.

Soon you saw Tony fly over, and you shot another beam of power at the man, knocking him to his knees. You pushed your arms forward and kept him in place with your telekinesis.

Tony ran over and shot him with his hand, and the man instantly fell unconscious. He motioned to his hand and said, "I have it set on tranquilizer mode, didn't think I'd need it until now."

You nodded and brushed the hair out of your face, out of breath. As you did so, Tony immediately noticed your bruising neck. You cleared your throat, which killed, and put your hair back in front of it and pulled your shirt up more to conceal it.

"How's Peter?" You asked. He had been the itch in the back of your mind for quite some time now, and you needed to relieve it. Why were you so concerned? You had absolutely no idea, but yet your heart did backflips whenever you thought of him.

Do not tell me I like him. Your conscious shrugged its shoulders, and you internally groaned.

"I put him under a machine, but something's wrong. He's not healing like he should be."

You nodded and put your head down, guilt eating away at you. You wished that you had gotten to him in time, and not waited until the damage was set. How could you have been so stupid?

"Hey." Tony said softly, and you looked up to meet his gentle eyes, which were boring into you. "It's not your fault, don't blame yourself." You only shrugged in response and walked over to the man, lifting his unconscious body up off the ground with your mind.

"We need to get him contained, he's gonna wake up soon." You stated, holding him up for Tony. "Do you know what he can do or why he's here?" Tony asked, just examining the man floating.

"HYDRA made another program of me, but stronger. He can do anything I can, but has really slow reflexes. He was trying to take me back because word has it I'm helpful to the Avengers."

Tony nodded and kept his head down. After a tense moment of silence the man asked, "Why did you do it?"

"Do what, Stark?"

Tony always hated it when you called him Stark.

"Protect him."

Being completely caught off guard, you laughed awkwardly and shrugged slightly, trying to think of a normal answer other than just random noises that splurge out of your mouth.

"We're on the same team, Tony."

The man instantly shot back, "You didn't have to get yourself involved, you could've run away, and yet you didn't. He told me you stood right in front him so he couldn't see the man. In every single movie I've watched that's done that, it's a sign of protection. So tell me, why did you protect him? Why did you save him, (Y/N)?"

You took a step back, shocked by how strong the mentor's voice became. "I told you, we're on the same team. I couldn't let him go down." "But why couldn't you let him!" "Why does it matter, Tony? Can't we just get this guy in a prison or something, because he's gonna wake up soon."

Tony sighed angrily, rubbing his hands against his face in exhaustion. "Peter said that you said that I only care about people who make me successful and that I wouldn't take you back. Well, listen here, pumpkin." Tony said angrily, taking two tremendous steps to you, making you take a tiny step back.

"I would've taken you back in a heartbeat, (Y/N)! And I still would, because I treat you like my own kid! And I would never abandon you if you don't make me money, because I don't care about the money. I only care about you, and if you're safe, or if you've eaten enough for dinner. I don't care about the cost for God's sake, I care about you."

You could only stare at the man who was pouring his heart out to you. In that moment, the wise man was so vulnerable, and all because of a sixteen year old girl.

You gathered your senses and ran over to Tony, wrapping your arms around his waist, shoving your head into his chest. He gently rubbed your back as you sniffled against his shirt.

"I'm so sorry." You whispered. "No, pumpkin, I'm sorry."

+

You walked into the brightly lit room slowly, smoothing the hair out of your face and behind your ear. You looked around to see blinking monitors and a poorly beating heart scanned onto the screen. You looked down to the bed to see Peter Parker there, laying perfectly still, blankets tucked around his body. He hadn't woken up in four hours, and Tony said that he should've been laughing in two.

You looked around and dragged a nearby chair over to his bed, and slowly sat down in it, abdomen hurting. Once you got comfortable, you sighed and gazed at the unmoving boy carefully.

His features held no expression, along with his body language. You slowly inched your hand to his, but once you saw his fingers just centimeters from yours, you yanked it back quickly.

Tony had asked you to come in and use one of your new abilities, which was the ability to heal.

To start it off, you tapped into his mind. You quickly realized that he was in a coma, and he was screaming for help in his head. You retracted and looked at the boy. He seemed to peaceful on the outside, but certainly not on the inside.

"I'm gonna help you, Pete." You said softly, readjusting your posture so you could make contact with him. You knew that he could hear you, and he instantly stilled, waiting for your voice to come back.

"It's gonna feel a little weird," You stated, twiddling your fingers to relive anxiety. "But it's gonna be okay, I can. . . I can promise you that much."

Peter stared up into nothing in his mind, wondering where your voice was coming from. He tried to walk to you, but the sound remained the same no matter where he went. You tapped back into his head and noticed that he was struggling and getting anxious.

Without thinking, you grabbed his left hand and put it between yours, warming it up. Peter instantly felt the contact and looked down, but nothing was touching his hand, yet he still felt the pressure.

"I'm gonna get you out of there, just give me a few minutes, okay? Calm down, I'm going to get you out of there. Can you feel my hand against yours?"

You went back into his head to feel Peter nodding excitedly. "Good, that's great. I'm gonna let go now, and wake you up, okay?"

Since you couldn't hear an answer, you unraveled your hand from his and lifted them up. Scarlet swirled through your fingers, and you sent a condensed ball of it over to him. It hovered about his chest, and you forced your hand down, sphere following your moments.

It struck his chest and his body lurched up. You jumped and tried to calm down the process. You uncurled your hand and slowly moved it down, but Peter's body still vibrated.

You scrambled up to run to him, but red emitted from his body suddenly. You took a step back and watched as the red lifted from his body and flew across the room, a few feet in front of you. It morphed into a body, and the red became an outline to a transparent Peter Parker.