A Soft Side (3)

"Do you really think we'll win?"

"I don't know."

A week had passed since (Y/N) had made herself at home in the hideout, and she's been having a complete blast. 

The whole week had been filled with Peter Parker, and the two had bonded originally because they shared their age. They got to really know one another, and always hung out.

Peter and (Y/N) were on his bed, both of their heads in the middle of the bed. Peter's legs hung off the bed, and hers were propped up on the wall above the pillows. They were looking up at the dark ceiling, the lights off. Nighttime captured the sleep of many, but not them.

"We have to win." Peter stated quietly to ensure he wouldn't wake anyone in the other rooms up. "I mean, we have Iron Man on our team, we have to win."

The girl silently agreed, and there was nothing for a few moments. "How did Mr. Stark find you?"

Her blood went cold as her next breath got caught in her throat. She stiffened for a moment, and finally let out a sigh. "We used to know one another." Was all she said, she didn't dare tell him the truth, but with that statement she wasn't necessarily lying.

(Y/N) outstretched one of her hands above her head to make herself more comfortable, and a smile appeared on her face as she felt a hand move across the bed and gently meet hers, grabbing it and holding it delicately. She instantly relaxed, allowing him to do the motion while closing her eyes.

Upon relaxing and having her eyes closed, she grew tired, sleep slowly consuming her. She expected him to tell her that she should go back to her room now, but he never said anything, just held her hand, his heart nearly beating out of his chest in excitement. She's letting me hold her hand.

The girl soon fell asleep, her light breathing filled the room.

A heavy smile tugged on Peter's lips. She fell asleep with me holding her hand, that must mean she's comfortable with me, right? She must be! She can at least stand me. . . I more than stand her, I like her. I really, really like her, but I doubt she feels the same way. . .

+

Tony walked into Peter's room in the early hours after not seeing (Y/N) in her room, and stopped in the doorway. The two were still in the same position, but sleeping soundly.

He had no idea that this would be the outcome of the girl being here, but he didn't mind it. His plan was to free her from the confinements of his prison and introduce her into the real world.

"Mr. Stark?"

His eyes widened as he saw (Y/N)'s open, and took a step forward while putting a smile on his face. "Hey, I didn't mean to wake you, you just weren't in your room is all. . ."

Her eyes nearly popped out of her head as she quickly sat up, tearing her hand away from a still sleeping Peter. "It's not what it looks like!"

He laughed gently while outstretching both of his arms, "It's alright. If you guys like each other, I totally support it. I think you two are really good for each other."

A deep blush formed on the girl's face as she whispered quietly, "Thank you, Mr. Stark. For giving me a second chance."

He caster her a warm smile, "I'm glad you took it."

+

"We need to fight with strategy, folks, and the way to do that is to use the abilities we have wisely. (Y/N) and Peter, you stay in the shadows and out of sight until my signal. Peter can take Cap's shield away, which is his only defense. After that, it should be easy to capture him and bring him back to the base." Tony said with everyone gathered around a table. He was showing them a map of the place where they would fight and was taking them through what he hoped to happen step by step.