Getting Back To You

Requested by Superherodolann    ! Main character is Jodie 🥰

The training room lights were dimmed on the ceiling, but yet the room was bursting with light. Jodie waved around her arms, fire sourcing from her palms, hitting a target, then another.

"Great job, Jods." Her father Steve Rogers praised, giving her a clap on the back, "You're getting closer and closer everyday to achieving flam throwing! Go get some dinner, I'll clean this up for you."

"Thank you, dad." She said while exiting the room, deciding to keep on her training suit, she wanted to return here and continue training afterwards.

Ever since she got these powers, the same day as Peter Parker did, her dream was to be able to flame throw. It would access her to so many things, like learning to not just produce spheres of fire, but beams. Also, she would learn how to conjure blue fire, the hottest of them all.

Jodie sat down at the dinner table across from Peter giddily, and he smiled her way. They have been dating for about four months now, considering they were constantly with each other training. She smiled back at him and took a piece of chicken, placing it on her plate.

"You training afterwards?" Tony asked while stuffing mashed potatoes into his mouth, and she nodded. "You're doing really good, I'll be able to start taking you on missions soon." Natasha chimed, and a smile formed on her face as she asked excitedly, "Really?!"

"I don't know if that's such a good idea." Peter said, swallowing his corn. The whole table turned to him, and the joy sparked away from her eyes. "Why?"

"Because you're still inexperienced." He answered, taking a bite of chicken, "I mean, you can't even conjure a flame thrower, and I've read the books on your abilities. It should be pretty easy for you, and you've been struggling."

"It's not easy, Peter." She snapped back, "You don't have any experience with my abilities, so I'd like Tony's input on it as well." She turned to him, a hopeful look in her eye.

"I know you're ready, Jodie. Flame throwing is actually much harder for a woman, trust me. You've mastered a lot of other abilities, so I say go with Romanoff on her next mission."

"Thank you, Tony! I won't let you down!" She cheered, getting up and wrapping her arms around his neck just as Steve walked in, "What's the good news?"

"I get to go on a mission with Nat!" "Oh, my sweetheart, I'm so proud of you!" He praised, hugging her from the side and giving her a gentle kiss on her temple.

Peter roller his eyes and set his napkin down, standing up from the table. "Kid, where are ya going?" Tony asked, and he stopped in his tracks and turned around. She could see anger blazing in his eyes, and she took an involuntary step back.

"Jodie, can I speak with you in private?" He asked, eyeing Steve, "I think whatever you have to say can be said right here." She responded, looking back at Tony nervously.

"Fine, fine." He muttered, walking over to her slowly while saying, "I'm done with you thinking you're invincible, Jodie. You're not ready to go on missions."

"You don't decide that." She said, her nails curling into her palms, "The original Avengers do."

"So are you saying that I'm not an Avenger?" He fires back angrily, and she shook her head, "No, you are an Avenger, but you're not an original, and neither am I. The Avengers who fought at the Battle of New York are the original ones, we're still minors, Peter—"

"You say we're minors, yet you beg to go on missions."

"You already get to go on missions on your own, Peter! I just want to make you, everyone, proud! I want to show you that I have potential too!"